Deleted

Is current wow development too restricted in certain patterns?

Would be awesome if they suddenly would surprise players and make a daily quest hub in the old world for example Gilneas or Alterac or something what veteran players are familiar with. It just seems that every move they now make is 100% following certain patterns and that's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Would be awesome if they suddenly would surprise players and make a daily quest hub in the old world for example Gilneas or Alterac or something what veteran players are familiar with. It just seems that every move they now make is 100% following certain patterns and that's boring.
    First of all Gillneas is not really a place the veterans is very attached to as it came during Cata. Second... will they not still be following the boring route? Aka adding more dailys... If they really wanted to surprise the players, they could add another difficulty to 5-mans or something. Something that awards actual gear that you can use, that is worse than normal raid gear, but better than LFR. Of course you should not be able to sign up to these through the LFD.

Having to go to Gilneas or Alterac to do one set of dailies would be terrible. Games are all about forward progression, and while making you go back to do stuff you missed is cool, forcing players to take 20 - 30 minutes out of the short time they may have to play to get to those zones and back isn't fun.

Now you could answer this by putting portals in the major hubs to those minor daily areas, but at that point, what's the point? I'd rather new lore and new story in new zones. People complain about "rehashing" as it is. I've already seen those zones, I've already done those quests. I don't need to go back.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

What else do you expect? New things happen in new places, the old places never are bothered for the most part. In my opinion it'd be great if they'd add more to these "holiday event" things other than just updating the already existing items. But even I know that they can't please everyone...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    In my opinion it'd be great if they'd add more to these "holiday event" things other than just updating the already existing items.
    Well this was something I was looking for. For example them adding something players didnt see on ptr. I know you dont have to play on ptr and browse wow-related websites, but you can stumble accidentally on ptr information anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    First of all Gillneas is not really a place the veterans is very attached to as it came during Cata.
    Well fuck that!! Dont take every word so seriously, I just merely suggested that they should give sometimes cool stuff what would surprise players. Do you have aspergers syndrome?

Well fuck that!! Dont take every word so seriously, I just merely suggested that they should give sometimes cool stuff what would surprise players. Do you have aspergers syndrome?
    Probably the most ironic thing I've read tonight.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Probably the most ironic thing I've read tonight.
    I mentioned Alterac also, you fuckin prick!

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-02-16 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Well this was something I was looking for. For example them adding something players didnt see on ptr. I know you dont have to play on ptr and browse wow-related websites, but you can stumble accidentally on ptr information anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:55 PM ----------

So what you want is a bunch of untested content in an old zone? That would be more of a shock to players than a surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    So what you want is a bunch of untested content in an old zone? That would be more of a shock to players than a surprise.
    Then them (players) are bunch of fussies!

I mentioned Alterac also, you fuckin prick!
    ahahahaha oh wow
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, are you having a bad day?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Man, are you having a bad day?
    No but im from Russia, I dont necessarily want to be polite.

For what it's worth, I like the old world a lot better than Pandaria (whose relation to the rest of WoW is rather tenuous) and would think it lovely to be sent around there from time to time for new content... just not these 'travel here, then travel here, then travel back again' quests.
    Perhaps we'll get some scenarios in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Northrend? Hell, even Outland could be interesting if it ties into the story properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    would think it lovely to be sent around there from time to time for new content....
    Thanks man, this is what I was thinking. Right now wow isnt really surprising it just follows certain pattern: We have expansion --> all new content in patches must only be tied to new expansion. It's just so boring. Best solution for them would propably be sometimes release new content not only for Pandaria, but for old zones too for lvl 90 players. That way players could have some worthwhile doing in old world too. In other words, they should release at same time they're releasing content for Pandaria also release some small updates for old world too to make it more interesting for lvl 90 players.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2013-02-16 at 05:26 PM.