Deleted

Healing LFR compared to normals

Since i am very unlucky in LFR as a healer but somehow end up on top of the healing as disc with 473 ilvl i was wondering how healing normal raids compares to LFR.

Could it be easyer with less people standing in avoideable dmg ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Since i am very unlucky in LFR as a healer but somehow end up on top of the healing as disc with 473 ilvl i was wondering how healing normal raids compares to LFR.

Could it be easyer with less people standing in avoideable dmg ?
    Depends on the players you raid with, if you pug the same thing as LFR may happen.
    But finding a good guild, with good players, then it shouldn't happen and the transition from LFR --> Normal isn't that high, but the damage output is still higher than LFR.

LFR has very few "don't stand in X or you die" damage situations. It happens every now and then (Elegon!), but in general you can - and are expected - to outheal everything in LFR. And since you are expected to outheal everything, the damage just cannot be too heavy. As a consequence, most of the mechanics challenges can simply be ignored on LFR; and if you actually avoid the damage, two healers is generally enough.

Healing raids is not very different between LFR and normalmodes. The damage is notably heavier, of course. And when someone fscks up, you will note that it is a much heavier drain on your mana to patch it up, if it doesn't kill them outright. A fresh raid group will find that they usually have to perform close to flawless to down their first few bosses as a result, or their healers just run OOM before the boss enrages. This is not a healer problem! This is a "people need to avoid X"-problem.

Raids gets way more lenient towards errors as everyone gears up though. But in general, healing is mostly the same, just heavier. What makes the difference is those fight mechanics. Coordination and cooldown usage is much more important in a real raid, and if you don't do it right, someone will die. And then you wipe. Sometimes you just need to play the cooldowns to counter the incoming damage from a mechanic, and there is more hoops to go through since the mechanics are often a bit harder to deal with. More than once have I had to tell my raidleader "sorry; I accidentally hit my divine hymn button, we're likely going to wipe on the next big attack because I cannot counter it anymore".

If you feel comfortable healing LFR, you should be quite ready to heal real raids though! Just remember; even if people die all over the place and the raidleader starts yelling over "bad healing", this is usually not caused by bad healing at all - just bad tackling of a raid mechanic. What LFR fails to teach you is how to tackle those fight mechanics, as you can easily just ignore most of it in LFR. That is the main difference!

For HC raids, this mechanics issue is even more true.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

If you feel comfortsble healing lfr, then you are more than ready to heal real raids. The main difference is needing to be careful with your mana and saving cd's for actual necessity.