Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

HC Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Hello, been struggling on HC Gara'jal as Blood.
    Taking too much damage during Voodoo Dolls.
    After doing some research I found advice for parry>mastery.

My character: Pragnoran@Hellfire-EU.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...noran/advanced
    Is parry that much better on that fight or should I go for a different way for gemming and enchanting?

Btw. Got LFR Shin'ka, don't know if that's better then the polearm.

Your health pool is incredibly low. How much hp do you rock with a stam flask? My dk hits up to 700k with a flask on and it's only 489 ilvl.

With regards to mastery on this fight, it is vastly weakened due to our Blood Shields not absorbing any damage from the bosses Shadowy Attacks, which he does every 8 seconds. I would advise that yes, Parry and Dodge would be stronger for this fight than mastery.

Deleted
    Hmm, should be close to 680k fully buffed.
    So replace all my mastery gems for parry, get strength enchants, use Shin'ka and take the parry runeforge?
    Last edited by mmoc261824d975; 2013-02-16 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Ignore stamina (and hit+exp) entirely for this fight, stack avoidance and mastery, use swordshattering and use a str flask (parry), the only ones that are in danger of dying are your vodoo dolls and you want to minimize the damage you take. Have your co-tank start out tanking and stack up blood shield, get full runic power+blood tap before he gets banished. This combined with proper use of cds should allow you to have blood shield up for the entire duration you're tanking, the result of this is that no normal attacks get through to the dolls and that your bone shield charges don't get consumed, meaning that the shadowy attacks deal 20% less damage as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I specifically run with clemency to keep our Blood DK in the clear with Hand of protection (you do not loose aggro on this fight). If you have paladins, ask them for this. If there's too many adds up and your'e being pummeled with the Voodoo. This is a nifty cheat and it means our blood DK doesn't have to waste time changing...stats (I said spec, I am dyslexic sorry)just for the really hard parts. Just make sure your paladin is sort of timed with going in and out of the realm at near the time you do. It can get dicey later but I usually pull it off.

But otherwise ... I think you should try going with more...of something , and make sure you've got a 'on use' dodge trinket somewhere, that's more luck based but... They helps.

...I would...guess the axe might be better for you, I don't know though.

Anyway just thought I would mention what I do for our DK tank.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-02-16 at 02:55 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Should I go for 10% dodge and the right amount of parry, then mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Pragnoran View Post
    Should I go for 10% dodge and the right amount of parry, then mastery?
    Hmm even though dodge/parry help somewhat on that fight they're still shitty stats.... and I doubt the issue here is with gearing but rather that you probably don't play that fight properly.
    Some WoL logs would really help because I suspect you don't time your cooldowns right.

Also... why is none of your gear reforged? °_°

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Also... why is none of your gear reforged? °_°
    Just cleared the reforges, want to try something
    Tried it for one night and the person that does WoL failed, so don't have any logs.
    Thing that annoys me is that I normally take 40% less dmg then our BM tank, but taking more dmg on that fight. Healers are struggling and they are telling me that I'm taking too much dmg because of the Shadowy Attacks.

Thing that annoys me is that I normally take 40% less dmg then our BM tank, but taking more dmg on that fight. Healers are struggling and they are telling me that I'm taking too much dmg because of the Shadowy Attacks.
    hmm found some older logs of your gara'jal attempts and there are already quite a few mistakes:
    1) It looks like you started tanking - big nono
    2) You didn't use AMS - this really needs to be used the moment you start tanking to possibly protect some of your Boneshield charges
    3) Looks like you have a Holy Priest - ask for a shield on cd this will also protect some Boneshield charges well and you should probably ask the priest to go disc anyway since damage prevention on the tank is really important here and disc priest just have the better tools for that.
    4) You should also ask for outside cds once your Blood Shield falls off - Hand of Sacrifice (if the paladin doesn't have vodoo doll) , Pain Supression, Power Word: Barrier , Aura Mastery ,... all help a lot here.

Besides in my opinion you should focus on Mastery/Haste/Stamina on that fight and forget about Dodge/Parry because most of your damage mitigation comes from keeping up Blood Shield and dodge/parry don't help with that at all. Just because Dodge/Parry are the only thing that work against Shadow attacks still doesn't change the fact that they're crappy low chance RNG.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-02-16 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice, will try it next wednesday.

Deleted
    Mastery will only give u a shield in = to your overall hp. so you need to start looking at improving your hp with stam + mastery gems or pure stam depending on socket color.

I'm based on same realm and side as you, so any questions just ask

Besides in my opinion you should focus on Mastery/Haste/Stamina on that fight and forget about Dodge/Parry because most of your damage mitigation comes from keeping up Blood Shield and dodge/parry don't help with that at all. Just because Dodge/Parry are the only thing that work against Shadow attacks still doesn't change the fact that they're crappy low chance RNG.

Dodge/Parry DOES work on Shadowy Attacks... Mastery doesn't... So, stack Mastery? ... No.

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Dodge/Parry DOES work on Shadowy Attacks... Mastery doesn't... So, stack Mastery? ... No.

*facepalm*
    Yes it gives an inignificant chance to dodge them that has next to no impact on the fight. High enough mastery on the other hand may allow you to take 0 physical damage on that fight which does have a much larger impact because it makes damage taken fairly consistent.

Yes it gives an inignificant chance to dodge them that has next to no impact on the fight. High enough mastery on the other hand may allow you to take 0 physical damage on that fight which does have a much larger impact because it makes damage taken fairly consistent.

Stacking avoidance makes it far from insignificant. There's a reason why its the widely accepted way of gearing for the fight; Because its right, regardless of your opinion.

Tankspot might not be doing video guides anymore, but its still a hell of a lot more reliable than this place for tanking information.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...er-please-help

Quote Originally Posted by Killiam View Post
    Mastery will only give u a shield in = to your overall hp. so you need to start looking at improving your hp with stam + mastery gems or pure stam depending on socket color.

I'm based on same realm and side as you, so any questions just ask
    Even with min shields mastery gems are still about 3 times as effective as stam gems => no pure stamina gems.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 07:00 PM ----------

Stacking avoidance makes it far from insignificant. There's a reason why its the widely accepted way of gearing for the fight; Because its right, regardless of your opinion.
    Tankspot might not be doing video guides anymore, but its still a hell of a lot more reliable than this place for tanking information.
    So where in this thread do they say that avoidance stacking is the way to go?
    The only thing I found in that thread was that Swordshattering is the enchant you should use on that fight which is something I can agree on because Fallen Crusader heal is kind of pointless on that fight and Spellshattering doesn't do much either.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-02-16 at 06:01 PM.

I prefer mastery>avoidance on that figth. I used both options avoidance and mastery. Mastery give me less damage taken. Mastery give you 100% to avoid melle attack and 0% to avoid shadowy attack, avoidance at best could give 40-45% to avoid melle attack and shadowy attack.

I don't like disci priest on that fight because we was dying and our disci priest always change to holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    I don't like disci priest on that fight because we was dying and our disci priest always change to holy.
    Then most likely your disc priest was doing it wrong...

Deleted
    Atm unbuffed:
    572k Health
    10.11% Dodge
    20.93% Parry
    148.13% Mastery

Balanced between avoidance and mastery.

Do I still need to use the strength food and flasks for more parry or the stamina flasks and food?

Quick summary, so I don't misunderstand things:
    Let the monk start.
    Ask the priest for shields.
    Time cd's so they reduce the dmg on 2 shadowy attacks.

Anything I forgot?

Deleted
    I can't speak for avoidance because I have a pure mastery build and i've never had a problem with that fight at all (taking 0 melee damage most of the times the boss is on me always makes me lol).

A good tip though is using AMS (if you're not already) and having AMZ from yourself and any other DK's in your raid. It's not a DPS loss from anywhere and as long as you're not dying then you don't need to be running with purgatory.

Do I still need to use the strength food and flasks for more parry or the stamina flasks and food?
    Stength food... maybe - flask no way. The best thing will always be elixirs by far (Armor + Mastery).

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 07:28 PM ----------

Time cd's so they reduce the dmg on 2 shadowy attacks.
    Anything I forgot?
    If you manage to do it - for IBF I also recommend popping it the moment you get aggro or otherwise it won't be back up for the second time you tank.
    Well you forgot to call for raid and or tank cds once you see your Blood Shield running out - Aura Mastery , Power Word: Barrier, Spirit Link totem ; Hand of Sacrifice , Pain Supression or whatever is available at that time.

Another thing I forgot to mention: Spec Unholy blight for the Shadow Realm - if you time it right you can debuff 2 of the big adds and lots of the small adds with it.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2013-02-16 at 06:30 PM.