Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    I thought Cata was okay with some flaws, but Pandaria has just been completely uninteresting to me. Going with the monotone of PANDAREN bores me, especially when I don't find Asian culture all that interesting to begin with.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    In WotLK, the average pug-group had ICC-10 gear
    Not until about a year in... and by that time, no one was running the heroic dungeons (unless they were running guildies through it) because they were Pugging ICC.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People rarely quit "for one reason." And as for "after Wrath dungeons being so easy," that's another fallible point. LFD was only instated during 3.5, when Blizzard actually put in heroics that required effort to complete.
    Patch 3.5? That's a new one. You probably mean 3.3
    And frankly, 3.3 heroics were ridiculously easier than the Cata ones at the start. Because - guess what - people were already running a lot of stuff, including a perfectly puggable TOC and the TOC 5-man providing 219 (iirc) loot. While in Cata, people were at most in blues to start heroics, which were longer and probably harder (at least as healer) than the 3.3 ones.

The standard PuG group couldn't ignore the boss strategies in H Forge of Souls, you'd die in soul vortex or end up getting your healer killed in well of souls. You couldn't chain pull trash mobs in H Pit of Saron; they'd quickly overwhelm and wipe you. And H halls of reflection... well, that one speaks for itself. They weren't mind-bendingly hard heroics, they just required perseverance.
    Yet they were infinitely easier to complete.

Except one could easily learn how to do said content. It was a learning experience at times for some, sure, but learning experiences are necessary.
    In a perfect world where people do not pay subs, perhaps. In practice, most people are not very good at what they do, and if they don't get the bang out of their buck, they just go try something else.

And if the harm were "indeed done," that's even more of a reason to stick to their guns. If all the people that supposedly quit because heroics were "too difficult" had indeed done so, do you think they would have been lured back by raid patches?
    There was the DS heroics to correct the situation. They were quit easy to complete and provided people with a catch-up (whether it was a good idea or not is another discussion). Also, there was LFR. Those two combined have indeed lured a lot of players back, because they could - for once - do something besides dailies and BGs.

Also note that a LOT of people got tired of Dragon Soul very quickly... Three piss-easy dungeons certainly didn't help keep it any more interesting any longer.
    As I was saying in my initial post in this thread, Cataclysm poured a lot of resources into Old World revamping. As a corollary, there was less resources left for everything else.

Except more times than not (many, many, MANY more times than not) they managed to.
    Not really, no. I could talk to you about 4 hours heroic SL (without me, thank God), people leaving after the first wipe and so on. Nothing unusual compared to Cata initial heroics.

And moreover, I ask, if five man heroic dungeons aren't supposed to be difficult, then what IS supposed to act as the skill median between leveling and raids?
    Nothing. Because - guess what - raiders are a tiny minority within WoW population. You don't design content based on that. People level to max, do (easy) 5-man and then do LFR. Most of them stop there. Everything above (raiders) is a tiny population.

Gear doesn't grant you competency, only testing your skill over and over again does. Outside of raids and challenge modes (and PvP, but that's seperate,) that sort of thing doesn't exist. If someone doesn't want their skill tested, that's fine, and they had ways of "not having their skill tested" while still running content. In essence, Blizzard has removed the "log on at your own leisure and drop into some thought involving PvE content" aspect from the game. Which is what I take issue with.
    Don't get me started about skill in BC. BC was even more about gear. Because don't tell me that an imba rotation of BC enh shaman consisting of 3 buttons required skill. Or the legendary shadow bolt spam (or immo/incinerate) of warlocks. Compared to today, DPS rotations and healing toolkits are much more complicated than in BC. Tanking is easier, that's true, but that's about it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Cata was a pretty lazy expansion in terms of raid content. In Wrath you had 3 tiers with more than 10 bosses(sure Naxx was recycled but most people never saw Naxx60) and 4 total tiers. The first 2 had triggered hardmodes for a number of bosses and the last 2 had normal and heroic levels. The heroics in ICC werent that different than Cata heroic raids where you basically add 1 more ability and more boss health and damage.
    As I already said, yes, it's true because the old world revamp took a lot of resources. It may not have been the best decision, but in my opinion it had to be done. And it would have gone infinitely easier if they didn't screw up the initial 5 mans in the process.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was pretty good tbh,, (apart from the obvious bad things) the only thing i didnt like was the separate zones and the shitty story and cack assed boss called deathwing who nobody partcularly gave a shit about ;p

Cata is/was far more enjoyable and fun than this pile of shit that is MoP !!
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

No actually, I haven't heard it anywhere but on some forums where the whiners were crying about mop as usual at the beginning of a new expansion.
    I hated Cataclysm pretty much tho. The first tier was amazing bar Al'akir and his bitches. Firelands nearly burned out my eyes and DS was around for way too long. I don't say that it wasn"t useful either: the reform on the old content questing system made leveling few alt characters bareable as opposed to the old one ( tough the linear quest system was not my favourite)
    As for MoP I think it is a pretty good expansion so far, the amount of lore they could squeeze out of an unknown continent was actually amazing, altough I think the new raid is coming out a bit early. The horrible rep/daily farming is really out of its place, that is for sure and some raid encounters were horrible, but other than that it is pretty cool imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I still hate Cataclysm. The story/questing in WotLK was great, but heroic dungeons were a little too easy and raids were too PUG-abble. I can't speak for BC, because I wasn't around when the content was new.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Deleted
    The first tier was good, but subsequent tiers of PvE and PvP in general were pretty poor, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Cataclysm is bad, and will always be bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    The first tier was good, but subsequent tiers of PvE and PvP in general were pretty poor, in my opinion.
    The truth!

Tier 11 was a very much 'acceptable' tier. Tiers 12 and 13 were downhill on a massive scale.