Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's not his heritage and shit that makes me dislike him... it's the that fact that he's a paladin/mage/shaman hybrid... I mean... really? How could he not be overpowered?
    he's a shamageadin, but he had to be empowered by *Idon'trememberhowmany* people to defeat cho'gall, a single warlock.

gotta love warlocks
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    he's a shamageadin, but he had to be empowered by *Idon'trememberhowmany* people to defeat cho'gall, a single warlock.

gotta love warlocks
    Wasn't Cho'gall SL/SL, though?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Med'an could have been an interesting character if he became a warlock and nothing else. That way we'd finally have a major lore warlock that isn't downright evil. And with being a warlock, they could have made a lot of interesting character flaws with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Me'dan and Anduin remind me of Jason Todd.
    O-O wut? /10chars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Wasn't Cho'gall SL/SL, though?
    nah, he was full affliction. he didn't have a pet, so no soul link. he was also a hipster, using twilight spells before it was cool lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Hopefully. Boy had too much going for him. Fathered by Azeroth's most powerful mage, mothered by Azeroth's most infamous rogue, an effortlessly proficient Shamagadin and the Last Guardian of Tirisfal (an establishment that has as of yet failed to make an appearance despite Azeroth facing some of its most deadly enemies over the last half century). It's in WoW's best interest to keep that guy as far away from the spotlight as possible.
    Yes im starting to believe all of that working in secret stuff is a farce, a FARCE I SAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    O-O wut? /10chars
    As I noted earlier in the thread, comparing Med'an to Jason Todd isn't an entirely incorrect comparison, if you go off when he was Robin. His New 52 stint as Red Hood has helped him grow into his own character that doesn't rely on being propped up by Alfred, Bruce, and everyone else talking about him constantly to try shilling him to readers who wanted Dick back, but at first Jason was generally edgy and gloomy almost explicitly for the purpose of being edgy and gloomy, to get away from the Silver Age and Bronze Age antics of Dick Grayson--in short, he was just a product of the Dark Age of Antiheroes who ended up shilled so hard that Batman fans began crying for his death due to how hard he derailed several characters when the writers bent the plot around him.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 02:17 PM ----------

nah, he was full affliction. he didn't have a pet, so no soul link. he was also a hipster, using twilight spells before it was cool lol
    Fuckin' Aff locks, man. I'm tellin' ya.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Me'dan and Anduin remind me of Jason Todd.
    Except Todd becomes a murdering badass. I don't foresee that with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's not his heritage and shit that makes me dislike him... it's the that fact that he's a paladin/mage/shaman hybrid... I mean... really? How could he not be overpowered?
    He didn't have pre-nerf Avatar, improved serpent sting, and bugged stampede in his arsenal, so he just wasn't quite full OP.

cenarius is probably stronger than med'an.
    I agree with this part here, we have more powerful Demi-god's in game, plus the ancients; Let's not forget the old gods, and though not SEEN directly Night elven players are contacted by Elune during a quest in Ashenvale. So I don't see how Med'an is a "Game-breaker-demi-god" asides from the fact he can "do all the things". Even still Blizzard would no doubt ret-con some of his abilities before plopping him in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they just Retcon Med'an out and say Cho'gall actually killed him but Garona didn't find out until after we killed Cho'gall & Garona went to depression when she found out that she couldn't avenge her son herself.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Using hybrid spells is already done in game with NPC's anyway so not sure why people are worried. Quite a few bosses even have 2+ class abilities and they were not OP (Lootwhisper in Hyjal using DnD and Frost bolt for example).

Also we may need a guardian again, if the end fight is as hard as the last 2 expansions where heroes did need further help from divine powers (The light for lich king that enabled Tirion to break free or dragon aspects using the dragon soul to kill DW).

Also I think we will see Alleria and Turalyon back soon, the hint that came I think with the start of cata saying they havent been seen in a long time seems to coincidental to me for it to not be the case.

he wouldnt be a Guardian in the manner of the past. He'd be another powerful being standing along other powerful beings.

plus medivhs point of coming back wasnt to show the world didnt need the Guardians. He simply noted that they didnt need immortals and gods (aegwynn was hella old) protecting them and they could forge their own path with their own efforts. Med'an as far as we know is still mortal. Plus his real point to returning was to undo the errors and devastation he had wrought while sharing a mortal shell with sargaras.

also anduin, med'an and Wrathion should get together and have black dragon human draenai/orc babies. Wramed'iun
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-18 at 11:15 PM.

Id like to see him in game. He's always sounded like a great character to me.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Using hybrid spells is already done in game with NPC's anyway so not sure why people are worried. Quite a few bosses even have 2+ class abilities and they were not OP (Lootwhisper in Hyjal using DnD and Frost bolt for example).

Also we may need a guardian again, if the end fight is as hard as the last 2 expansions where heroes did need further help from divine powers (The light for lich king that enabled Tirion to break free or dragon aspects using the dragon soul to kill DW).

Also I think we will see Alleria and Turalyon back soon, the hint that came I think with the start of cata saying they havent been seen in a long time seems to coincidental to me for it to not be the case.
    If you consider him as a purely NPC class of his own, it makes a bit more sense. The reason Lootwhisper had Frostbolt and Death and Decay was because she was a Lich based off of the ones from Warcraft 3. They shot frostbolts as their basic attacks, had Frost Nova, Death and Decay, etc.

Also, Wramed'uin should be like a demi-god. Immortal at the very least, because of Draenei ancestry! ;D

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizz are trying to forget us all i think mate, not just you ;p
    and my name isnt dan
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!