Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    so the monitor has something to do with the fps? One of my friends normally has 60fps then he used a program.. a game booster of some sort to make it 75
    Its doesnt give you more fps, it will allow you to view more fps.

yeah, somethin like that. not really a computer savvy so forgive me for the wrong terms

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    The only games I've ever struggled with are Far Cry 3.
    We have the same situation and I rage like your avatar because of it! haha

We should probably clarify what people classify as "good" fps or "runs good".

I prefer smooth, consistent framerates with no tearing, which I why I use vsynch. To me, "good" fps is a rock solid 60 fps, even during a fight when I cast a spell, or pan the camera to show the city in the back ground as I climb a hill, or the huge boss makes his appearance, or the huge battle setpiece with many characters running around on screen at once. If it skips, stutters or hitches during these, that is not "good".

in my experience, for a game to run smoothly w/o tearing whatosever, it has to run at 40fps and above.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am gifted with the ability to play almost anything at high graphics...At the cost of having the worst internet in the Western Hemisphere. My music streaming even has to buffer...
    (Physx Engine on PS2 OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG TEARS)
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    I am gifted with the ability to play almost anything at high graphics...At the cost of having the worst internet in the Western Hemisphere. My music streaming even has to buffer...
    Mind sharing your secret?

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm i dont buy games often but since my pc aint that old i can run pretty much anything on max without any issues plus the amount of money i spent it should be so for awile

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    Mind sharing your secret?
    lower your internetspeed. and spend the money on hardware:P

Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    aw man, that sucks. well, if you tend to play single player games most of the time, then it won't be an issue.

Deleted
    My GTX680 kills all current games and still will for another year or so...