Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    "ilvl requirement for thunder king" is the name of the thread. That means what will be the tuning for the last boss only. Of course the earlier bosses will be tuned lower, but the final ones and Thunder King especially is going to easily be around 510+ expected itemlevel when you get there.
    And then you read his post which mentions "fights"

Note the plural.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    And then you read his post which mentions "fights"

Note the plural.
    Pretty sure it was all answered anyway, misleading thread either way.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I expect normal modes to be tuned toward 496-ish with some help from 502 LFR gear and 522 VP / crafts.
    Similar as non-nerfed normal DS was tuned for 378-ish Firelands normal gear. HC raiders had 391/397 and obliterated it.
    Expect it was tuned for 365 gear. (Go armory, click dragon soul, read on the right.)
    Normal tiers are not tuned around heroic gear and very rarely tuned for the exact number of last tier, usually a few ilvls below.
    Personally im guessing its gonna be ~486 ilvl

Deleted
    you're forgetting that blizzard wants to return a little bit to a BC style progression of PvE-Content, meaning they want you to more or less complete the previous content before moving to the next. There are nerfs incoming to that end. You won't need to have 16/16 HC on farm to be able to try ToT but i expect the first bosses to be tuned for a mix of 502 and 509 gear and Lei Shen in particular 510+.

I hope they tune the final encounter of the instance to require average guilds at least 510, so if you have a bunch of pieces from the other 11 bosses you had to kill, you're good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    you're forgetting that blizzard wants to return a little bit to a BC style progression of PvE-Content, meaning they want you to more or less complete the previous content before moving to the next. There are nerfs incoming to that end. You won't need to have 16/16 HC on farm to be able to try ToT but i expect the first bosses to be tuned for a mix of 502 and 509 gear and Lei Shen in particular 510+.
    I hope so...last thing I want to see is normal bosses tuned for 483-496 that a lot of guilds will just faceroll in the first week then get bored facerolling them every week afterwards (when not doing hc progression). 502 sounds about right with item upgrades, as only guilds with a fair number of hc kills will have it too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    it will probably start out with a 480 to 490ish to get in and kill the first couple of bosses and scale up the farther you go with the thunder king himself closer to 512 or 516ish

Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    The first bosses won't be tuned quite that high, I would fully expect any 16/16 normal mode guilds to pretty much be the people in mind in terms of the bare minimum to start killing bosses in ToT, it just doesn't fit their model to cut people that don't have at least a handful of heroic pieces off from doing the next tier. So say lower 490s and your gear won't be the reason you don't kill at least a few bosses in ToT. I think if you can make it to Lei Shen, you'll probably have the gear to defeat him, there will be a gear-check boss before him. PTR is really no true indicator of how which bosses will be tuned, and I've honestly seen more overtuned fights than undertuned ones and expect that to change.

Most likely tuned around 496-502 ilvl factoring in the new LFR in 5.2 and the existing valor upgrade mechanic(at least for the first few bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    These posts are pointless.

Good guilds will manage it with a low ilevel, You could throw some people in there with full 522 gear and they'd fail.
    True, but not all guilds are "good guilds" and it helps to know roughly the iLevel you should aim for to have the required stats to meet the fights requirements. I've recently gone back onto my Death Knight, and due to rotten luck I've only just hit iLevel 480, and I continue to work to ensure I get 490 minimum for the new patch to make my life, and the life of the healers much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Depends how much they nerf the first boss from PTR. we tested with 502 Ilvl and he was tuned tightly even for the 502 we had. Id think 495ish is what it will be tuned for come live. basically full normal mode HOF/TOES gear.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the ilvl that you had while testing is irrelevant -- they scaled it up or down to whatever they wanted. Of course, that could be exactly what you're referring to. If that's the case, then forget what I said :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Skilled raiders could do it in alts with roughly 485 i'd say.
    For your average player, anywhere between 496-502
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

From what I've seen the DPS checks are far too tight for even the best raiders in 485 gear. Unless they are adjusted downwards for live. The first boss in particular would be impossible as most guilds testing it failed the supposed enrage (who knows if you'll be able to pull him to the side on live if you run out of time) in 502 gear. Not scrub guilds either. Guilds splashed all across the front page of Wowprogress.

Deleted
    do u guys even read news on mmo-c front page? was already anwsered by blue, starting fights tuned for 510, last boss for something hiegher around 520. Keep in mind that tuned for means "rather easy", not "doable" nor "progresive". MV normal was tuned for 470+ and u could do that in 463 blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    From what I've seen the DPS checks are far too tight for even the best raiders in 485 gear. Unless they are adjusted downwards for live. The first boss in particular would be impossible as most guilds testing it failed the supposed enrage (who knows if you'll be able to pull him to the side on live if you run out of time) in 502 gear. Not scrub guilds either. Guilds splashed all across the front page of Wowprogress.
    The "Enrage" isn't an enrage, it's merely a 'You now have fuckall room to move'.
    We hit 11% after all 4 pools were electrified on PTR, there's still enough room to move around for another ~90 seconds and kill the boss.
    PTR/Beta bosses are generally tuned a little bit higher than live, anyway. Plus the fact that half the people testing aren't there to test enrage timers, we're there to test mechanics and strategies to deal with the mechanics. 99% of the time the health tuning of bosses on PTR aren't what they are when released on live.

You'd be surprised how close to maximum theoretical dps people can pull if they take time to research/practice enough. From what i've seen of some guildy alts with roughly 485 ilvl, they would do enough dps.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by hir0shima View Post
    do u guys even read news on mmo-c front page? was already anwsered by blue, starting fights tuned for 510, last boss for something hiegher around 520. Keep in mind that tuned for means "rather easy", not "doable" nor "progresive". MV normal was tuned for 470+ and u could do that in 463 blues.
    Can you please find this oh-so-obvious information please? Because I'm pretty sure (as in 100% sure) it doesn't exist, 510 is way too high of an ilvl, lots of 16/16H players don't even have that. And if it does, it's probably based on PTR testing which is not live, which is what people are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hir0shima View Post
    It was a joke with 463 blues, with the exception of Elegon until a proper strat was created, then it fell over swiftly.
    Felt more tuned for ~455
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    It was a joke with 463 blues, with the exception of Elegon until a proper strat was created, then it fell over swiftly.
    Felt more tuned for ~455
    Yeah, elegon was not even hard in 463 gear. People just using bad strats. Though well, we kinda cheesed the fight with symbiosis before they nerfed it. But would still have been easy.

Any serious heroic raiding guild will kill it all in the first week, there is a massive difference from entering a new raid at the start of an expansion and at the start of a patch.

When a new expansion launches, people will all be undergeared, and when the guilds first go in they won't all have the best of the best blue items.
    When a new patch launches, people will be geared or over geared for the content, meaning that it goes down rather quickly.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

almost all bosses were tested with 502ilvl, the thunderking aka Lei Shen was tested with 522

Blizzard may lower it 8 lvls below on live but you get the picture what king of gear you will have for the last bosses

but on the opposite side, Blizzard when releasing a patch live it increases the damage/healing requirements compared to PTR, so dont really know what to expect

also do you know if its possible on the first boss to kill him after the 4 pools, if he can moved to the sides?