Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What would you do with $664.3 billion?

so i was watching the men who built america......
    and i saw that rockefeller ended up with just over 1billion or $664.3 billion in todays money or something like that now my question is this what would you do with that much money? now the 664.3 billion is after taxes
    this question is more of a hypothetical question than a realistic one. i realize this wouldnt be all cash this is just a what if it was all cash question and that its more than most people could spend in one lifetime.

me personally i would do the following:
    1.)have several mansions: one would be built like a castle with battlements and a drawbridge and made to look real castle like. one would be dedicated to gaming with a top of the line computer and external hard drive with of hard drive storage for various stuff. the other would be my personal pleasure palace. all would have a jeeves type butler cause i like those kind of butlers.
    2.)i would pay richard knaak to never write another book ever.
    3.)i would buy/build a massive water park and staff it. they would be on call 24/7. obviously i would have 2 sets one for nighttime and one for daytime. not sure yet if it would indoor or outdoor yet. probably indoor.
    4.)i buy a orange clk mercedes gtr cause i like its sleek body. i would also own several porsches. all orange cause orange is an awesome color.
    5.)i would buy that gaming collection that was in a video game thread being sold on e-bay for 550 grand and have it delivered to my mansion in the states via private jet through my own private airstrip.
    6.)would buy bioware from ea and have bioware make icewind dale 3 with 3.5 edition ruleset.
    would buy rights to d&d from hasbro/wizards whoever owns it so they stop ruining d&d.
    7.)i would put 20 billion in the bank and let the interest accrue for a year. the first year the interest would be divided amongst my family in a fund for after my death. after that i would donate the interest every year to some random deserving family.
    8.)i would hire my own security force. all of them would have delta force level training.
    9.)i would have a limo designed/built to look exactly like the one from vigilante 8:second offense along with a chauffer driver. would also have a cane made up that just like lord clyde's from that same game.
    10.)would pay off my student loan and finish my degree and get my cpa.
    11.)would have my old buick my grandpa gave me get a tune up.
    12.)would donate some of that to angry video game nerd to do some more videos and some to tesnexus cause they make good mods 13.)along with some to my mod authors of choice.
    14.)would pay someone to sort out the mess that is my oblivion mod files and get them working.
    15.)would pay game guide companies to reprint the game guides for some of the older guides i never got the chance to purchase or get them off amazon.
    16.)would buy/acquire every forgotten realms book (there are a LOT of them more than 70 at last count.)
    17.)would start my own collection of every weapon known to history. this of course would be housed in my castle mansion.
    18.)would buy every old pc game i have a yearning for and the equipment to run it. (lords of the realm 2, and other games that run off old dos/win 95/98 systems.)
    19.)would change my name to bread.(whos going to stop me? money does talk and im pretty sure a judge would allow it.)
    20.) would pay ion zur to finish composing his ice temple soundtrack from icewind dale 2. (the 30 second sound byte he did sounds so good but yet completely unfinished at the same time. i love choir music like that. would post link but the person who had it up closed his youtube account long ago so its no longer available.)
    21.) buy out microsoft and get rid off the abomination that is windows 8. instead work on releasing windows 9.
    22.) buy some new clothes.(nothing fancy just more of the same of what i have now. maybe a fancy suit or two but thats it. never been a fan of fancy rich people clothes.)
    23.)a extensive home defense system including automated turrets, motion sensors,and a sort of barracks for my bodyguards.etc at each of my mansions.

sorry for the long list.(put some breaks in it to make it a bit easier on the eyes.) so what would you do with that much money?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-20 at 07:09 AM. Reason: changed title
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I would give it to NASA.

You don't get that much money while having these kind of thoughts in mind. Of course you do give yourself a "little" bit of luxury, but being not only the wealthiest man on earth, but also the the most powerful, you strive for more than a gaming mansion.

I would try to make the world a better place... how? No idea. But with 600 billion dollars I would think of something.

Deleted
    Remake SWG before they enhanced it, I would actually listen to the fans and give them what they want, we need a GOOD Star wars MMO damn it. I would also buy THQ and get them cracking on Dawn of war 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You don't get that much money while having these kind of thoughts in mind. Of course you do give yourself a "little" bit of luxury, but being not only the wealthiest man on earth, but also the the most powerful, you strive for more than a gaming mansion.

I would try to make the world a better place... how? No idea. But with 600 billion dollars I would think of something.
    i know....this is just more of a scenario type question.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    I would buy my very own palace of doom with nuclear launch sites
    Also a lava lake around it, can't have a palace of doom without a lava lake

id move to the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make a list of the ~130 countries that I have more money than. Then I'd have it engraved on a giant marble wall outside my home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I'd make a list of the ~130 countries that I have more money than. Then I'd have it engraved on a giant marble wall outside my home.
    You sure? Marble is for poor people.

Make it a platinum wall with diamond writing.

Not sure how many banks would start to give you interest on $20 billion, not a financial expert though so I may be dead wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Ivory statue of your impressive form, captain Morganing a globe upon which the countries are written.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

buy a small bungalow on the west coast with a lot of land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Ivory statue of your impressive form, captain Morganing a globe upon which the countries are written.
    Yes! That! I want THAT!

You would be in my entourage, telling me awesome things to buy.

I don;t need much.

Get a nice house in a walled neighborhood. nice pool. few staff. Maybe a car, but doubt I would ever leave the house.

so you watched the men who built america and all you got is rockefeller got rich? youth these days - clueless and helpless

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd cash it and set it on fire.

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'd cash it and set it on fire.

With an asian guy tied up on top of it?

Donate a portion to Blizzard in the hope that it acts as an incentive for them to get to know what the hell to do with Ret paladins in PvP.

The rest i'd keep for myself, my girlfriend and her child; probably living somewhere private in a blissful existence free of want.

Create something that is mine (Maybe a game Studio, seing I could hire alot of talented people with such money), or support a cause I belive inn, like space exploring or science.

Or maybe pool all that money into building better batteries if such technology even exsist/can <.< Seriously, we have mobiles that have much better thinking power than computers 30 years ago, but the battery? Hell no, it still blows compared to nearly all other technologies today.

Edit: Would use about 5 billion for myself and my nearest friends and family. 5 billion would leave these people and coming generation's inn the top 500 richest inn atleast Denmark for quit some time
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-02-17 at 06:24 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Honestly first thing i would do is give away 50% to Space Agencies and Scientific research facilities around the globe. Invest 300Billion+ in something like that? just imagine the advances that could be made