Thread: Post Your UI

Yeah, also i definitely need to to add a background to the castbar too. Do you think i should get rid of the text shadowing? (probably yes)

Other things i have in mind:
    - the "connectors" between health and power can be better, i know it for sure. Thinking of a good layout and accepting suggestions aswell.
    - tied to the above,another possibility is to make the castbar border always visible and make powerbar "mirrored" (same size, aligned to the left)
    - i was thinking about the minipanel; it's been a distinctive trait of my UI from the very beginning and just ditching it dosn't feel quite good. So i worked a little on paint on your image Ish and this is what i've come up for that.
    - probably portraits will need a separate frame now instead to be overlapped over the healthbar; i want to try non-flat textures for staturbars.

Feels "more" ColdUI Thanks as always ^^

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:54 PM ----------

found the texture!!!! /happyface

Going to try it this afternoon.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 03:04 PM ----------

The texture looks crap. Oh well, i'll stay with current media, i'm finding myself at ease and i don't want for next release to lose everything about my UI.

anyway, nearly final layout for player/target, enjoy (suggestions always welcome)

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-16 at 02:05 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    The texture will remain, i love that one (fer 34) but thanks for noticing the spacing between the weakauras and the enemy castbar text, will get right on it
    And with the background im using on my unitframes the visual representation is not a problem, here's a pic ->

<not allowed to post img links>

Thanks, should be done in 1-2 days, just raidframes and bossframes left, will post a pic when it's done.
    Im also thinking about uploading this UI on wowinterface for those who are interested.

Do you play with a screen magnifier?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I really REALLY want to redo this layout

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5...2910110118.jpg

Any suggestion to make it actually usable?? I need to find the textures/fonta again (it's and old project of mine, with an edited oUF_Caellian). Need halp in finding teh resources
    Can you upload your ui ? its very nice hehe

Quote Originally Posted by davidrm15 View Post
    Can you upload your ui ? its very nice hehe
    I would if i still had it

Anyway, after much tinkering, i think i'll stay with the classic layout. The new concept was only going in a bad way, making things more complicated (not for me to code, for the end-user) without any reason.

My current UI - It's a merged version of Mayron UI Gen 2, ElvUI, a few custom edits, and some addon changes/additions:

Normal walking around:

Most UI elements unlocked - never will all of these be shown at the same time:

In combat:
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-16 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mein UI.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Working on improving my UI; not done except for my new WeakAuras setup.

Deleted
    i'm using Altz UI with modified textures and fonts right now

http://i.imgur.com/uZd80SJ.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc990e325208; 2013-02-17 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    You come off very.. Self righteous.
    If UIs were a religion you'd be the head preacher whose opinion is always correct.
    Hilarious post. Guy asks for suggestions, Ish actually gives him suggestions with arguments design and functionality wise. If you don't want to see good advice because you THINK most of it is personal preference, then don't post in this thread really.

Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    How did you do the GCD bar?
    Right now it's a cheaty half-ass bar behind it. Just played with the opacity until it looked good.
    Working on a way to combine them into eachother though.

Deleted
    Done for now, the only thing i really don't like is the border on the bigwigs timers (pic 2), i have no clue how to make them pixel perfect with a black/grey/black border, same goes for the buffs on my target.
    There's also a small pixel error on the right side of the raid, been moving it around, resizing it and played with the spacing but i just cant get it right unless i move the whole raid to another position which i don't want to

Raid with bar 2 to the right that pops up in combat

Focus, castbars and bigwigs timers

Config mode to show the bossframes that are located under the minimap
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-17 at 06:00 PM.

@ Rusk,

Other than some font size issues and font outline inconsistencies, it looks great! A bit too monochromatic for my personal taste, but overall well done

<3
    Ish

[QUOTE=Rusk;20246313]Done for now, the only thing i really don't like is the border on the bigwigs timers (pic 2), i have no clue how to make them pixel perfect with a black/grey/black border, same goes for the buffs on my target.
    There's also a small pixel error on the right side of the raid, been moving it around, resizing it and played with the spacing but i just cant get it right unless i move the whole raid to another position which i don't want to

Raid with bar 2 to the right that pops up in combat
    <snip>

Focus, castbars and bigwigs timers
    <snip>

Config mode to show the bossframes that are located under the minimap
    <snip>

Upload please!
    What Ish said bout fonts, love it tho.
    Will this work on 1440x900?
    I dont have a supermassive monitor like you
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-17 at 06:00 PM.

TBH it's a lot i'm thinking about an "only text" UI, but actionbars are really good - immediate information with a glimpse of an eye.
    I agree.

I think you could do something like "action bars made of text". For example consider powerline (a plugin for the vim text editor). Imagine if we made a font that had icons for major spells. Maybe one "box" glyph in the background, then one "skull" glyph on top of that, and finally a small pixel-font marker in under that with a 5-7 letter "name" -- something arranged to look sort of like a period table of elements…

Someting as simple as setting foreground and background color (I realize wow doesn't do background color on text) lets you create interesting displays

With a little effort I think you could make a really light-weight UI that looked good. Then again, wow's got a really crumby text renderer so it might be hard to get enough detail out of text to make it look good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Upload please!
    What Ish said bout fonts, love it tho.
    Will this work on 1440x900?
    I dont have a supermassive monitor like you
    Afraid not, it's built for a 1920x1080 resolution=/

Afraid not, it's built for a 1920x1080 resolution=/
    Ugh, Max Reso I can get upto is 1440x900
    Don't have the disposable income to get a bigger monitor right now /sadface
    Would you mind uploading anyway, I could play around with it to see if I can make it fit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Ugh, Max Reso I can get upto is 1440x900
    Don't have the disposable income to get a bigger monitor right now /sadface
    Would you mind uploading anyway, I could play around with it to see if I can make it fit
    You would have to redo the size of every KGPanel and everything else to get it to fit and there is around 55 kgpanels hehe;p

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I agree.

I think you could do something like "action bars made of text".
    There is an oUF layout that does exaclty that tbh, i looked at it bu as far as i remeber it's made through other means than lua code, so it's something that i'm not that good. Would like to try anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:39 PM ----------

You would have to redo the size of every KGPanel and everything else to get it to fit and there is around 55 kgpanels hehe;p
    If you parent the panels to actual frames you won't need to adjust anything.

Also, a correct anchors usage makes the ui usable on nearly any resolution - the issue is mostly to make it fit to smalle screens. That's why i made my frames draggabe^^ i play on my pc at 1680x1050 but also on my laptop at 1280x800.

What do you all think? good? bad?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-17 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Beautiful Terminal theme.
    oh, honey.