15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Star Wars Boxset

I've been looking just about everywhere for the past few days for a complete Star Wars DVD Boxset but to no real avail so now I turn to the wonderful people here at MMO Champion.

Just to state for the record, I do not want the Blu-Ray boxset, so please, save all your talk about upgrading and blah, blah blah. If I wanted the Blu-Ray set, I wouldn't be here asking for help. I also do not care about extra or bonus features, or any of that stuff. I just want the movies in plain DvD format.

I also want it to be clear that while a budget isn't such a huge deal, I would prefer not to pay through the nose. I have found numerous sets, both the entire box generally ranging at over $150 and prequel and original trilogy sets both generally ranging at over $70. I have also found complete boxsets on a few different websites (links below) that are surprisingly cheap but I don't believe they're mainstream sights like Amazon or Best Buy so I have a level skepticism in regards to the product.

UDvDBoxset
    DvDSalesWorld
    AUDvDsBuy

Bottom line, I'm looking for someone to either confirm the validity of these boxsets or direct me in a direction to a reasonably priced boxset(s) so that I can re-complete my collection.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say I don't think I've ever actually seen a box sex that contains all six sold at a major retailer online or in stores. I've only seen the two trilogies.

15+ Year Old Account
    One boxset, two, I don't particularly care either way. I'm just looking to get all six films on DvD format for a reasonable price.
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I am not 100% sure, but that seems quite fishy to me. I will say the same thing as Reg. I have never seen the DVDs released as one set. (all of those sites are saying 6 DVD "seasons" huh?)

Where are you from? I know occasionally you can see the original trilogy used at some retailers... Half Price Books being one, but that might not be possible if you aren't in the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I can honestly say I don't think I've ever actually seen a box sex that contains all six sold at a major retailer online or in stores. I've only seen the two trilogies.
    That's because there has been no such release, at least in the US. See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_DVD_releases for confirmation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but that seems quite fishy to me. I will say the same thing as Reg. I have never seen the DVDs released as one set. (all of those sites are saying 6 DVD "seasons" huh?)

Where are you from? I know occasionally you can see the original trilogy used at some retailers... Half Price Books being one, but that might not be possible if you aren't in the states.
    I am from the states.

Some of the sites have ratings for the products and comments asking if it's the films or something else. People are responding that it is indeed all six films, but I still remain skeptical.

I know there's the blu-ray release boxset, but like I said, I don't want that. I wouldn't even mind buying each film individually, but any film on it's own I find are just horrendously priced.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:19 PM ----------

I did manage to find the prequel set for a reasonable price from a major retailer (ToysRUS) so now I'm just looking for the originals. The version (edited, theatrical, etc) is irrelevant as long as it's in plain DvD format. Again, I don't care if it's in a box set or not.