Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only a relatively small amount of players would be that high level. The other thing is that GGG can just make new content really hard. It is quite possible [and common] for a level 87-88 player to die in a level 77 Map, for example.

Also the game is an ARPG by design. Which is to say the "content" isn't intended for exploring. A in ARPG doesn't stand for Adventure. The "quests", super scare quotes on that, are a gameplay device to move players to the farming areas.

In short; it doesn't matter at all what level new content is added.
    It dosnt? I would assume that when they add more stuff to Act 3 you´re about lvl 36ish before going to a harder mode, which means that they will make the next zone around that lvl. What will happend if you have done Cruel and Merciless and are lvl 60-70ish and begin on the new part in Act 3? I would say that you have become way over leveled and geared that the place is way too easy for you, unless GGG makes a system that reacts to your lvl/gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    It dosnt? I would assume that when they add more stuff to Act 3 you´re about lvl 36ish before going to a harder mode, which means that they will make the next zone around that lvl. What will happend if you have done Cruel and Merciless and are lvl 60-70ish and begin on the new part in Act 3? I would say that you have become way over leveled and geared that the place is way too easy for you, unless GGG makes a system that reacts to your lvl/gear
    Well, it could be around level 36 if you go back to normal for it, higher if you go back to run it on cruel, and even higher again if you go back and do it on merciless. If you want to faceroll it you could then go back and do it on the easier difficulties, go if you want to continue with the added challenge you do it on the merciless.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My god I just was dragged into a Elemental 72 reflection map like I couldn't do a dam thing like 1 shot took 30% of my health LOL felt like a leech and alt f4'd <.<

/cries

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    My god I just was dragged into a Elemental 72 reflection map like I couldn't do a dam thing like 1 shot took 30% of my health LOL felt like a leech and alt f4'd <.<

/cries
    See, your build sucks and you need better gear. And you thought you were almost done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    See, your build sucks and you need better gear. And you thought you were almost done.
    ._______.

~Re-rolls

._______.

~Re-rolls
    I forgot LMP was green and Hanna only has red/blue sockets so it turns out I don't need your help anyway :3
    She got her cloak of flame to RBBB GB and I told her to stop at that for now, not sure if it's even remotely possible to 6 link a level 32 chest without spending 102912512875 orbs. Spell totem firestorm!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I forgot LMP was green and Hanna only has red/blue sockets so it turns out I don't need your help anyway :3
    She got her cloak of flame to RBBB GB and I told her to stop at that for now, not sure if it's even remotely possible to 6 link a level 32 chest without spending 102912512875 orbs. Spell totem firestorm!
    6L a 32 chest O_O No way I wouldn't haha you already know my results :P

6L a 32 chest O_O No way I wouldn't haha you already know my results :P
    Yeah, and I'm not very lucky either =p

Deleted
    I-NO what kind of build are you using on your ranger?
    I just found a 15% frenzy gem, and was about to make a ranger, so decided to make it frenzy based (:

Seeing your bow it seems you're going for physical damage. This means taking a lot of crit-nodes or just +phys damage ones?
    What kind of support gems do you put on frenzy?

Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I-NO what kind of build are you using on your ranger?
    I just found a 15% frenzy gem, and was about to make a ranger, so decided to make it frenzy based (:

Seeing your bow it seems you're going for physical damage. This means taking a lot of crit-nodes or just +phys damage ones?
    What kind of support gems do you put on frenzy?

Thanks a lot!
    Oh no this is a frenzy based elemental destruction build like here :P http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/67358/page/1

I modified the build a little since I got the best bow in the game which well makes me not miss thus I can take out the talent which does the same thing but it doesn't allow me to crit.

Frenzy DPS: 17992.1 - AoE Rain of Arrows: 8121.1
    Base crit - 5%
    Attacks per second Frenzy - 0.17
    Attacks per second RoA - 0.27

Like a machine gun :P

My build requires you to have a unique quiver called ''Blackgleam'' despite it isn't exactly THAT required it is highly suggested
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-18 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Hmm, how likely am I to get a 6-link from fusings? Was thinking I'd buy a bunch and see how good I can get it
    The odds are thin, watched a guy waste 318 fusings today trying to get a 6 link. Saying that though, you could get it with as few as one, in the end it comes down to how much you like to gamble.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:34 AM ----------

Time to give up making an ES based witch, the disadvantages are just to many which is to bad as it's enjoyable to play otherwise.

/off to figure out something else

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Time to give up making an ES based witch, the disadvantages are just to many which is to bad as it's enjoyable to play otherwise.
    What pitfalls are you running into? I'm looking at running this frost witch build.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    What pitfalls are you running into? I'm looking at running this frost witch build.
    The stun mechanics is based on you life, even as CI, hence you're at a disadvantage as far as mobs hitting you, mostly an issue with jumping mobs (what killed me this last time). If you go CI you have no defense against puncture nor non chaos poisons, just have to pray that your shield is high enough. If you don't go CI your life is so low that chaos damage is lethal to even look at, unless you try to stack both shield and life which begs the question, why not go life stacking in the first place?

Now on top of this your armor is non existent unless you compromise yet again and go hybrid armor pieces hence you have little to no physical resist. The only conclusion I can reach at this point is how inferior ES is compared to high armor health stacking. And I lost 6 characters trying things out, 3 over level 60 with the highest being 67.

Think I'll chill in scrubcore for a day or three while I plan my next character, might try the same style but health based instead, at a quick glance I'm forced to drop some DPS doing so though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You can not do full respecs. You'll get a few respec points from quests while leveling in each difficulty level and Orbs of Regret which are rare orb drops. You will still need to plan your build.
    Yes, well, here's to hoping they give a way to do full respecs. I personally like to try out different builds on the same class, and I'm not about to start shelling out money for more character slots + spend the time to re-level another character just to try them all out. Respec points are good for when you accidentally pick the wrong skill, or just want to change one or two around. I can understand not wanting to give us an easy way to completely respec, else the game would just become 'ok, what's the flavor of the week?' where everyone is the exact same spec as everyone else at any given time.

I like the MASSIVE skill tree, and the ability to test different builds from everyone else. I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    have they done anything about the pain in the arse non stop ninjaing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    The games replayablility lies in rerolling new characters...

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yes, well, here's to hoping they give a way to do full respecs. I personally like to try out different builds on the same class, and I'm not about to start shelling out money for more character slots + spend the time to re-level another character just to try them all out.
    Every player gets 24 character slots per account. So one can create quite a lot of builds before ever hitting the slot limit. Doesn't seem a valid concern really.

I like the MASSIVE skill tree, and the ability to test different builds from everyone else. I just hate the fact that you can't scrap a build and start over.
    1-click respec would be sorta cheating. No matter though, POE does not aim to provide a casual player experience in it's game systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    have they done anything about the pain in the arse non stop ninjaing yet?
    No.

GGG said they are "reevaluating" some of their stances on loot. Until then it stands as it ever was; GGG want looting to be shrewd and cutthroat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that GGG is looking at retooling the Duelist's skill area so it's not as bad. Any truth to that? I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I heard that GGG is looking at retooling the Duelist's skill area so it's not as bad. Any truth to that? I don't see what's wrong with it, to be honest.
    Yes, they are looking to make it stronger.

Kind of a complicated answer why it is so weak to start Duelist. Basically it costs more points for less benefit than all the other trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Anything to make my facebreaker stronger.

Wouldn't mind the respec, either. >.> Not that I really need it, though.