Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Women and Cosmetics, Why?

To me, when a women is wearing make up it means they are lying to you before they even speak.
    Eyelashes, complexion, lip color, the darkening around the eyes thing, nails, hell even heels to make you look taller or to make your butt look bigger..all fake.

People think they look good with cosmetics but they only think this because that's what society tells them is "beautiful".
    I tried researching about this, I read one article where a women went a year without make up but admits that she puts lipstick on during that year so no, she didn't really go a year without makeup.

So I present these questions, male or female can answer.

1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    Last edited by Harpocrates; 2013-02-18 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak for the ladies, but I am a man and I wear cosmetics.

My reason is that I enjoying looking good, because I feel better when I don't have visible bags under my eyes or blemishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Its a beautiful lie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Males species are visible creatures and they get turned on by the beauty of females species, their body, their face, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Males species are visible creatures and they get turned on by the beauty of females species, their body, their face, and so on.
    Males can get turned on by Females without makeup, otherwise we wouldn't even exist today. It seems women think it's cosmetics that make men like them, and they might even be right in some cases with shallow men but that doesn't prove that wearing cosmetics is the right and only way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    Males can get turned on by Females without makeup, otherwise we wouldn't even exist today. It seems women think it's cosmetics that make men like them, and they might even be right in some cases with shallow men but that doesn't prove that wearing cosmetics is the right and only way to go
    You should go read up on lipstick. It is heavily theorized to be used for a very special subconscious reason.

To make it look like something... else...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Can't speak for the ladies, but I am a man and I wear cosmetics.

My reason is that I enjoying looking good, because I feel better when I don't have visible bags under my eyes or blemishes.
    how can you even call yourself a man :P

I don't wear makeup because frankly, I never thought it actually improved my appearance. Now I'm living by the hypothesis that my skin will benefit from not having chemicals on my skin day in and day out.

Makeup reminds of me going out meeting some hot girls with friends, go back for a late party and then things get hot. She takes off her shirt and bra, then BOOM they hit the floor, false advertising, push-up bra should be outlawed, but like makeup it helps them especuially after a kid.

Is it really that outlandish to think that some women actually like the way they look with makeup, that it's not brainwashed into them by the media?

I have no issue with it at all, so long as it's not caked on in a ridiculous amount. If you like to wear a wig, stuff socks in your pants to make your junk look big, and make yourself look taller... more power to you. That's what you like to do. If you do that to impress others, you're just lying to yourself really.

Not everyone are mindless zombies guided by the media. People do still make their own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Is it really that outlandish to think that some women actually like the way they look with makeup, that it's not brainwashed into them by the media?
    Heh, my thoughts exactly. People wear clothes they like to wear. They style their hair the way they like. I'm not sure why the OP thinks cosmetics are so different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wear makeup to please men, I do it to please myself. I like how I look with a little mascara. My skin is fine, so I don't wear makeup on my skin, just lashes and eye shadow.

My boyfriend, and hell- all of my friends have seen me without makeup just as often as they've seen me with makeup. I don't feel the need to wear makeup to run to the store and get milk, for example.

Sometimes I just like using colors and changing how I look for a few hours.

EDIT: Plus the application of makeup can be fun, it's like drawing and feels artsy.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as long as they aren't wearing 5 tons of makeup (also known as French whore levels), it's more than alright to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men and women have enhanced their appearance, in one way or another, for all of recorded human history, and in all societies.

I don't know if any other primates do something to enhance their appearance, but it seems somewhat inbuilt into the human psyche - perhaps lipstick is what differentiates us from chimps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    how can you even call yourself a man :P
    The fact I'm XY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

To me makeup looks horrible and I find it very unattractive.

It's sad to see a beautiful woman plastering herself in all that crap under the impression that it makes her look "better". I can't help but be repulsed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Er.. Yes, and makeup and all that junk isn't their face or body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    To me makeup looks horrible and I find it very unattractive.

It's sad to see a beautiful woman plastering herself in all that crap under the impression that it makes her look "better". I can't help but be repulsed by it.
    Some don't need it but you really don't need it at all. Some want it to look better or they just have fun applying it as it doesn't cause boredom if that's what you enjoy. Some use it as an enhancer since it is an enhancer using the right amount (where you can't even tell) and some use it for attention. Same could be said of moisturizing and shaving. It's been around for ages and will never stop.

Should check this out (if i can post links )

http://i.imgur.com/mxQTQW5.jpg

Cosmetics are not exclusive to humans, and getting all prettied up to attract a mate has been around since the dawn of time, whether it be animals or humans. You may think there are cultures that "don't have make-up", but the fact is, the majority of cultures DO have some sort of body/facial modifications to attract mates. This is not to say that it's necessary to find a mate, but it's something that has been around and won't change, not any time soon, anyway, as long as we humans want to retain "individuality"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI