Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    Which sounds great until you are on your 4th alt and going through the questline a 4th time makes you want to stab your eyeballs with a rusty fork.
    If I'm leveling an alt, I'm more concerned with leveling as fast as possible and not seeing content... which means that I'd be questing not doing dungeons. Or am I to assume you would level an alt by doing repeated dungeons?

To some extent it would be nice, but there should be some "loner" dungeons. Maybe blizz should have a req to discover the dungeon entrance before taking LFD and give players a 50%+ justice increase and something else cool if you enter the dungeon without LFD?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    For a while now I've actually been thinking of how adding too many dungeons each exp creates much of a problem in the future. I can see that while the content is within the current level cap of each exp it feels kinda the more the merrier, but what about when the next expansion goes live? Take TBC for example, when leveling alts there now I rarely get a chance to go to every dungeon because there are to many. By the time I see half of them, boom I'm 68 and of the northrend I go! Question for you all, of the alts you've leveled since cata, how many did you take to the Halls of Reflection?

In vanilla, places like the blackrock mountains or the scarlett monastery where amazing! But from TBC onwards, things like 4-instanced-auchindoun have always seemed excessive to me.

For content showing up on future patches I rather see more of 5.1. and less of 4.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baunilha View Post
    For a while now I've actually been thinking of how adding too many dungeons each exp creates much of a problem in the future. I can see that while the content is within the current level cap of each exp it feels kinda the more the merrier, but what about when the next expansion goes live? Take TBC for example, when leveling alts there now I rarely get a chance to go to every dungeon because there are to many. By the time I see half of them, boom I'm 68 and of the northrend I go! Question for you all, of the alts you've leveled since cata, how many did you take to the Halls of Reflection?

In vanilla, places like the blackrock mountains or the scarlett monastery where amazing! But from TBC onwards, things like 4-instanced-auchindoun have always seemed excessive to me.

For content showing up on future patches I rather see more of 5.1. and less of 4.1.
    Having variety is always a good thing while leveling. If you're intent on seeing all the dungeons, nothing is stopping you from doing so, even if you outlevel or outgear it.

And as for 5.1 as opposed to 4.1... if you're speaking about future content, that's a bit of a toss up... The 5.1 rep grind will become like any other old rep grind in the game (but with a stronger narrative) when MoP is done and we move on to the next expansion. It doesn't really add any more actual leveling content.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Baunilha View Post

They could just as easily just reduce xp gained for the BC section. You can just specific queue to do dungeon quests, and like you said, sail through it and never seen half the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    lol, people hated that in TBC, and now suddenly it cause some nostalgia,
    This, it was convenient and cheap design.

I much prefer dungeons actually have their own space now. TBC was honestly horrible in this regard.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If I'm leveling an alt, I'm more concerned with leveling as fast as possible and not seeing content... which means that I'd be questing not doing dungeons. Or am I to assume you would level an alt by doing repeated dungeons?
    Questing with a constantly active dungeon queue is really the fastest way. At least once through for the dungeon completion quest xp. Pure questing is much slower.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2013-02-18 at 02:25 AM.

They may look as feature of lost significance with LFG, but think in the future. Making a Heroic Icecrown dungeon run to create the transmog for my Paladin was awesome. I mean my overgeared, level 90 Paladin, soloing that for no rolls with the drops.

I believe the debate between "hubs of themed dungeon" against "dungeons that actually exist in the world" is a valid one, and should be deepened.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I want hellfire/auchindaun style dungeons where you get extra tokens if you take buildings x,y,z,..

but those who don't like pvp are in their way, sadly.

Was that seriously ever a popular concept? I'm not so sure because my realm was declining in population during TBC, with horde outnumbering us, so this may have been different from other realms. Those points, you either had them or you didn't and nobody really cared a lot, from what I remember. There was one or two points that you could count on finding someone of the opposite faction, but it was more of a world pvp meeting point than anything else.

Or possibly it was because the horde mostly had them and alliance couldn't care to get in there and likely find their asses farmed. I don't know. It's rather hazy, it's been so long.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 03:33 AM ----------

Questing with a constantly active dungeon queue is really the fastest way. At least once through for the dungeon completion quest xp. Pure questing is much slower.
    You're lucky to get even 5% exp on subsequent dungeon runs. I agree the first run is totally worth it, but after that I've found it an utter waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Was that seriously ever a popular concept? I'm not so sure because my realm was declining in population during TBC, with horde outnumbering us, so this may have been different from other realms. Those points, you either had them or you didn't and nobody really cared a lot, from what I remember. There was one or two points that you could count on finding someone of the opposite faction, but it was more of a world pvp meeting point than anything else.

Or possibly it was because the horde mostly had them and alliance couldn't care to get in there and likely find their asses farmed. I don't know. It's rather hazy, it's been so long.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 03:33 AM ----------

You're lucky to get even 5% exp on subsequent dungeon runs. I agree the first run is totally worth it, but after that I've found it an utter waste of time.
    I don't level without rested so I can't necessarily disagree with you. I know with rested and full heirlooms I get quite a bit more than 5% past the quest run. The frequent blue upgrades definitely don't hurt either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post

I know my server, you would take the HFP locations before doing Mag. but that was it
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.