Scheduled 12 Hour Realm Maintenance - 2/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Laetzin
    We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, February 19th. Maintenance will begin at 1:00 AM PST and is expected to last for 12 hours. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.
    Source: Official Forums

Why 12 and not the normal 8!?

Speculation? Patch prep?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what are we ever going to do my world is coming to an end for 12 hours.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, rather than just ruining my late night gaming (Australian time zone) they are now ruining my evening gaming too? God I wish there were Australian servers.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    So basically, rather than just ruining my late night gaming (Australian time zone) they are now ruining my evening gaming too? God I wish there were Australian servers.....
    HA you can blame telstra for that. They wanted to charge to much for them so blizz left them over in the US.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    HA you can blame telstra for that. They wanted to charge to much for them so blizz left them over in the US.
    I have heard that excuse used many a time, the fact is, the network structure in Australia has changed a lot since ~2005 when Blizzard approached Telstra about it. I remember at one point the CEO of Internode approached Blizzard about hosting servers within their network, and were turned down. Blizzard like to use the Telstra excuse to shift blame, the fact is they can't anymore when there are other large ISP's in Australia with the infrastructure to support B.Net servers. Hell, they have SC2 servers in Singapore, WoW servers based in Singapore would be a step up for Australians when compared to LA.

This blows.. I wish they would get off their ass and put servers down here, or at least in the oceanic area.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno