Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Because, no oil. I mean it's the perfect example since US with the help of S Korea could have overtake the regime there easy and actually start a democracy. But why would they? They won't get anything money related back, it will cost them, no resources to take, nothing of value. So they just leave them there, while they "try to introduce democracy" to Irak and just fail at it.

Only viable option where US could intervine is to sabotage their nuclear program to somehow engineer a failed nuke accident to wipe them out. Then problem, solved, most cost effective option ever.
    Yup. Because America is entirely driven by the prospects of Oil! Heck, didn't you hear?! The Falkland Islands have an estimated trillion dollars worth of Oil under it, I guess America is going to wage war on the U.K. to get it then, right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    china and russia are their allies and while as of late n.korea has been angering china i think it would inevitably cause ww3.

Wonderful, another opportune thread for Europeans and Americans to spout off hilarious rhetoric about how one is more brainwashed than the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yup. Because America is entirely driven by the prospects of Oil! Heck, didn't you hear?! The Falkland Islands have an estimated trillion dollars worth of Oil under it, I guess America is going to wage war on the U.K. to get it then, right?
    US will never go into war in this day and age just because "moral" reasons. They don't care shit, U.K. is their ally so they will cut deals and allow US companies to operate there. Not everything need to be achieved via war.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Wonderful, another opportune thread for Europeans and Americans to spout off hilarious rhetoric about how one is more brainwashed than the other.
    The important thing is that you found a way to try to belittle them both.

Don't worry though, because XKCD is always related

Deleted
    US will never go into war in this day and age just because "moral" reasons. They don't care shit, U.K. is their ally so they will cut deals and allow US companies to operate there. Not everything need to be achieved via war.
    And if a conflict between the UK and Argentina sparks up again? I wonder what the level of US intervention will be then.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The important thing is that you found a way to try to belittle them both.
    I ask for no reward, except for maybe more web comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    Like what? You really think the most war hardened army in the world wouldn't take out North Korea quickly? That China would really risk it's stability on a small nation? They currently move further and further away from a Communist state into a "republic". Have you ever been to South Korea and have talked to them about the subject? I want to hear your "reasons"....
    I've personally never been to South Korea, no, but I know a few people who have, but I fail to see the relevance there, so you're free to ask questions and I'll answer them to my best ability.

The important thing to note is that your "most war hardened army" is part of a nation that has for years been highly involved with the international community, and an attack on North Korea would completely undermine America on the international stage. China, who have been fighting for years to see the US out of the Pacific would not allow the Americans to bombard or attack a country so close to them, and nor would Japan!

The fallout & devastation would damage South Korea, China, Japan and maybe a little bit of Russia both physically, and put them on edge about the true capability of the US.

The fact (whether you wish to accept it or not, is up to you) is that the U.S. can not compete with China in the same way it did before. Many years ago China wouldn't have even considered speaking up about it, but now China is putting their foot down. They're not a force to be reckoned with anymore, and killing their allies, on their doorstep is not going to go down well.

China would have a lot to gain from attacking / retaliating with the U.S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    And if a conflict between the UK and Argentina sparks up again? I wonder what the level of US intervention will be then.
    Towards UK. If UK has to reach out to them, then US will get an even better deal at future exploitation there. It's all money driven, step by step.

No, America is entirely driven by it's global political stance. It won't go over well with the rest of the world if we decide to make the "mistake" of calling WMD's and taking over another nation. You have a very narrow minded view on global politics. If the U.S. only went after Oil in Iraq how come gas prices are ~$4 a gallon now but before the war they were barely above a dollar? Wouldn't all that "oil" lower the cost? Also, the reason the U.S. stayed was to stabilize Iraq and prevent another dictatorship.

Deleted
    What a stupid topic. Nobody has any idea what they're talking about. 'Why not just bomb a place?'. Yep that's definitely the best way to resolve something...

I'd hope they'd never go to war purely on Morals, because who the hell decided on what is Morally wrong / right?

The fact is though, the reason the US hasn't dealt with North Korea before isn't because there is no oil there. It is because of the countries close to it, and in order to get a force large enough to attack North Korea, those countries would need to let them past, and that certainly wouldn't happen.

International politics is a difficult game, but I really do doubt the lack of motivation from the US is purely down to a lack of Oil in North Korea. Their Uranium (I believe, maybe something else) reserves and natural resources there are some of the highest in the world. The US would love to get their hands on that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Just hurry up and destroy, and conquer North Korea before they inevitably destroy others when they believe they have enough power.
    I hope that someone will destroy people believing they have the right to decide if some country can be destroyed.

Just think that those "terrorists", who explode buildings and kill innocent people want to destroy some country as well. You are no better than they are when you want those things.

North Koreans are not devils. They have different opinion from yours, but it doesn't mean that you have to destroy them. Why don't negotiate things with them? Cancel trade blocking, for example.

No, America is entirely driven by it's global political stance. It won't go over well with the rest of the world if we decide to make the "mistake" of calling WMD's and taking over another nation. You have a very narrow minded view on global politics. If the U.S. only went after Oil in Iraq how come gas prices are ~$4 a gallon now but before the war they were barely above a dollar? Wouldn't all that "oil" lower the cost? Also, the reason the U.S. stayed was to stabilize Iraq and prevent another dictatorship.
    I think you mistook my sarcastic statement for a legitimate stance I have...

Deleted
    If the U.S. only went after Oil in Iraq how come gas prices are ~$4 a gallon now but before the war they were barely above a dollar? Wouldn't all that "oil" lower the cost? Also, the reason the U.S. stayed was to stabilize Iraq and prevent another dictatorship.
    Why would it go down, since eventually it will run out. Also once you raise the price, who in their normal mind will want to lower it when they can stay at that level or up it even more. Since the consumer is used to it. Also the oil price is dictated by committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys View Post
    The U.K. would crush Argentina, no doubt about that at all. We'd need no aid from the US except maybe on the international stage in the UN and other meetings of nations, to calm the reactions. Though, that is a different subject all together.

Because your BROKE?

Deleted
    I'd hope they'd never go to war purely on Morals, because who the hell decided on what is Morally wrong / right?

The fact is though, the reason the US hasn't dealt with North Korea before isn't because there is no oil there. It is because of the countries close to it, and in order to get a force large enough to attack North Korea, those countries would need to let them past, and that certainly wouldn't happen.

International politics is a difficult game, but I really do doubt the lack of motivation from the US is purely down to a lack of Oil in North Korea. Their Uranium (I believe, maybe something else) reserves and natural resources there are some of the highest in the world. The US would love to get their hands on that!
    But it's still double play when you invate a country, to "introduce democracy" and to "search for WMD" and fail to do both, but gain to export and use it' resources. Makes you want to question on how "shallow" their coverup is. Even more funny to see people fall for that and even support it.

While N. Korea could have been a better place to start if you want to play the "world police" role and adocate for democracy for everyone. Yet they don't do it and blame it on "international politics", politics that's 100% driven by economy and money anyhow.

I mean even Angela Merkel had to do "the aaron boy" job recent when she went to China to set a deal up for about 100 mil worth of cars/planes made in EU to be sold there on a better price. Only very stupid people fall for the "omfg they are communist, we can't talk to them".
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-02-18 at 10:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty useless to bomb them, they are kinda powerless and haven't even come close to doing any harm to us in a decade. Pakistan however would be my first target to bomb.

Geez. That wasn't a threat? What is with some people on these forums!?
    They are valued and responsible US citizens.