Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Are you out of your fucking mind? Bombing a nation and killing millions of people just because you're too stupid to read? Killing others just so you can die early from obesity?

You're the stupidest piece of shit to ever walk the face of this earth and I'd like to offer you a 10000€ McDonalds voucher.

Deleted
    Why not bomb North Korea? For the same reason we don't bomb... Norway. Because even though there's criminals in there (not in power though), they're liks what, 1/1000? The same issue is with North Korea, there's madmen and criminals, but they're not the majority of the population. The problem is that they're in charge (unlike in Norway).

So, is it worth to kill millions (since you said bomb) to get those few thousand criminals? No.

Now the question is, why not invade North Korea and impose democracy or something, in the end here it could work since the South Korea would help since it's in their interest to look good (unlike Irak or Afghanistan where nobody else cared much). And the response here is simple, we didn't invade North Korea yet because China said no to an intervention, we won't invade North Korea now because even though China seems to come closer to our side, they now have a nuke. International relations are complicated, aren't they?

The issue is that you'd first need to fully get China to support an invasion and you'd need covert operations to destroy North Korea's nukes. Then we can invade them and help them bring democracy and push South Korea, Japan and China to work together to make the area a safer place since it's in all their interests. But you need first to make them see that.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-02-18 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    omg dude! dat's a smart idea! you so clever!

Deleted
    Luckily no one here is allowed to make decisions and hopefully never will be in charge to do so, if that happens our world is doomed. So many fucked up mindesets.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Just hurry up and destroy, and conquer North Korea before they inevitably destroy others when they believe they have enough power.
    I wonder if USA was driven by the same "simple" logic about Iraq too, haha. You're probably trying to troll, but I'm still glad you're not there to make the call. Although I believe there are people there who think just like that, looking at Iraq and Libya.

Why is everyone so scared of North Korea? The North Koreans are not stupid. They know full well that if they launched an unprovoked attack against anyone, the entire UN, in an unprecedented level of international cooperation, would come crashing down on them. And the only reason they are hard at work building a nuclear missile is because they are just as scared of the west as you are of them.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    But it's still double play when you invate a country, to "introduce democracy" and to "search for WMD" and fail to do both, but gain to export and use it' resources. Makes you want to question on how "shallow" their coverup is.
    I've never doubted that there were selfish motives for the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. All evidence proves that there were indeed Oil intentions, as the entire Bush Family bought up large amounts of stock in Oil, that still today are giving them a nice return.

The fact is though, that North Korea may not have Oil, but they have other resources that potentially could be more valuable, such as Uranium & Plutonium. I was reading an article, and I hope I can find it again, that stated that North Korea has large amounts of Uranium (I believe it was Uranium) and some of the largest occurring "deposits" of it in the world.

The US could really do with those resources, and getting it now is going to be a lot easier then in several years when North Korea is armed up to the teeth!

Hey guys, let's start a war with a country that has nukes, that is so damn sma.. ow wait >_>

seriously OP, did you even think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I've personally never been to South Korea, no, but I know a few people who have, but I fail to see the relevance there, so you're free to ask questions and I'll answer them to my best ability.

The important thing to note is that your "most war hardened army" is part of a nation that has for years been highly involved with the international community, and an attack on North Korea would completely undermine America on the international stage. China, who have been fighting for years to see the US out of the Pacific would not allow the Americans to bombard or attack a country so close to them, and nor would Japan!

The fallout & devastation would damage South Korea, China, Japan and maybe a little bit of Russia both physically, and put them on edge about the true capability of the US.

The fact (whether you wish to accept it or not, is up to you) is that the U.S. can not compete with China in the same way it did before. Many years ago China wouldn't have even considered speaking up about it, but now China is putting their foot down. They're not a force to be reckoned with anymore, and killing their allies, on their doorstep is not going to go down well.

China would have a lot to gain from attacking / retaliating with the U.S.
    I've been to South Korea, I've talked to the people. You don't think their political views matter in this conversation? They don't want to mass bomb North Korea.

The U.S. has no intentions of initiating another war. China hasn't been fighting for years to see the U.S. out of the Pacific. 10 years ago if China wanted the U.S. out they would have cut off trade. China and the U.S. are locked in a economic rut that requires them to work together to keep the peace. Japan doesn't like North Korea, Russia just wants to sell them oil and guns. China is the only "true" supporter. If the U.N. and the U.S. back out of international trading with China it would cripple them. Backing North Korea in a war wouldn't happen. China's nationalism is up there, the people of China rather stay alive and thrive in China then go to war for North Korea. Much like the folks in the U.K. not many wanted to go to Iraq and help out there, y'all were quite happy staying at home.

U.S. wouldn't "nuke" North Korea, to much collateral damage. That's not an option on the table.

China would be facing the U.S AND the U.N's other Countries (that includes the Brits and the Russians), China can not fight the world. Unless the U.N. breaks up. As I stated before, China has NOTHING to gain by directly backing North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    They are valued and responsible US citizens.
    So you're saying the responsible thing for any US Citizen to do is to get aggressive when someone makes a remark about the US they find unsuitable, but it is perfectly okay for a US Citizen to demand the bombing of innocent people?

Deleted
    The US could really do with those resources, and getting it now is going to be a lot easier then in several years when North Korea is armed up to the teeth!
    Except they won't do it, since they can't be asked. The only viable option I could see is like I said before: sabotage their nuclear program, make so they wipe themself up and then point at it and try to prove a point. Pakistan would take lessons from it and will back up the nuclear race, but then again they have been doing it a bit, since they want to use it more for powerplants and energy then for nukes.

So there is no need to bomb or invade when you have another option. Still I guess S. Korea won't like it, but I suspect they won't even get told about it anyhow.

Deleted
    Because it would hurt their feelings.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone on these forums seems to be an expert in all fields. Great source of knowledge.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just hurry up and destroy, and conquer North Korea before they inevitably destroy others when they believe they have enough power.
    allright captain. we were just waiting for your command.

I've never doubted that there were selfish motives for the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan. All evidence proves that there were indeed Oil intentions, as the entire Bush Family bought up large amounts of stock in Oil, that still today are giving them a nice return.

The fact is though, that North Korea may not have Oil, but they have other resources that potentially could be more valuable, such as Uranium & Plutonium. I was reading an article, and I hope I can find it again, that stated that North Korea has large amounts of Uranium (I believe it was Uranium) and some of the largest occurring "deposits" of it in the world.

That's why the U.S. and Russia are lowering their nuclear stockpiles? Once again, you're on a hypothetical boundaries that these will be needed in the future as resources. China will also need these "resources". It would be easier for them to side with America in a war and claim plots for themselves if this is the case. Eliminate the middle man.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Everyone on these forums seems to be an expert in all fields. Great source of knowledge.
    Exactly! Jeez. These guys are profesionals in everything..

You seem to forget that they already did.
    You also seem to forget that since 2001 the US still hasn't defeated those responsible.
    Billions upon billions of US dollars spent, thousands dead or wounded yet the enemy is still at large and waiting to strike again and believe me they will try.

Read the following article and then look at yourself, your country can you see you or it reacting the way mentioned in it, then think what would happen if you faced those people, that nation on the battlefield, I can tell you that can't see myself nor my country react like that for anyone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16243995

What I do find is that people in Europe and in the US expect other nations to react the same way they would, thing is they don't.
    Loss of face for instance in most Asian countries is almost the ultimate insult so backing down is not an option, this will result in actions that to the western mentality is to alien to comprehend, kamikaze pilots of WW2 are an example of this.
    I bring this up because I think it would be unwise for any of us to say if China would or wouldn't back N.Korea the mentality and culture is totally different to that of the western world for any other then an expert to make a solid guess at.
    Should China choose to back N.Korea then the situation would escalate exponentially this due to the fact that China has the largest army on earth and its tech is close or in some cases on par with that of the US so a strict tactical war would not be favorable and possibly not winnable without either suffering catastrophic losses or going for the nuclear option and well then we are all fucked.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    You're from the states right? Then guess what? So are you. And believe me, your country has killed far more people than North Korea. By your logic, your country is the greatest threat and we should eliminate you.
    Oooh, Frank! nice profile picture.

What on earth gives you that right?

'murrica?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

This is simply one more of Salandrins flamebait threads and I dont understand why mods arent doing anything about it.