Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Did you read before you typed?

Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project. However, briefly, we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.

If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny, I'm sorry.
    actually its confirmed by a blue post long time ago that it will bring a new franchise which combine the rpg and fps elements, i can't link any source cus this was years ago.

edit: i'm calling it now, titan will be "starcraft: ghost" which they scrapped years ago,( it was supposed to be a fps game) just that instead they will bring something other then starcraft, starting a whole new franchise.
    Last edited by mmoc76b90fa955; 2013-02-18 at 06:14 PM.

Watch, it is a blizzard bungie product and bungie is handling maintaining and patching the console side while blizzard is handling the PC side.

Keep in mind that there was a Halo project called Titan in like 2007 that was canned. And bungie and blizzard have been having meetings a few times a year for the past couple of years or something like that.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything people claim to know about Titan is pure speculation. For all we know it could be a MMO based in the Neolithic era. Until something comes from Blizzard itself, nothing can be taken as fact, and even then Blizzard statements need to be taken with a grain of salt. The closest to confirmed info that has come out about Titan is it will have social networking integration, and that is just gained from looking at old job posts. People just assumed that would be with titan. Blizzard has been known to throw red herrings before and they very well could do it again. We might gain a bit of info at Blizzcon, but it is very unlikely we will see much more then proof of concept info.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Merged threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    actually its confirmed by a blue post long time ago that it will bring a new franchise which combine the rpg and fps elements, i can't link any source cus this was years ago.
    Because there never was blue post stating anything about FPS.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Spinoff on a project that didn't go well? Makes sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Because there never was blue post stating anything about FPS.

prove it or it did happen

edit: also they most likely removed it

Deleted
    I love the traditional fantasy genre of castles, knights and dragons, so I'd prefer a Diablo MMO - it has a lot of potential!

Either way, be it a starcraft, diablo, or entirely new story-based MMO, I'll keep playing WoW! :P

Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    prove it or it did happen

edit: also they most likely removed it
    Sorry, you made the claim. The burden of proof is on your shoulders.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Would be neat if it was based off WoWs Vanir/Titan lore. Jus'sayin.

I'm hoping for World of Diablo. While D3 may suck, I'm still fascinated by its gritty dark style and lore. Also, the classes they could come up with for a Diablo MMO would be so badass.

it would be interesting to see a true diablo mmo but if it was anything like d3 pretty sure it would be F2P within the first year of launch
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

It's world of starcraft, they said it's a new IP but there's no chance they're going to juggle 4 universes and they lied about D3 before it was announced at blizzcon. Lots of people enjoy watching starcraft but not playing it so they can bridge their audiences and the games with an MMO. It would allow them to play around in a new setting(futuristic/sci-fi). It would allow them to market the game as having 3 factions and they could somehow implement a universe with many planets to explore.

I could be entirely off point, but that's what makes the most sense to me.

Starcraft as an MMO would get me hooked. They have the backstory, They have the factions, and there is enough diversity among protoss and humans to give a decent system with 6/8 class archtypes.

Diablo would be far too close to warcraft VS burning legion. Starcraft could become something unto itself entirely for 2 very different audiences. And in general I think Diablo is the weaker franchise compared to Starcraft.

Aside from this if they do manage to create fullly a 4th franchise that is fully standalone that can contend with the longstanding big 3. This will be amazing.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-18 at 10:13 PM.

Is Destiny Titan????

Just saying. It's an Activision product, designed to last 10 years and one of the classes is TITAN!!!

Others include Warlock and Hunter

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/02/bungie-destiny/

Quote Originally Posted by Rah55 View Post
    Is Destiny Titan????

Just saying. It's an Activision product, designed to last 10 years and one of the classes is TITAN!!!

Others include Warlock and Hunter

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/02/bungie-destiny/
    Bungie != Blizzard.

Every time someone suggests that Destiny and Titan are the same game, a kitten is brutally murdered.

Please, think of the kittens.

Destiny looks so half baked. Why can't they even show you the mmo components. Oh nvm Console game should explain that. It will be as good a fps mmo as Halo wars was a RTS game.

Guy is making MMO and asks how can any other game be bigger then Halo in the Destiny vid. I loled.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Destiny looks so half baked. Why can't they even show you the mmo components. Oh nvm Console game should explain that. It will be as good a fps mmo as Halo wars was a RTS game.

Guy is making MMO and asks how can any other game be bigger then Halo in the Destiny vid. I loled.
    Yeah well take a look at the video in that link. It did something no promotion of D3, SWTOR, Rift, EVE or any of the others did for me. It made me want to play

BTW- I hate kittens

Quote Originally Posted by Rah55 View Post
    Yeah well take a look at the video in that link. It did something no promotion of D3, SWTOR, Rift, EVE or any of the others did for me. It made me want to play

BTW- I hate kittens
    Console game that looks like a Generic Halo game. MMO failure incoming.