That's dumb. What's the point of watercooling the CPUs but not the GPUs? Especially with non-overclockable CPUs and so tightly stacked GPUs?

Deleted
    I have to agree with Tetris. And 2400W? For what?

Also, all that empty space looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Im 1000% sure my 300$ cpu would kick that 7K rig easily out in wow.. :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I have to agree with Tetris. And 2400W? For what?

Also, all that empty space looks stupid.
    Possibly for looks or just to have that hybrid fan function.

The length of the PCI-E cables made it look silly.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like the white theme hes got going on.

And what is he doing with that thing anyway, nasa computer simulations?

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I don't really like the white theme hes got going on.

And what is he doing with that thing anyway, nasa computer simulations?
    Hoping more apps would support 32 threads.

That was... a horribly boring build, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the motherboard, but not the card choice, thats clearly for benchmark scoring as quadfire is complete crap for anything else, quad 680s would have been better

as for the two AX1200s, a single AX1200 does not have enough connectors to power 4 cards and 2 CPUs, it has the power, just not the ability

the build is alright, but i really don't like the idea of a giant case, after the cosmos2 came out, i think we got too big, time to go back, too big and all you have is a large metal box with a computer inside of it

out of all the super high end enthusiast builds, i have yet to see one that is truly impressive, at some point i hope someone builds an SR-X with a Quadro and 3 Teslas in SLI, or a multi tower Firepro configuration, but those may just be outside the realm of any enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=gJx-C0-uL8c

Will you last longer than I did?
    *shudder* I saw the mobo/cpu and instantly thought "fuck this, I'm out".
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, my comment on that video got upvoted to the top pretty damn quickly :O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    ToastyCornFlakes 2 hours ago
    "Worst case I'm an idiot"
    No that's the current case.

This is the smartest thing for that entire video page.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In response to at05gt and Marest in the Post Your Gaming Setup! megathread...

Marest alludes to the cooler being good, but not being totally sure. If it means anything to you guys, the i5-2500K maxes at around 75~ +/- Celsius at full 100% Prime95/Folding@Home load at 4.6GHz, BIOS set to 1.42v, springing up to even 1.44v in live scenarios.

There's a heck of a lot of coolers that would outright fail this.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Figure I'd just ask in this thread:

Anyone familiar with installing Ubuntu (12.10)? I'm on a Win 7 machine, and I get to the partition stage, and I'm confused. I get here (image), and I don't want to mess this up. Please walk me through this as I have the dumb. (I have a 60-ish gig SSD, and a 1TB external. I want it on the SSD; I want to be able to choose to boot Win or Ubuntu on every boot.) Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Figure I'd just ask in this thread:

Anyone familiar with installing Ubuntu (12.10)? I'm on a Win 7 machine, and I get to the partition stage, and I'm confused. I get here (image), and I don't want to mess this up. Please walk me through this as I have the dumb. (I have a 60-ish gig SSD, and a 1TB external. I want it on the SSD; I want to be able to choose to boot Win or Ubuntu on every boot.) Thanks in advance!
    Your best option would be to shrink the current NTFS partition you got for Windows and make a new partition for the Linus installation.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Your best option would be to shrink the current NTFS partition you got for Windows and make a new partition for the Linus installation.
    Hate to be "that guy", but...how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Hate to be "that guy", but...how do I do that?
    Here is a guide on how to do it with Windows 7. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...me-shrink.html
    I'm not sure if you can do this with a system partition though but you will have to try, otherwise there are programs like Partition Magic that can handle it.

It looks like you can make a bootable device from this to use as well. http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-19 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    I would not fiddle with partitions within Windows. It isn't as rock solid as Linux and you certainly don't want a partitioning process to go wrong. Use a live CD of Ubuntu instead, which is what you're doing.

When you decrease the size of your Windows partition, you get free space, which you can use for installation.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post

Linus:

Does not equal...

Linus:

Does not equal...

Linux:

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    You forgot the most relevant Linus. :P