Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Paladin] Holy T15 Best In Slot List

Hello, Holy Bro(ly)s and Sisters!

Long time lurker, occasional poster. I thought I would start a Holy BIS list for those who have yet to see the gear coming in 5.2! This is will be updated as soon as anything changes or better math comes along!

Here is what I have so far:

Head:
    Lightning Emperor's Headguard
    Neck:
    Horridon's Tusk Fragment
    Shoulders:
    Lightning Emperor's Mantle
    Cloak:
    Cranewing Cloak
    Chest:
    Lei-Shen's Grounded Carapace
    Wrist:
    Bonemender Bracers
    Hands:
    Lightning Emperor's Gloves
    Waist:
    Bubbling Anima Belt
    Legs:
    Lightning Emperor's Greaves
    Feet:
    Hypersensitive Sollerets
    Ring1:
    Ra-den's Evolving Signet
    Ring2:
    Petrified Eye of the Basilisk
    Trinket1:
    Horridon's Last Gasp
    Trinket2:
    Lightning-Imbued Chalice
    Main Hand:
    Jerthud, Graceful Hand of the Savior
    Shield:
    Shield of Twinned Despair

Feel free to let me know if something needs changing!

Update: 01/04/2013
    I've gotten a lot of feedback about certain items so I changed a few bis items.
    Item changes:
    Soul Prism of Lei-Shen > Horridon's Tusk Fragment
    Black Night Thundercloak > Cranewing Cloak
    Armplates of the Vanquished Abomination > Bonemender Bracers
    Stolen Relic of Zuldazar > Lightning-Imbued Chalice
    Durumu's Captive Eyeball > Petrified Eye of the Basilisk
    Last edited by mmoc96113274a1; 2013-04-01 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Update

I am not sure what to say about the list, this looks like the complete reverse of what the previous tier was about. How do you feel about it?

Deleted
    It seems like we won't be having mana problems. I don't see what you mean about being the complete reverse? Spirit > Mastery and then haste/crit crit/haste depending on how you heal. With that gear, it's like 30k spell power, 20k spirit, 34% mastery, 14% haste and 14% crit (unbuffed) if my numbers are correct :S

Just from numbers it seems Bonemender Bracers is better than the one with the random enchantment, assuming the random enchantment amount is also 663. The healing trinkets will probably require some theory crafting to determine the best.

Lightning-Imbued Chalice – 3.00 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. No ICD.
    Stolen Relic of Zuldazar – 3.00 RealPPM on attempting helpful spell while in combat. No ICD. Use effect has a 20sec CD
    Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn – 1.13 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. 17 sec ICD.
    Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – On Use, 180sec CD.
    Horridon's Last Gasp – 1.00 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. No ICD.
    (Source)

Discussion: http://shamannebula.wordpress.com/20...et-compendium/

Inscribed Hydra-Spawn? Looks to be one of the better ones

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I would use Durumu's Captive Eyeball over Petrified Eye of the Basilisk. The socket is nice but giving up the mastery for crit doesn't seem worth it.

Soul Prism of Lei-Shen is going to be tricky. The 2 blue sockets and bonus is a dream in terms of spirit. But, you also agree that there probably won't be much issues with mana. That being said, Horridon's Tusk Fragment or Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Mender might be of more value considering the mastery. Although, I will probably still use Soul Prism of Lei-Shen.

I will also likely be using Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn over Horridon's Last Gasp. The static spirit and absorb with a 17s ICD and a higher RealPPM compared to Horridon's may be too good to pass up.

Do we know for certain that Ra-Den only drops Heroic Thunderforge?
    Last edited by Yzyz; 2013-02-15 at 06:37 PM.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Just from numbers it seems Bonemender Bracers is better than the one with the random enchantment, assuming the random enchantment amount is also 663.
    That would be the case if you only got 1 random stat enchantment. But you get 2 as far as I know, which would be 637 spirit and 663 mastery. Plus the socket, that puts the Armplates of the Vanquished over the Bonemender.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    I will also likely be using Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn over Horridon's Last Gasp. The static spirit and absorb with a 17s ICD and a higher RealPPM compared to Horridon's may be too good to pass up.
    I'm thinking the static spirit won't be needed that much. I'd rather have stronger heals than be able to spam heals without going oom.
    They all look nice and I'll personally be swapping trinkets depending on the encounter, for the best optimal healing.

Do we know for certain that Ra-Den only drops Heroic Thunderforge?
    I was actually trying to find that out. No luck as of yet.
    Last edited by mmoc96113274a1; 2013-02-16 at 06:27 AM.

As far as trinkets go, I'd probably still take mana trinkets, you can always swap gems but I don't see all these absorb trinkets working out all that great, depends how long the buff lasts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sononeknows View Post
    I'm thinking the static spirit won't be needed that much. I'd rather have stronger heals than be able to spam heals without going oom.
    They all look nice and I'll personally be swapping trinkets depending on the encounter, for the best optimal healing.
    I'm kind of off and on about it. We will have a ton of spirit but 90% of the encounters seem long with a lot of AOE damage. We won't know for certain till it rolls live but if we are decent on mana and can spare it, personally would go for Lightning-Imbued Chalice. Very high RealPPM compared to Horridon's.

Side note: You can always reforge out of the spirit. at 1657 spirit, that reforges into 995 spirit and 662 mastery. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    As far as trinkets go, I'd probably still take mana trinkets, you can always swap gems but I don't see all these absorb trinkets working out all that great, depends how long the buff lasts
    I don't like the randomness of Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn but more times then not, that shield will be used. It's not OP or all that amazing but it will prevent damage here and there. Shields get used up first before any heal so that is always nice.
    Last edited by Yzyz; 2013-02-16 at 03:14 PM.

Have they just killed mastery gear next tier then? Seems like a veiled way of controlling how strong mastery will become in later tiers. The shields are already 35%+.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Have they just killed mastery gear next tier then? Seems like a veiled way of controlling how strong mastery will become in later tiers. The shields are already 35%+.
    Its no worse than this tier, and the only reason we want mastery atm is because of the Mana difference compared to Haste anyway

Its no worse than this tier, and the only reason we want mastery atm is because of the Mana difference compared to Haste anyway
    I don't think it's that simple. Look at how much healing mastery does. It's benefit is very quantifiable in a way that haste isn't.

I miss haste

I don't think it's that simple. Look at how much healing mastery does. It's benefit is very quantifiable in a way that haste isn't.
    If you want to use that logic, look at the difference between breakpoints, be it with Eternal Flame or between Holy Shocks, the amount of mastery healing done (which is already a pretty high % at base mastery, so you'd have to work out how much more you're getting from the stats themselves) and the difference between those, that a long with the fact that Mastery has situational fights where its amazing, and others that it sucks on compared to haste being useful on far more fights

that a long with the fact that Mastery has situational fights where its amazing.
    I think it depends on what you're playing with. We don't have a disc priest in our guild and mastery fills in a niche that none of the other healers can.

Either way I don't think it's appropriate to refer to mastery as situational. On the majority of fights it will account for 20+% healing. There are very few fights for which mastery is a bad stat.

Either way, haste vs mastery has been around for a while. In Cata haste had it for me. In MoP it's all about the mastery. With a 4 second HS and EF on the raid we're pretty effective at reacting without the additional haste, and big tank / raid damage can be anticipated and pre-cast.

I think it depends on what you're playing with. We don't have a disc priest in our guild and mastery fills in a niche that none of the other healers can.

Either way I don't think it's appropriate to refer to mastery as situational. On the majority of fights it will account for 20+% healing. There are very few fights for which mastery is a bad stat.

Either way, haste vs mastery has been around for a while. In Cata haste had it for me. In MoP it's all about the mastery. With a 4 second HS and EF on the raid we're pretty effective at reacting without the additional haste, and big tank / raid damage can be anticipated and pre-cast.
    Even if I'm rolling EFs on the raid without kiting on Garalon, I never see Mastery in my top 3 heals, its usually EF > Bacon >= HS and thats with the standard Spir > Mastery play

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I'm rolling EFs on the raid without kiting on Garalon, I never see Mastery in my top 3 heals, its usually EF > Bacon >= HS and thats with the standard Spir > Mastery play
    Uh what lol? How isn't mastery your top for that fight? With the consistent raid damage, mastery sky rockets with EF.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ws...e/?s=150&e=528

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kc...?s=6731&e=7150

Just our past 2 weeks.

Uh what lol? How isn't mastery your top for that fight? With the consistent raid damage, mastery sky rockets with EF.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ws...e/?s=150&e=528

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kc...?s=6731&e=7150

Just our past 2 weeks.
    Well it isn't, and I'm as confused as you, but I've not done Garalon w/o kiting in a couple months now, although my Mastery hasn't really changed since then

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it isn't, and I'm as confused as you, but I've not done Garalon w/o kiting in a couple months now, although my Mastery hasn't really changed since then
    Odd. I usually do kiting. Last 2 weeks I haven't but I still manage to be close enough to EF the raid and funnel them to the Pheromones target through beacon. My mastery bubbles remain the top heal. Strange my friend..

bumping this now that we have more data

due to the gem slots it looks like using the tier chest (3 sockets) over the lei shen chest (2 sockets) then using the iceshatter gauntlets (2 sockets) over the tier gloves (1 socket) is BiS for normal versus the above list

anyone else seeing similar? or are the sockets incorrect in the PTR build for these slots?