Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcoloco View Post
    You seem to be obilivious to the point of my post. I'm mad I got banned because blizz ingnored several resources they had to determine if I was botting or not. Frankly, it's just easier for them to sit on their but and let automated systems do all the work for them. But then they run into the problem of having to do an investigation "AFTER" the ban. I think it would be common courtesy to investigate "before" you perma ban someone when they've played for 8 years and followed the rules. That is the core of what upsets me. They ignored the propper channels. They can check if you're using rails and bots. Playing several hours a day shouldn't be against the rules. If they actually got off their but and investigated prior to the ban they would of easily seen that I was not on any rails. I participated in the ganking of atleast 7 people that night within about an hour of being banned. But again, that fact was ignored. Because farm bots totally gank other players and kill them correct? I fly all over the place I don't even have a set route it's whatever node pops up on my screen first I go to. I scatter all over the place, there is no pattern but blizz also ignored that fact. I could go on and on about everything they failed to see prior to the ban. All they saw was the gold I was getting in the mail from COD'ing hundreds of stacks of herbs to bulk buyers on my bank alt. I know people who have tried to bot, and lets just say they are not playing this game anymore. I know how foolish botting is, and those people deserve to get banned instantly. But answer this question... "Would you be mad if you got banned for doing nothing wrong but simply farming too much?" If you were acussed of comitting a crime you were 100% innocent of. Would you not be upset? Oh but that's right i'm a bot who is making a sob story, herpa derp. I already have hundreds of thousands of gold so, of course I need to bot to make gold, cause it's soo hard. I shouldn't have to play in fear of getting banned for doing nothing wrong. I'm not going to stop farming because I'm making 100k+ a week. But sadly this same situation will probably happen again because it's "against the rules to farm in one spot". It kind of requires gold to buy anything worth buying off the AH. Just because I know how to make alot of gold very quickly doesn't mean I'm a bot. Blizz reveresed my ban within hours of opening a ticket and they investigated it. So obviously they're in the wrong but they stated that if this happens again, the outcome may not be the same. All I want is blizz to get off their but and stop letting automated systems do all the work for them because they don't WORK. It would save them time in the long run.
    You do seem to lack any kind of idea as to how much data you generate over 1 night of gaming. Have you ever looked at a few hours of combat log? Nobody in their right mind will research hours of random data without needing to / having more clues on when/where to look. It would be a huge waste of resources. It would be stupid. You get banned for triggering an automated filter. You get unbanned if you call them because that is one good reason why you're not a bot.

Get a clue before bitching.

PS: You should really tell Blizzard you want a few times more bots that there currently are and a slower response to ban appeals just so that they don't ban false positives. )))))
    )))))))))))) ))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    You do seem to lack any kind of idea as to how much data you generate over 1 night of gaming. Have you ever looked at a few hours of combat log? Nobody in their right mind will research hours of random data without needing to / having more clues on when/where to look. It would be a huge waste of resources. It would be stupid. You get banned for triggering an automated filter. You get unbanned if you call them because that is one good reason why you're not a bot.

Get a clue before bitching.

PS: You should really tell Blizzard you want a few times more bots that there currently are and a slower response to ban appeals just so that they don't ban false positives. )))))
    )))))))))))) ))))))))))))
    Obviously you're still upset you got caught botting like a fool. Yes cause people who bot totally can't call blizzard back. If you call blizzard back that means 100% you're not a bot LMAO. Almost everyone who gets banned tries to appeal the ban, bot or no bot. So after they get banned they all try to appeal then blizzard does the investigation. There is hardly any change except the fact that false positives would not be getting banned for doing nothing wrong. What is the difference between investigating prior to a ban and investigating after a ban? You know everyone is going to try and appeal and they will have to investigate each one. Why not do it before hand, derp. Not that hard. You really think people who bot will just say "oh well I give up, I got caught".

Deleted
    I never get these people who get banned after sending mats to their alt. I was making 100k profit per week during the end of Cataclysm from prospecting ore, then making rings, disenchanting green rings and creating enchants. That's a lot of ore I was buying from the auction house, receiving in COD mails, and getting in trades from people. It was a hell of a lot of rings and enchanting mats too. I'd sit up until morning tapping my prospect key (while watching a movie or whatever) if I got a cheap few hundred stacks, I'm kind of surprised no one ever accused me I was botting. Anyway I didn't get banned, warned or anything like that, but that's probably because I wasn't botting.
    Last edited by mmocca70d558a3; 2013-02-18 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xigua View Post
    This happened to me a few days ago as well. I don't really fly around farming stuff at all, but I do have a lot of xmog auctions. Anyway something flagged my account as well and I got banned for "exploiting the economy" which is stupid since I don't have enough auctions to actually do any damage, and I don't make enough money to be suspicious at all.

I just sent in a petition from battle.net and couple hours later I was unbanned. Who knows what "flags" some legit players, but it does happen from time to time.
    I love seeing the "exploiting the economy" bans, considering I've been playing the ah since early cata without ever seeing a suspension, despite a lot of people saying they've reported me for ruining the economy. I run anywhere from 5k to 15k auctions at all times, so I find it funny other people get banned for small stuff

Blizzard doesn't actively police bots. They don't. If they say otherwise, they're lying. Bans are a result of getting reported multiple times. Your account is flagged, and then someone comes through, and if you look like a bot, you're banned. Soemtimes you can appeal; most of the time it won't matter. You're a small fish in a sea of 9 million subscribers, and you've become a pain in Blizzard's ass. They don't care. They ban you. They will not miss you.

That's what Blizzard has become.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i know a few people this has happened to while farming for mats etc (one of whom had it happen twice in the space of a few weeks) and took days to get there account back on.. Blizz are fekkin useless and they couldnt give 2 fucks about genuine players.. Bots rule it seems.. and the miserable pricks who report are also as bad.....
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    We have this guy in our guild that's one of those completionist types, has most every rep, an alt at max of every class, tons of achievements, and farms all the time (mostly to get one of those other things). He had the exact same thing happen in the middle of cata, and has been trying to get his account back since. He's pretty much given up and is farming it all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    I love seeing the "exploiting the economy" bans, considering I've been playing the ah since early cata without ever seeing a suspension, despite a lot of people saying they've reported me for ruining the economy. I run anywhere from 5k to 15k auctions at all times, so I find it funny other people get banned for small stuff
    Are you also that guy who puts up 30 gems and undercuts by 50g? You're just shooting yourself in the foot, fyi.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    i know a few people this has happened to while farming for mats etc (one of whom had it happen twice in the space of a few weeks) and took days to get there account back on.. Blizz are fekkin useless and they couldnt give 2 fucks about genuine players.. Bots rule it seems.. and the miserable pricks who report are also as bad.....
    Bullshit, I know for fact Blizzard will try to whisper them. Start answering your whispers, also from players, and look, suddenly no reports or bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Blizzard doesn't actively police bots. They don't. If they say otherwise, they're lying. Bans are a result of getting reported multiple times. Your account is flagged, and then someone comes through, and if you look like a bot, you're banned. Soemtimes you can appeal; most of the time it won't matter. You're a small fish in a sea of 9 million subscribers, and you've become a pain in Blizzard's ass. They don't care. They ban you. They will not miss you.

That's what Blizzard has become.
    While it may come off as B.S., I had my main account banned days before MoP hit for "use of third party cheats or hacks". I had no idea what they were talking about and have never used anything other than standard raid addons. I submitted and re-submitted tickets until they told me flat out that they would be ignoring any further inquiries regarding my ban. I never was provided with any info other than the aforementioned quote as to why i was banned. I called CS and they were even less helpful saying that they could not handle those types of issues on the phone.

If you look at my signature, you can see my main account on the armory. I was crushed and was certain i was going to quit the game. After a few days, I decided I wasn't ready to quit and leveled a new main from scratch with no heirlooms >.< for MoP. To this day, I still wish I knew what got me banned and fear it could happen again.

Farming is absolutely not against the rules. The fact of the matter is that sometimes our system can detect activity which may look suspicious, but is just someone who's been farming for a good long while. This is why we will gladly review an account action that was applied to an account. Please keep in mind that our phone support representatives will be unable to discuss any account actions. To dispute an account action, you would make a ticket here, and then the issue would be addressed offline by a member of our Account Administration team. You don't necessarily have to write much, but you'd say something like - my account has been closed, please review as I wish to get back in. As soon as the ticket is entered into the queue, it will be looked at by the next available Account Administration member - this can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on the volume of our tickets at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Farming is absolutely not against the rules. The fact of the matter is that sometimes our system can detect activity which may look suspicious, but is just someone who's been farming for a good long while. This is why we will gladly review an account action that was applied to an account. Please keep in mind that our phone support representatives will be unable to discuss any account actions. To dispute an account action, you would make a ticket here, and then the issue would be addressed offline by a member of our Account Administration team. You don't necessarily have to write much, but you'd say something like - my account has been closed, please review as I wish to get back in. As soon as the ticket is entered into the queue, it will be looked at by the next available Account Administration member - this can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on the volume of our tickets at that time.
    That's great but not getting any details on why an account was banned is infuriating. So is being told that they will ignore future attempts to discuss the action taken. I wasn't botting or using third party cheats or hacks and was still perma banned. Damage done. I lost SO much time and went through a lot of grief over the action taken.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:41 PM ----------

It's really unfortunate that people who are not doing anything wrong can still have this happen to them. I wouldn't wish the experience I had on my worst enemy. Iv'e read some of your responses to posts others have put up about similar subjects and I just can't fathom how they could get it wrong, review it, and still get it wrong. I just wonder if my account ever ACUALLY was reviewed.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-02-18 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    While it may come off as B.S., I had my main account banned days before MoP hit for "use of third party cheats or hacks". I had no idea what they were talking about and have never used anything other than standard raid addons.
    The same thing happened to me when I got a 3-day ban a couple years ago for "exploitation". The e-mail they sent me was so unspecific that I had no idea what I was being banned for. I eventually decided that someone had reported me when I spent 8 hours farming Basilisk Eyes for the "Hero of Shattrath" achievement. I sent an e-mail and got back in the next day though.