Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Elemental] Garajal 10hm tips.

So my guild will start on Garajal HM today, and i want to ask for tips on how to maximize my dps on this encounter. Besides the usual prepot/300 stat food etc. So heres a few questions to you guys:

1) When to bl? Right at the pull or wait for 20% and burn him down?
    2) Astral Shift vs Stone Bulwark to mitigate voodoo doll damage?
    3) If theres are none or too few adds in totem world, is it viable to just get healed and leave the totem so i can dps with the buff?
    4) Any other tips you want to share are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    So my guild will start on Garajal HM today, and i want to ask for tips on how to maximize my dps on this encounter. Besides the usual prepot/300 stat food etc. So heres a few questions to you guys:

3) If theres are none or too few adds in totem world, is it viable to just get healed and leave the totem so i can dps with the buff?
    1) We BL at the begining since everyone will have all cd's up and can prepot you get the most of it on this fight at the start or we do anyways.
    2) Personal preference as the damage for voodoo is based on the damage the tank is taking only tanks cds or externals used on tank will mitigate the damage.
    3) Dot classes are better to go down then we are as ele. But if you do go just depends on your dps if enrage is going to be close id kill a couple adds and get out asap and go back to work on boss.
    4) Dont be afraid to chain lighting when I do half to go down you'd be surprised how often they are close enough to chain several of the small adds together. Also dont forget to help kill the big add if he out when your down.

Other then that good luck took us 30ish pulls or so for our first kill I think or something along those lines. Could of been less that might be number for Sk eh its late I cant remember lol.

I would recommend taking Totemic Restoration. You may have your Fire Elemental active, but then you might have to drop down into the spirit world, and correct me if I'm wrong, your Fire Elemental won't follow you down there, it will just disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammoura View Post
    I would recommend taking Totemic Restoration. You may have your Fire Elemental active, but then you might have to drop down into the spirit world, and correct me if I'm wrong, your Fire Elemental won't follow you down there, it will just disappear.
    Correcting =) It does indeed follow you into the spirit realm.

Deleted
    1. You can do either. If you're low on dps then you want to BL right from the start when everyone has trinkets & prepot up. If you're low on healing sub 20% then you want to save it to make that phase be shorter and give the healers some haste.
    2. Stone Bulwark imo - if you're voodo dolled it lasts for more than 6 secs, the totem will absorb damage for you for 15secs or so.
    3. You should never intentionally stay inside the spirit world unless you have to. I usually jump out when there's less than 5 adds left.
    4. Delay the first group going in untill just before the first Banishment on the tank happens. Prioritise cleave classes to go in (Ele shaman for instance). Kill the big dudes to help the tank and then cleave down as many small adds as possible. Make sure the raid pops some defensive CDs once the first group goes inside (Demo banner, Tranq etc).
    Plan your cooldowns around his enrage timer.. It might be beneficial for you to pick up Elemental Mastery for this fight depending on your gear.
    A disc priest is really OP on this fight as when they shield the tank the voodo dolled people also benefit from that shield (as in the tank doesnt take any damage - it's being absorbed).

Deleted

1) We BL at the start (like most people I assume). Prepot, pop cooldowns, BL and go.
    2) Doesn't really matter that much. I prefer Astral Shift when things get rough.
    3) Yes. Either way we clean up as many adds as we can in the time it takes the healer to heal us up, and we exit as soon as we're able. Never had a problem with adds swarming the place, and that's without any of the 3 legit dot classes in our comp.
    4) Not much that hasn't been said already. For us it's a fairly easy fight, just have to squeeze out that extra drop of DPS if your raid has trouble with the enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your points have been covered well, so here's some extra tips:

As elemental, can heal yourself and another DPS solo, as long as the adds are being kept up on, which means you can skip having a healer for every third totem. For your first one, drop HST, pop AG, and go to town on the adds. You should be at full by the time the adds are dead. If not, a couple HS's should do the trick. For the second one, drop HST and then rotate 1 LvB -> 2 HS -> repeat until you're both at full health. Shouldn't take any more than about 15 seconds for you both to be full, and you'll still be killing adds just fine.

Your raid will love you for this. Best classes to send with you are ones that can assist healing themselves if things are out of control. Shadowpriests are amazing for this, as they have the same ability to DPS while healing that we do. They're even better for it, actually, as their multidotting is phenomenal on the adds. If you do have a spriest, just alternate AG and VE and you'll never have to do the LvB + HS rotation.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-19 at 09:00 AM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    Yeah we run with affli lock, spriest, elem, rogue, warr as DPS. 2nd spriest will be disc for this fight untill we learn the fight and are comfortable healing voodoo dolls. Thanks for all the tips guys
    Oh and heres my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A%D1%81/simple maybe theres anything i can swap out for this fight? Or something wrong in general? I do have an helmet for 4p bonus, just not sure if loosing ilvls is worth the bonus.
    Last edited by mmocc0a63d4037; 2013-02-19 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we run with affli lock, spriest, elem, rogue, warr as DPS. 2nd spriest will be disc for this fight untill we learn the fight and are comfortable healing voodoo dolls. Thanks for all the tips guys
    Oh and heres my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A%D1%81/simple maybe theres anything i can swap out for this fight? Or something wrong in general? I do have an helmet for 4p bonus, just not sure if loosing ilvls is worth the bonus.
    I worked out the numbers for myself a while ago. I was able to drop something like 30 ilvls to get the 4pc and it was still a DPS increase. It takes some simming to know exactly, but I think you should be able to safely benchmark 30ilvls. Which means that even if it's a RF tier helm, you should go ahead and switch to it.

I'm not actually sure as to the viability of healing tide on this fight. It may be possible that, because you can't run a particularly effective rotation in the spirit realm, it's actually better for Garajal than AG, but I've always used AG myself. A big thing to consider here is that AG is a 2 minute, which allows you to use it every other totem you're taking. HT would probably not be off CD in time for the third totem. My guess is that AG is still the better choice. Depends on how many times you're going down. My guild only has me going down twice, and I think the last time we killed it, it may have been only once. But we're quite a bit more geared than you, so I really have no idea how many you should expect. :x

Also, you may as well unglyph CL, as it's fairly uncommon to even have 3 of them closely grouped, and certainly not 5. If you've got 5 close to each other, it's pretty likely that you're about to wipe anyway. So the CL glyph is probably a DPS loss in this case.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-19 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, ima unglyph CL and probably glyph FET instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ima unglyph CL and probably glyph FET instead
    I wouldn't recommend that. Because it's a 6 minute enrage, he will enrage at the same time you're dropping your 3rd totem, which means it will probably be completely wasted; You'll have had 2 full usages, the same as you would have had unglyphed, except that you'll have had far less uptime.

Deleted
    I personally only use 2 glyphs for this fight... Flame Shock and Spiritwalker's Grace (which you could potentially drop).
    CL glyph is a dps loss
    Fire Ele glyph is a dps loss
    Unleashed Lightning is a dps loss (since there's virtually zero movement)

Deleted
    Aight, unglyphed FET, not sure what glyph to take in that place now O.o And anyways, i changed my headpiece to a set one and it turned out to be DPS increase Running with only FS glyph then. Raid in 1 hour, wish us luck
    Last edited by mmocc0a63d4037; 2013-02-19 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight, unglyphed FET, not sure what glyph to take in that place now O.o And anyways, i changed my headpiece to a set one and it turned out to be DPS increase Running with only FS glyph then. Raid in 1 hour, wish us luck
    GL. If you guys need any strat help, don't hesitate to pop in here again. I'll be online for a while, and I've done the fight a bazillion times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    I personally only use 2 glyphs for this fight... Flame Shock and Spiritwalker's Grace (which you could potentially drop).
    CL glyph is a dps loss
    Fire Ele glyph is a dps loss
    Unleashed Lightning is a dps loss (since there's virtually zero movement)
    Exactly. It's really the only heroic encounter I've done so far (10/16) where you could safely drop UL and not suffer for it. Perhaps Elegon too, but ah well.

Anything helps when you're doing this one for the first time .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Exactly. It's really the only heroic encounter I've done so far (10/16) where you could safely drop UL and not suffer for it. Perhaps Elegon too, but ah well.

Anything helps when you're doing this one for the first time .
    Same, but I'm 16/16H. :P

Yeesh, not elegon. You need it to be able to jump drop your stacks on the edge of the room and for running to your spark location if you're not right next to it. I get put at the back of the room because I can runcast on an add or the boss as I'm omw to the spark. I tried dropping the glyph once on Feng (not a good fight to drop it in the first place) and completely wrecked myself, lmao. Never tried it again, except on Garajal. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Same, but I'm 16/16H. :P

Yeesh, not elegon. You need it to be able to jump drop your stacks on the edge of the room and for running to your spark location if you're not right next to it. I get put at the back of the room because I can runcast on an add or the boss as I'm omw to the spark. I tried dropping the glyph once on Feng (not a good fight to drop it in the first place) and completely wrecked myself, lmao. Never tried it again, except on Garajal. :P
    Jumping on Elegon HC makes you exit his LoS and drop your cast afaik, that's why I swapped it out for a couple of tries. Turned out to be a slight DPS gain, at the expense of a little more inconvenience when moving outside of transitions (where I'll have SWG up). Difference is minor though.

Most of the time I just keep the glyph baseline really. We have plenty of raid DPS to not even sniff Garajal his enrage timer, and the glyph is borderline mandatory for every other fight anyway . Plus, I can be an idiot and move while casting to my heart's content. Running circles around our Mage in his Rune makes me forget the sadness of swapping to my Shaman as a main since Wrath. Then I look at the Recount and yeah...

But that's a different story!
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-19 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Jumping on Elegon HC makes you exit his LoS and drop your cast afaik, that's why I swapped it out for a couple of tries. Turned out to be a slight DPS gain, at the expense of a little more inconvenience when moving outside of transitions (where I'll have SWG up). Difference is minor though.

Most of the time I just keep the glyph baseline really. We have plenty of raid DPS to not even sniff Garajal his enrage timer, and the glyph is borderline mandatory for every other fight anyway . Plus, I can be an idiot and move while casting to my heart's content. Running circles around our Mage in his Rune makes me forget the sadness of swapping to my Shaman as a main since Wrath.
    You don't drop the cast when you exit LoS. As long as you jump right as you start the cast, you'll land and be back in LoS before the cast finishes, which allows you to drop your stacks basically any time you please with 0 DPS loss.

Deleted
    I'll have to try that one then!

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this still works, but if you have a paladin in the grp, you can BOP the tank who got voodoo doll on him and he shouldn't take dmg, needs confirmation tho.
    If you have a shadow priest in the group you can have him stand a bit away from the grp using halo on healers command for a healing boost, Halo can do some sick heals at range.
    If you have a rogue in the group, you can hug up and he can use a smoke bomb, that will cause the spirit from inside to not be able to hit your raid for the duration.
    and my last advice, you probably don't want to hear this, but if you are struggling on the DPS timer, you'd probably want to bench yourself, since virtually any class with same gear will be an upgrade in dps.