View Poll Results: How you feel about Belves eye glow?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Don't change anything. Green is how I recognize them.

70 38.67%
  • Make all of them turn to a golden glow. Only Warlocks with green fire reward keep the green glow.

21 11.60%
  • Make it a choice as DKs skin. Every skin color doubled with Sunwell golden and Fel green eyes.

90 49.72%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blood Elves with Golden Eyes - how would you feel?

Way before the discussions about high elves in the alliance, back in the end of The Burning Crusade, when the essence of a Na'aru was used by Velen to reignite the Sunwell, giving light as an option to fel energies, for the dependency of arcane energy withdrawal, people have been discussing about the green glow on the eyes of Blood Elves.

With another chapter in their story closing soon, and this whole elves in Alliance discussion I would like to bring it back this minor cosmetic discussion.

How you people would feel with Blood Elves reflecting the change in the Sunwell?

I personally think it makes sense. However, notice that the Orcs who dabbled in Fel Energy and were consumed by it still have green skin. They haven't changed back yet. So I think once you mess with that stuff, you can't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I personally think it makes sense. However, notice that the Orcs who dabbled in Fel Energy and were consumed by it still have green skin. They haven't changed back yet. So I think once you mess with that stuff, you can't go back.
    I don't think it's the same as physical changes to Draenei and Orcs. In the case of Belves, they kept their appearance, and only changed the energy source from Arcane Blue to Fel Green. Makes more sense to me that once they started to use Na'aru Golden, that would simply change again. Wretched on the other hand fits your theory. They're gone.

I don't feel gold is really an appropriate color. Sure, it may seem right with the Sunwell being there and all, but officially golden eyes are actually a Night Elf thing, and (supposedly) rare at that; they take them as a sign of a powerful ability or destiny. Really it's why all player character Night Elves have them, instead of the more common blue.
    I think adding in blue eyes for Blood Elves, as evidence of their healing and a reversion of the fel taint, would be good. But golden eyes just don't seem to fit for me.

Golden is a color that I don't understand. Night Elves can have golden eyes, but Blood Elves are more closely related to High Elves (which have blue eyes). From what I remember, Blood Elves are in the most basic sense just corrupted High Elves. I don't follow lore as closely as I possibly should, but why are you suggesting golden eyes instead of blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post

Fel orcs are red

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Fel orcs are red
    Normal orcs are brown, orcs that dabble with fel magic turn green, and if they keep at it THEN they turn red.
    Twas brillig

I would approve. The Blood Elves of The Burning Crusade I find perhaps, the most boring. High Elves, Night Elves; both of which are infinitely more interesting as races. The GMs themselves have said that with time, the effects of Fel magic/taint fade, which means in time the green skin of Durotar's Orcs would almost fade. With the Blood Elves/High Elves however not only having had some time for their physical marks of corruption to fade, but also the benefit of something to accelerate said fading (their magical nature), golden eyes would be a welcome compromise as an option for those who might want to be High Elves or at least, do not want to be Blood Elves in terms of Roleplay/lore.

One time in Wotlk I was in an eots bg and I was doing the wrecking ball achievement I had like 30+ kills my pallies eyes started glowing like a blue.... and the blue came outward like a beam like passed his nose. It was weird i thought it was a spell effect or trinket or something IDK. Wish I screened it. I was ret.

Golden eyes I could get on board with this.

I just mentioned this in another thread, and I SERIOUSLY hope I'm remembering this right because if not I'll feel like an idiot, but high elves without green eyes aren't even a thing anymore. There was a lore panel a while back that stated that the demonic corruption permeates the land similar to nuclear fallout, and that even "high" elves have green eyes now due to exposure. There's literally no physical difference between high elves and blood elves at this point. Considering the Sunwell's been purified, I'd expect for both factions to become one again.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I don't think it's the same as physical changes to Draenei and Orcs. In the case of Belves, they kept their appearance, and only changed the energy source from Arcane Blue to Fel Green. Makes more sense to me that once they started to use Na'aru Golden, that would simply change again. Wretched on the other hand fits your theory. They're gone.
    It's not just as simple as flipping a switch 'fel energy/arcane' and their eyes being the LED that says which one is 'on'. The constant use and addiction to the fel energies have gave their bodies a crippling dependancy on the fel energy. So much so that if they go without it for some time they go into withdrawal, eventually becoming the Wretched if they go TOO long without fel energy. That massive, ingrained addiction changed their bodies' chemistry, which ended up causing the green eyes. It's part of them now. It's a 'permanent scar', per se, of their addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Normal orcs are brown, orcs that dabble with fel magic turn green, and if they keep at it THEN they turn red.
    That is mostly wrong. Brown orcs were forced by the Burning Legion to drink demon blood, which gave them bloodlust and the green skin they have today. Now, during in Warcraft 3, you learn that if green orcs drink the blood of demons AGAIN, their skin turn red, and their bloodlust increases almost tenfold. (Ok, the 'tenfold' was made up, but it DOES increases a lot.)

It was not 'fel magic' that made brown orcs green and green orcs red. It was drinking blood of major demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I just mentioned this in another thread, and I SERIOUSLY hope I'm remembering this right because if not I'll feel like an idiot, but high elves without green eyes aren't even a thing anymore. There was a lore panel a while back that stated that the demonic corruption permeates the land similar to nuclear fallout, and that even "high" elves have green eyes now due to exposure. There's literally no physical difference between high elves and blood elves at this point. Considering the Sunwell's been purified, I'd expect for both factions to become one again.
    I've never heard of anything about High Elves being affected and getting addicted simply by proximity to a land where a demon was/has been/died/etc. So I find that statement hard to believe. (Not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying I've never heard or read anything that backs it up). Also, the High Elves will never rejoin with the Blood Elves. There is too much 'bad blood' between them, as the High Elves think real low of the Blood Elves for taking the 'cheap, easy way' when dealing about their need for magical energy after the Sunwell was attacked. I.E. going after fel magic items. Not to mention High Elves are, in general, loyal to the Alliance, while Blood Elves are loyal to the Horde, so them joining together won't happen in the near future. Maybe ever.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2013-02-19 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Im pretty sure its normal orcs are brown, Fel orcs are red, and orcs that have been lifted from the fel energy's are green.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    yellow dots instead of green, who cares? make it like a skin or earrings option for those that like to hide helmets maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think even after naaru sacrifice in sunwell blood elves can have gold eyes. Fel green eyes are their "scar" after using fel, just like orcs green skin. I would make much more sense with High Elves. I think i even read somewhere that High Elves can have Gold,Blue or Green Eyes

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    Im pretty sure its normal orcs are brown, Fel orcs are red, and orcs that have been lifted from the fel energy's are green.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Tainted_orc#Green_orcs
    Green orcs have been corrupted by fel magic, fel orcs have drank demon blood.

Im all for this and it should be implemented in the model update for Blood Elves. I'd also like to see blue, silver and gold eye colours for Night Elves too.

That is mostly wrong. Brown orcs were forced by the Burning Legion to drink demon blood
    That's wrong. No one forced them to do anything. I thought I'd mention that since you're telling other people they are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Green and Blue, no other colors. Gold only if there a pally and this goes for all pallies on both sides, and only at level 55+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hinted that it's going to take a few generations for any apparent physical fel effects to be undone (green skin for the orcs, green eyes for the blood elves) in one of the Ask CDev answer posts. While I think it'd look cool, I doubt that WoW's storyline is going to span that many generations as elves reckon things simply due to how many players don't play long-lived races, unless they plan on introducing some kind of story mechanic that causes your character to stop aging.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That is mostly wrong. Brown orcs were forced by the Burning Legion to drink demon blood, which gave them bloodlust and the green skin they have today. Now, during in Warcraft 3, you learn that if green orcs drink the blood of demons AGAIN, their skin turn red, and their bloodlust increases almost tenfold. (Ok, the 'tenfold' was made up, but it DOES increases a lot.).
    Wouldn't say forced, they did it quite willingly.