Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to play BM on Wind Lord 25HC?

How it is possible that BM is better than SV on this fight? Could you give my any tips? It's AoE fight with few 30s burn phases on single target. Could anyone can give me advice how to proper play BM on this fight?

when he enrages, keep beastcleave up and keep your pet on the boss and you will do ~*~*~ridiculous~*~*~~* damage

I grab a worm for aoe and go with thrill of the hunt for aoe. During first burn phase we lust and I use a potion and pop all my CDs the damage is insane. I fucked up my cooldowns pretty badly this week and still did over 500k.

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

What about "otuside burn phase"? When there are multpile targets. Use multishots as many as possible or focus on single target?

Should still have enough targets up to effectively aoe

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    I grab a worm for aoe and go with thrill of the hunt for aoe. During first burn phase we lust and I use a potion and pop all my CDs the damage is insane. I fucked up my cooldowns pretty badly this week and still did over 500k.
    Do you exclusively use the Tunnel or do you Kill Command too?

By effective aoe in BM you mean worm + multishots with TotH?

Deleted
    I have a feeling that BM isn't actually better than SV, it does more dps because of padding imo. Sure, it's not actual padding, but in order to do more aoe dmg you sacrifice single target damage to the boss during the enrage, I don't see how that helps the raid getting it down quicker.

Logs are probably more reliable source than your feelings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Logs are probably more reliable source than your feelings
    But he has a point, more dps doesn't always equal faster or easier boss kill.

Main goal of this fight is to kill boss (surprise! ) and more dps = faster kill. Or I'm missing sth?

Just to be clear, I've never done this as BM, every attempt / kill as SV. On WoL BM > SV and that is why I asked the question. I don't like BM (boooring) but on every possible fight I'm tryging to give best of me...
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-02-19 at 12:08 PM.

Depends on your strategy anyway. Some guilds, like my own, prefer to get all adds relatively low (meaning we can't just aoe like mad or the 3 menders will fall over, and the 1 trapper will sit at 75% hp). Means we need alot of singletarget and not really alot of AOE. So wasting multishots there is dumb, as it hurts the tactic.
    But yea, BM is basicly meter padding as you "waste" your burn phase aoeing adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Do you exclusively use the Tunnel or do you Kill Command too?
    You don't want to use burrow attack during recklessness, it will be a DPS loss. During Recklessness, Beast cleave = 700% increased damage to all targets it hits (assuming pet is on the boss), burrow = 700% increased damage to boss, normal damage to everything else.

It's not really padding, as in the end it's still damage that needs to be done (unless the boss is very low and the adds high). The only thing that might make it less desirable is if the second pack to die in each pair of packs is dying before the first recklessness wears off, then you're losing duration of that on the boss as it would overwrite. That'd be when you switch to SV (talking progression here, not people going for ranks), as SV's damage boost to AoE during recklessness isn't insane like it is for BM so SV just single targets aside from keeping SS up on everything.

edit: Also I was sort of assuming a "CC all amber trappers" strategy here as it seems to be the most common to me.

Nah, so I will stay SV. New content is coming so it's no point in learing new fight, especially that our current tactic works fine. Maybe out of curiosity one day I'll try do it as bm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    You don't want to use burrow attack during recklessness, it will be a DPS loss. During Recklessness, Beast cleave = 700% increased damage to all targets it hits (assuming pet is on the boss), burrow = 700% increased damage to boss, normal damage to everything else.

It's not really padding, as in the end it's still damage that needs to be done (unless the boss is very low and the adds high). The only thing that might make it less desirable is if the second pack to die in each pair of packs is dying before the first recklessness wears off, then you're losing duration of that on the boss as it would overwrite. That'd be when you switch to SV (talking progression here, not people going for ranks), as SV's damage boost to AoE during recklessness isn't insane like it is for BM so SV just single targets aside from keeping SS up on everything.

edit: Also I was sort of assuming a "CC all amber trappers" strategy here as it seems to be the most common to me.
    Most 25 man guilds killed the boss with 2x trappers 1x blademaster CC'd. Atleast the ones who got to the boss before disc was buffed to god-like status (couldn't rely on a fat shield on strike target = random instagibs due to personals being used, etc etc).
    But anyhow -
    You want to be BM if you either need to push singletarget damage (either during reckless, or during adds) or need to push alot of add dmg during expose phases.
    You want to be surv if you need to push AOE outside of expose phases.

Deleted
    Main goal of this fight is to kill boss (surprise! ) and more dps = faster kill. Or I'm missing sth?
    Yes, killing the boss is the main goal, there are also additional targets in the fight which you can damage for more dps, doesn't mean it will make you kill the boss easier/faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Yes, killing the boss is the main goal, there are also additional targets in the fight which you can damage for more dps, doesn't mean it will make you kill the boss easier/faster.
    BM is hitting boss like a train. Going BM is all about this, i'm not talking about "additional targets".

Deleted
    BM is hitting boss like a train. Going BM is all about this, i'm not talking about "additional targets".
    Not if you use the Recklessness buff to cleave the adds.

All I am saying high dps isn't always useful damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    (...)All I am saying high dps isn't always useful damage dealt.
    I dare to disagree Higher dps always gives more useful damage.
    Only fight in this tier differently from this "rule" is protectors of endless.

I dare to disagree Higher dps always gives more useful damage.
    Only fight in this tier differently from this "rule" is protectors of endless.
    So you'd say that:
    Dotting up reavers for higher damage on empress (hint - these go in the traps) is usefull damage?
    Hitting Ambershaper while the constructs are building stacks in P1 (we need 4 reshapes) is usefull damage?
    Hitting Garalon's legs if you're unable to cleave is usefull damage?
    Dotting up all adds on Lei Shi is usefull damage?
    Dotting up the adds in first phase on sha is usefull damage?
    As you noted yourself, protectors is obvious.