Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Console game that looks like a Generic Halo game. MMO failure incoming.
    I'll be happy to quote you on that later.

This is the Titan thread, so keep discussion on Titan. There's another thread if you want to talk about Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    This is the Titan thread, so keep discussion on Titan. There's another thread if you want to talk about Destiny.
    But what if they are the same thing =O

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    It may very well be.

http://seattletimes.com/html/busines...lumn18xml.html

from the article:

In 2010, Bungie signed a 10-year deal with Activision to fund and distribute “Destiny.”

Activision, the Santa Monica, Calif.-based publisher of the blockbusters “Call of Duty” and “World of Warcraft,” has told investors that “Destiny” is among its largest and highest-margin opportunities. That suggests it could be another $1 billion franchise, at least.

Is Activision hoping “Destiny” becomes its version of “Star Wars”?

“I certainly think we’re striving for something of that level of merit,” said Eric Hirshberg, chief executive of its publishing business.

Hirshberg called out “the level of creativity and level of depth of the world that ‘Destiny’ is striving to provide to people — the mythologies, the multiple different characters and species and classes.”

Business goals may not be obvious to players.

They’ll see “Destiny” as an expansive shooting adventure, with new social and multiplayer features.

Players start out defending the last human colony on a post-apocalyptic Earth and go on missions outside of its perimeter and on other planets.

Instead of assuming the role of a fixed hero, players are themselves, with customizable gear and weapons that evolve through the game.

This suggests the game will be licensed to individual players, with options to pay for special outfits, equipment or vehicles, including space planes reminiscent of the X-Wings in “Star Wars.”

Bungie isn’t discussing how the game will be sold, aside from saying that it will sell a packaged version of the game — on disc or downloadable — and won’t require a monthly subscription fee.

The company is likely to offer scheduled activities in the game, such as challenges or cooperative adventures, that will encourage players to jump back in by themselves or with friends. A copy of the Activision contract that surfaced in a 2012 lawsuit said downloadable expansion packs will be released every other year starting in 2014.

Sorry Edge, but I think Zeek might be right :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    If you believe that then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you...

@Celista
    What part of all that is supposed to tell us that Blizzard is involved in Destiny at all, much less that Destiny=Titan?
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-02-19 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you believe that then I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you...

@Celista
    What part of all that is supposed to tell us that Blizzard is involved in Destiny at all, much less that Destiny=Titan?
    Could be a joint project with Blizzard doing the MMO aspect. Who knows...this could also be the other unnamed project that was listed earlier in the thread.

It's interesting that all of the stuff we've heard about Titan sounds like what's in this new game..don't want to irritate the mods so back to Titan specific stuff though, I'll check out the Destiny thread.

Edit, couldn't find the Destiny megathread and it isn't listed in the megathreads list.... someone should make one or link the existing thread for me plz?

Blizzard started working on Titan 5ish+ years ago.

Activision acquired Bungie 3 years ago.

Brier Dudley is usually a pretty astute guy, but timelines don't match up and there is no reason that Blizzard wouldn't be involved in the initial reveal.

I don't think there's an official Destiny thread, but there is one floating about. If you want to start a megathread, by all means do so.

Blizz devs were being pulled from WoW to work on Titan as far back as early/mid TBC. Maybe even earlier, but that's when the community started noticing. Aren't both Tigole and Furor on Titan now? I really doubt all those high profile Blizz devs scrapped the whole idea and are working on a Bungie project.

But that was before the new startrek. The timeline is different now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

sounds like it will be heavily consolized. Guessing they'll be throwing all the mathematical and 'annoying' mechanisms out the window because they 'don't make sense' just like they've done with every single WoW patch. I'm expecting a 5 skill action bar system where you get an achievement for walking 20 metres, 40 metres, and 1000 metres with only 1 stat that you have to focus on.

Um. Blizzard hasn't announced anything about Titan yet.

By "heavily consolized" do you mean Destiny is going to be a console-only Bungie game?

I'm guessing being console-only is by definition heavily consolized. :P
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-02-19 at 10:02 AM.

I would love to see a Starcraft Mmo.

I mean there aren't that many Sci-fi Mmo's out there and Starcraft is pretty awesome in terms of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I would love to see a Starcraft Mmo.

I mean there aren't that many Sci-fi Mmo's out there and Starcraft is pretty awesome in terms of story.
    http://www.destructoid.com/starcraft...t-245776.phtml maybe u happy with that?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    he probably meant a triple A mmo, with the years and millions of dollars production that comes with it, not just a free mod for a game that wasn't designed at all for RPG, let alone MMORPG.

I also wish for a good sci fy MMO. An MMO that would have a feel of high tech as well as a feeling of space immensity and wonder, planet exploration, with or without atmosphere, 0 gravity, vaccuum, piloting your spaceship, landing on planet, adventuring on third person shooter style, maybe with melee character.

I love swtor for that, plenty of great idea and design, only high end content is lack luster IMO but that is another debate.
    I like planetside too, but, it lack diversity in gameplay (it's just an FPS, there is no magic class, melee class, etc...) and it's only PVP, i wish for a PVE-centric scy fy MMO.

I never tried eve online, but i don't think it has third person action in the game does it? What i would want is something like mass effect gameplay, with some X-wing space combat element, story telling of swtor, and of course the polish and quality of blizzard game.

I have big hope for star citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    That does look pretty cool. I'm definitely going to try it out. But I would really like to see a Starcraft Mmo from Blizzard. I know that if they put the time and effort into making it happen it would be amazing.

Brier Dudley is usually a pretty astute guy, but timelines don't match up and there is no reason that Blizzard wouldn't be involved in the initial reveal.

I don't think there's an official Destiny thread, but there is one floating about. If you want to start a megathread, by all means do so.
    Ive posted my theory in multiple threads but ill say it again here. Titan is like you said. Was worked on by blizzard for 5ish years. It was going to be a MMOFPS. All of a sudden Bungie one of the best FPS developers becomes availible and Activision immediately gets in talks with them and get a contract to publish their games. What i think happened is that Bungie being the Innovatiors of FPS with their halo series took over "Titan" and turned it into "Destiny". Blizzard now had a smaller role in the game, they laid the ground work for it, bungie came in and reworked things and added their own flair to it. Blizzard then started working on a new Titan. I say this because the most recent leak of information had it being a spin-off series. It may no longer be an MMOFPS because that already has a spot in activisions product line.

So i dont know what genre the New Titan will be, but its not gonna be an FPS like we thought years ago. What ever it is its prolly going to dissapoint ppl.

Oh another reason why I think Titan is Destiny is because blizz said titan was supposed to be a social game with billboards and advertisements. That seems like what Destiny is with all the phone integration and social apps.

The shit people come up with...

So the new theory is that Blizzard completely dropped something they had in production that was going to be their next super awesome big thing, and at one point claimed to have a working and playable prototype of, and are now working on something completely different? Because another company under the same publisher MIGHT be making something similar, all predicated on a rumor that Blizzard's project was originally an FPS because they acquired ONE developer from a company know for making FPS games?

So this theory combines taking rumor for fact and hiding a HUGE project change from shareholders?

How about that bridge? Got an offer yet?

Titan is to Eve as Destiny is to Dust514.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Blizz devs were being pulled from WoW to work on Titan as far back as early/mid TBC. Maybe even earlier, but that's when the community started noticing. Aren't both Tigole and Furor on Titan now? I really doubt all those high profile Blizz devs scrapped the whole idea and are working on a Bungie project.
    Yea, the "big names", developers from blizz started working on Titan at around TBC / Wrath
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The shit people come up with...

So the new theory is that Blizzard completely dropped something they had in production that was going to be their next super awesome big thing, and at one point claimed to have a working and playable prototype of, and are now working on something completely different? Because another company under the same publisher MIGHT be making something similar, all predicated on a rumor that Blizzard's project was originally an FPS because they acquired ONE developer from a company know for making FPS games?

So this theory combines taking rumor for fact and hiding a HUGE project change from shareholders?

How about that bridge? Got an offer yet?
    If Titan is an FPS why not give the reigns to a well known FPS company rather than an unknown in blizz devs? About the share holders. Im pretty sure nothing has been said about what Bungie was working on in those meetings so why would anything about titan be said either.