Page 1 of 2
LastLast

secondary stat for holy priests?

i've looked through the forums and did a search, but it seems like all the recent ones are all about disc and shadow.
    what is the secondary stat for holy to go for? will it be the same in 5.2?

on a side note.. i've been farming Lei Shi (lfr) over and over and over, as holy, and the staff just will not drop for me, even with 3 tokens... has any holy priests gotten it from him? i have the gem, and the socket taking up space in my inventory. thats at least 6 weeks of farming for the staff. my other spec is shadow but looking at the loot tables in the dungeon journal. theres 6 possible items for shadow and only 4 for holy, which is why i do that fight as holy. and healing queues are much faster.

In my opinion, mastery > all

Deleted
    imo mastery > haste > crit

I feel haste really offers more hps than mastery. However, so long as mana remains the limiting factor to throughput, mastery will win out for me since it offers more hpm also

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    on a side note.. i've been farming Lei Shi (lfr) over and over and over, as holy, and the staff just will not drop for me, even with 3 tokens... has any holy priests gotten it from him? i have the gem, and the socket taking up space in my inventory. thats at least 6 weeks of farming for the staff. my other spec is shadow but looking at the loot tables in the dungeon journal. theres 6 possible items for shadow and only 4 for holy, which is why i do that fight as holy. and healing queues are much faster.
    I got the staff off of Lei Shi as Disc with a bonus roll

Mr. Robot is still showing Mastery as the worst secondary stat for Holy Priests. Of course those values were setup for the beginning of MoP, does anyone have any other weight values they recommend then?

Websites like mr robot/raid bots/wowheros that suggest stats are inacurate and I highly suggest you avoid them at all costs

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:20 PM ----------

There are two visions of holy, although more and more are doing mastery now.

Haste, to the breakpoint for extra ticks on renew/lightwell/hymn ect. And playing a renew refreshing playstyle for the most part in Chakra: Serenity

Or, stacking mastery and chakra bouncing depending on what the raid needs at the time.

That's good to know. My main has been my Protection Paladin this expansion so far but I enjoy my Holy Priest still since she's been my main up til now basically. So I try to keep up with the latest changes.

Even when I sit in Chakra: Serenity in most LFR boss fights I don't usually roll Renew's across the raid, but just the tanks. I then use what is necessary and mana efficient to heal everyone else. However, I see the other benefit of going for Mastery and Chakra swapping on-demand and having all that extra free healing being tossed out.

I'll have to play with my gear now with my stats to see what values I can get to and if it's worth it. Considering I'm not even in full purples from LFR yet.

Quote Originally Posted by elleazarz View Post
    I got the staff off of Lei Shi as Disc with a bonus roll
    i know it drops for disc... i was specifically wondering if it has dropped for someone while in holy spec. cause more than six weeks of doing lei shi, spending 3 tokens each time and always getting the belt as holy if i win an item? wtf is up with that rng?

edit: it seems as though people are thinking that crit is the lowest, of the secondary stats. thanks for the input
    Last edited by Alenoria; 2013-02-20 at 01:22 AM.

Personally, I find stacking mastery a more effectuive play style for holy.

Holy already has a lot of CD to manage and with selective casting. Worrying about keeping renews refreshed on the raid is just very taxing with a haste spec. When you can just get a hot rolling on 5 people a time, or sometimes 25 if you cascade ;P

Plus, even with mastery, you can roll renews on the raid in serenity, you just won't get the extra ticks from certain spells.

I feel mastery is a bit overrated for Holy, especially in 10m, on 25m it probably blankets the group more effectively, but on 10m I really don't see the point. I tried both a mastery and haste builds, I ended up doing more HPS in the haste build. I don't really see that much difference in mana since EoL overheals A LOT anyway. I would say try a haste build before going all-out mastery and see if that works for you.
    Last edited by Blachshma; 2013-02-20 at 07:11 AM.

Deleted
    I definitely see the argument against mastery that it overheals a lot. However, I truly believe it's due to not being disciplined (no kind of pun intended) as a healer / team of healers.
    In a raid environment where if you don't heal it NOW then another heal will and people are meter focused - sure mastery might not be so great. In a situation where the healers work together to know what damage can be left to tick up and which healers are effective at doing so, EoL will overheal a lot less. It's obviously also dependent on fight mechanics.
    Fight with predictable damage (either constant or just on a timer) EoL is very strong. Fights with random high bursts - EoL struggles if you need that person 100% NAO.

I think it's good that it's strong on some fights and not on others. Haste deals with that random burst a lot better - getting people topped up ready for the next wave. But on fights where that EoL can do it's thing you're just spending more mana to do the same healing (though if youre fighting other healers at least you'll get it first )

I have yet to try out holy in 25man but I am pretty sure that haste is the way to go for 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I definitely see the argument against mastery that it overheals a lot. However, I truly believe it's due to not being disciplined (no kind of pun intended) as a healer / team of healers.
    In a raid environment where if you don't heal it NOW then another heal will and people are meter focused - sure mastery might not be so great. In a situation where the healers work together to know what damage can be left to tick up and which healers are effective at doing so, EoL will overheal a lot less. It's obviously also dependent on fight mechanics.
    Fight with predictable damage (either constant or just on a timer) EoL is very strong. Fights with random high bursts - EoL struggles if you need that person 100% NAO.

I think it's good that it's strong on some fights and not on others. Haste deals with that random burst a lot better - getting people topped up ready for the next wave. But on fights where that EoL can do it's thing you're just spending more mana to do the same healing (though if youre fighting other healers at least you'll get it first )
    On cutting edge raiding guilds I would demand this kind of dommunication and knowledge of what the other classes do as well, but most guilds I see have the healers fight for the top spot instead of working together. Even timing their raid cds according to the other healers cds annoys them. For fights like Garalon/Tsulong, on both 10m and 25m I would say mastery beats haste by far. However, take a fight like Blade Lord, haste would be more benefecial for the unseen strike - you said it yourself, faster burst, but then you don't really need to heal anyone. Your EoL will overheal unless you heal people to about 80% and let your EoL take care of the rest (highly doubtful considering what I said about the other healers). Most fights on this tier I would say haste beats mastery for 10m.

EoL as a mastery needs to be worked on - either tick less and for more, or maybe some kind of other bonus like some of the amount that overheals goes as a % for the next priest healing spell.

If you are playing correctly, echo of light will be your top heal in either raid format the only reason so far to go for haste is heavy movement encounters. On a completely stationary or very slight movement fight mastery is almost always better.

Technically haste is the better hps stat than mastery on the hypothetical situation that you have unlimited mana but since that situation doesn't even remotely exist especially for a holy priest mastery is having the edge right now.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2013-02-20 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If you are playing correctly, echo of light will be your top heal in either raid format the only reason so far to go for haste is heavy movement encounters. On a completely stationary or very slight movement fight mastery is almost always better.
    I assume you raid 25m? Again other than some gimmick fights of constant raid damage like WotE HC, I can't see how mastery will be more effective than haste on 10m. It just overheals more than it heals, making the stat a waste of reforges/gems.

In 10 man speaking from exp.

Mastery does a significant amount of raw healing on ALL fights. There is a portion of overheating. But the amount of actual healing is much greater then the overhealing.

Deleted
    I nede to ask something here, being late to join the mop expansion, i dont know all the facts.... What are these lfr tokens and bonus rolls you talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post

Technically haste is the better hps stat than mastery on the hypothetical situation that you have unlimited mana but since that situation doesn't even remotely exist especially for a holy priest mastery is having the edge right now.

Even if you're playing correctly, you still depend on other healers to, well, not heal, if you want your echo of light to perform well. On Garalon, the sitaution is better since the damage is constant, and comes by small amounts - perfect for EoL. Like I've said though, on fights like Blade Lord, where the big damage comes in spikes and is usually topped by big heals/raid cd, your EoL will not be very effective. Haste for this fight beats mastery due to the need of burst vs. sustained. Sadly, most fights on this tier have big damage spikes rather than sustained small damage phases, which is also one of the reasons disc rocks so much, the mechanics are pretty much built around it.

Right now I run with a "balanced" spec, I reforge some mastery and some haste, works well for me, and I'm usually last at overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbat View Post
    I nede to ask something here, being late to join the mop expansion, i dont know all the facts.... What are these lfr tokens and bonus rolls you talk about?
    This is a new feature in MoP. Every single daily quest you do in MoP rewards 1-2 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. There are also a few other ways to aquire them, but that is not important.
    Every week you can trade in 90 of these for 3x Elder Charms of Good Fortune. In patch 5.2 you can also trade in 90 of these for 3x [some more advanced token].

Every time you kill a boss, you get a "bonus roll" option. You decide within 60 seconds whether you want to spend one of your elder tokens. If you do, you get a random roll. There is a 90% chance or so that you simply receive some gold from this roll. But sometimes you get a spec-appropriate loot item that would normally drop from the boss instead. This roll can be done every time you down a boss, up to the limit of the amount of tokens you have. It's a great way to get a gear advantage if you just downed a new boss, and a great way to bypass those downer DKP queues your guild may or may not employ.

For LFR, you can kill a boss in LFR as many times as you want - but you will only get normal loot once. For the elder charms however, you can re-run the boss many times and get the bonus roll every time. If you totally wanted that Tsulong healing trinket for instance, but never seem to get it, you can just keep trying!

And, you will likely end up very disappointed due to bad luck
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/375.html
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]