Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    haha, so true.

The Shado-pan, as far as I am concerned, are not the traditional peaceful Pandaren. They're hardened, but strong willed individuals who do what they must, with a clear mind and without ego or hatred, but with power and precision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    We discover Den Den had a sex doll in his bedroom;
    What? 0.o Where do we find this out?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh so that's what that means. I imagined it meant hitting on the head or something. A little like how ogres yell "me smash!"
    I assumed it meant "toss poop at you" since that's all Hozen seem to do...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

zen people whipping starving children for stealing from their garbage feels like overcompensating.
    Exactly. Mists triest too hard to be harcore and casual at the same time as well.

Panda's? Panda's made you realize that Wow should NOT be taken seriously? Not Gnomes? Not talking cows? Or New Yawk goblins? But Panda's? Really?

the difference is that stalvan was one person, and scholomance should be a gruesome place full of evil people. the pandaren should be zen and peaceful. instead we get people whipping starving children and the "army" locking kids in a room with deadly animals.
    That is your problem, you have it in your head that 100% of pandera is "Zen and peaceful" no land, I don't care if its in game or IRL will a large enough group of people act as one mind and body. They will not be 100% anything, there are always sub-groups within a whole that act differently, think differently, and have different beliefs.

You might not agree with them but that is how it is and if the game was that 100% of all the panderans were fat, peace loving hippies .... it would be extremely boring, Not to mention they would be face rolled by everything that blinked at them. Hell I doubt they would have ever escaped the Mogu of they were simply peaceful "zen" people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Allow me to start by saying that I have ALWAYS been a supporter of MoP since MMO-Champion first talked about how Blizzard had trademarked the name and it would likely be an expansion. I love the story, the feel of the zones, the dungeons and scenarios, et cetera.

But lately I can't help it but to have the feeling Blizz is just trying to overcompensate for the fact that people might perceive MoP as childish. I'm not talking about how the war is not pretty, or how evil the thunder king is. I'm talking about the pandaren themselves. It kind of started on Li Li's shortstories where we saw her drinking beer even though she's a kid, but the new "The Trial of the Red Blossoms" shortstory just blows away any notion that the pandaren were ever a peaceful and loving race of zen people we had since the pandaren were first introduced. Let's take a look at what happens:

• The Story is about a 14 year-old cub named Ten. He is a starving orphan who became a thief to survive;
    • Ten mistakes the shado-pan for rich farmers and tries to steal from them. what he thought was something valuable was actually just a scroll.
    • We discover Den Den had a sex doll in his bedroom;
    • The Shado-pan catch him and give him 2 options:
      • 1 - Forced Labor to pay for his crimes of being a hungry child who steals to survive;
      • 2 - he'd be bound, have his eyes, feet and most fingers removed from his body, he'd be taken to the monastery, tortured and than thrown to his death in a canyon;
    • Ten tricks the shado-pan into thinking he escaped. Hawkmaster Nurong appears and, impressed by his actions, gives him 2 more options:
      • 3 - Painless death;
      • 4 - Facing the Trial of the Red Blossoms to try to join the shado-pan;
    • Ten chooses option 4 and Nurong gives him 3 months to reach the monastery in the tallest mountain in the world. it was the middle of winter and the boy barely had any clothes. he does manage to barely arrive in the time he's given;
    • There were 12 other cubs there to take the trial. One of them was 3 years younger than Ten. Two of them gave up before the start of the trials, and they would never be given another chance at joining the shado-pan;
    • The first trial was given by Yalia Sagewhisper. she made them fall into the lake (in the tallest mountain, in the middle of the winter), run out of the lake, grab a coin inside a lit brazier (under the coal), than go back and give the coin to her. out of the 10 cubs (children), 6 died frozen in the lake;
    • The next trial was given by Master Snowdrift. He locked the remaining cubs in a room with some very heavy bells. they had to lift and ring the bells to pass. under one bell there was a poisonous snake. under another bell there was a tiger, and under the third one there were weapons for them to defend themselves. All who survived the trial would pass;
    • One cub is bitten by the snake and dies;
    • The tiger was actually carrying sha (it was a trap from the mantid). the kids cooperated and killed the sha;
    • "You think I have never taken a beating, monster? Just last season I was whipped by a butcher for stealing his garbage, and by a blacksmith for warming my paws at his forge."
    • The kids were accepted in the Shado-pan and they all lived happily ever after. except for the children who died. and their families;

So, are we supposed to admire and fight side by side with people who lock children in a room with a tiger and a snake just to see how many of them survive? After reading this shortstory I sincerely wish I could go at war with the Shado-pan and farm them endlessly all the way to hated. "Sword in the Shadows"? "Protectors of Pandaria"? My ass! They are nothing but murderers.
    I hear storylines in mmos can have a wide spectrum of themes. Confirm/deny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now everyone, I know school is trying to whitewash history of such things, but a few generations ago whipping was a common punishment.

Still is in some parts of the world.

Art emulating life, who knew.

this suddenly make pandas joining the horde seem right..i mean that storyline for the allaince and horde pandas are completely different..the allaicne pandas are accepted easily...the horde pandas..almost die in the 1st 15 minutes of talking to garrosh.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Whoever came up with the Hozen should have been shot on the spot when he introduced them.
    Bull. Hozen are great. Virmen, on the other hand...

Deleted
    Nothing, nothing beats torturing a blue dragonflight mage in Borean Tundra to force him to talk. And you're the one administering the torture, while a Kirin-tor mage incites you, saying the blue mage would have done worst to you.

I still find that particular quest disturbing.

Back on topic: the Shadopan are sociopaths. From Taoshi taunting mantids as she backstabs them, to their interaction talk: We serve, so others don't have to. I.E.: we have a ruthless, heartless job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    I wish Horde sided with Virmen instead of Hozen.

Virmen were actually funny.

I still find it funny that their rituals are so damn hardcore, but even their master still ends up getting corrupted by the Sha. If we had decided that the Shado-Pan were out enemies on this new continent, since Taran Zhu sure didn't seem to like us at first, the Shado-Pan would be no more.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I still find it funny that their rituals are so damn hardcore, but even their master still ends up getting corrupted by the Sha. If we had decided that the Shado-Pan were out enemies on this new continent, since Taran Zhu sure didn't seem to like us at first, the Shado-Pan would be no more.
    and I'd have loved it. heck, I wish I could temporarily side with the thunder king just to take the shado-pan down before going after the TK. you don't mess with kids in front of me, man. you just don't do that.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

On topic of sexual references, in jade forest there is elite gnoll who drops all kinds of "steamy novels" and oh boi those things will make you giggle.
    Hell, this expansion's Steamy Romance novel is something a little more... graphic, than I'd have expected.

After several long moments of wordless, lust-filled glances, a realization struck him: he was looking into the face of the enemy! He unsheathed his mighty sword, bathing the blood elves in its pulsating glow.

The elf with radiant hair spoke first, "Goodness, it looks like someone is ready for battle." She placed her hand on the tip of his sword, lowering it with gentle pressure as she crossed in front of him, always keeping her head cocked in his direction. "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again...?"

Marcus leaned in close, carelessly pressing the hardened steel against her. He whispered something quietly in her ear and pulled away, eagerly searching her face for a reaction.

"No. No. I won't do that... but my sister will!" the blonde giggled. The dark-haired one silently raised a single eyebrow, nodding and shrugging her delicate shoulders at the same time. With a subtle gesture, her body glowed with an intense inner fire, burning away what little clothing she wore. As Marcus's muscular arms wrapped around her, she whispered something to him. A symbol, unseen by Marcus, momentarily appeared above his head and surrounded him in a white glow.
    "That... that feels amazing. What did you do?" he asked.

"Fortitude, my lord. You will need it."
    I was in the middle of a Jade Temple run. I was mightily distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    MoP mature?? pmsl..... pandas, pathetic attempts at asian language, hozen, pandas, kungfoo bolex, humour that makes me feel nauseas, pandas, etc etc, did i mention pandas??
    Pandaria should never have been made as an xpac.. a patch maybe but come on, i used to be able to take wow quite serious (you know in a dark nerdy kinda way).. now i detest wow because of pandaland... mature my arse lol... so much wrong with MoP its unreal, and its made wow into a joke of game....

i seriously hope the next xpac is gonna be more dark and wowwy. hopefully itll be a burning legion return. burning legion feels like wow, gets my juices going ya know wot i mean arry... MoP.. glad im sitting it out
    mists is the most mature expansion wows ever seen. iits alot harder to write about a war then evil doodz who lives in teh castles wit evils things

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    this! the hozen are awesome. the monkey king is my 2nd favorite character of all time.

orkin wikkets gabbin with there goober like jibbidy dooks need to jib them in the derk O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mists is the most mature expansion wows ever seen. iits alot harder to write about a war then evil doodz who lives in teh castles wit evils things
    Actually, the one sentence that really gives me the chills was in that "castle wit evil things"

Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath. Your death will be no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Hell, this expansion's Steamy Romance novel is something a little more... graphic, than I'd have expected.

I was in the middle of a Jade Temple run. I was mightily distracted.
    I camp black auction house every day hoping for blood elf twins to finally show up as "hot item" :P
    Sadly madam goya refuses me her "most exotic" items.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I wish Horde sided with Virmen instead of Hozen.

Virmen were actually funny.
    Virmen were the least funny thing to ever exist, probably.