Page 1 of 2
LastLast

anonymous...we are anonymous

we are anonymous
    we are legion
    we dont forgive
    we dont forget
    expect us

what do you think about these guys. if you are not familiar with what they do youtube anonymous.
    they have dont many things that are pretty impressive. counter hacked karl dove from cheating the election.
    shut down government site after they did wrong. found people who have committed crimes. found Amanda todds 35yr old bully.
    their most recent was to shut down the state of the union from being shown online, some say they failed that mission others say it went according to plan.
    they wear the v for vendetta mask. massively large leaderless organization. exposing corrupt politicians and abusive cops

seems that the media is trying to put them as if they are terrorist hackers when they are nothing like that. seems to me that the government just doesnt like them, proof that they dont is because the gov gave Aaron Swartz 35-50 years of jail with 1-4 million worth of fines, forcing him to kill himself, all this because he downloaded to many academic files. if that not hate and revenge i dont know what is. you get 25 years max jail time for helping al-queda build nuclear weapons.

do you support anonymous?
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

This thread is pretty edgy.

I don't support it. I also find it hilarious that you're calling it the V for Vendetta mask.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2013-02-19 at 10:19 PM.

Too edgy for me. Don't support, just seems to be a bunch of kids who want to seem scary/threatening over the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a majority of them are kids who have too much of a need for power in their head and think they are actually doing anything to help. Reality will wake them up when the police find them and give them a few years in jail for the stupid stuff they do.

Then there are the people who think Anonymous is the best and follow them and say they are a part of them but in the end don't do anything. All I can do is shake my head at those people.

One of the most hilarious parts though is the "Operation" things. "#OpDon'tEatMcDonaldsBecauseTheirBurgersAreOneDollarTooExpensiveForMeAndIThinkEveryoneElse ShouldDoWhatISayJustBecauseMyNameIsAnonymousAndIHaveACoolAvatar".

Also, it's not a V For Vendetta mask. Even if you've watched the movie you should know it's a Guy Fawkes mask.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-02-19 at 10:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a "Don't care" option lol. I'm just sick of the media talking about them all the time. They don't even seem to know what it is they want, one day they will attack a group for trying to restrict free speech then, the next day attack a different group because they didn't like something they said.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-02-19 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Kinda fun how you have been informed about this "group"
    It makes me happy to see that you dont have a clue what's going on right before your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    they wear the v for vendetta mask. massively large leaderless organization. exposing corrupt politicians and abusive cops
    Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just a bunch of egomaniacs and a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a bunch of people trying to be internet vigilantes, and I don't approve of vigilantism.

And they're the worst kind of vigilantes. They're a lynch mob, who works themselves up into a lather and goes after organizations and individuals in an attempt to hurt them while declaring themselves to be righteous.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-02-19 at 10:29 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Arrogant script kiddies for the most part that think V for Vendetta is the greatest movie ever.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-02-19 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think it's a bunch of people trying to be internet vigilantes, and I don't approve of vigilantism.
    If they wanted to be vigilantes the least they could do is get off their ass and do stuff like watch alleyways for people getting beat up or robbed then call the cops and let them do their job. Not sit in a dark room all day giving people the news 5 seconds before the news does.

It depends what they do, If its things like finding Amanda Todds 35y/o bully prick (hope he is suffering) then im all for them. There doing things it seems police cba to do. But some things are over the top crashing goverment sites and all that jazz. It's a yes and a no from me. I support there work they do for people who did wrong (amanda todd example) and helping people who dont know how to help themselves. Showing cheaters for what they are, and so on.

They are too disorganized.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    we are anonymous
    the gov gave Aaron Swartz 35-50 years of jail with 1-4 million worth of fines, forcing him to kill himself
    Wait .. What? They forced him to kill himself? Or he chose to? Tragic either way, I feel sorry for the guy and I feel sorry for his family but really ... C'mon now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Wait .. What? They forced him to kill himself? Or he chose to? Tragic either way, I feel sorry for the guy and I feel sorry for his family but really ... C'mon now.
    Not to mention he hacked into a website stealing loads of data. The least he should get is the years of jail he deserves. Instead he wimped out on jail and chose an easier path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Kinda fun how you have been informed about this "group"
    It makes me happy to see that you dont have a clue what's going on right before your eyes
    that makes so sense to me at all. the gov can detain any who they want with our trial. gov is able to assassinate any who they want without trail. gov is removing your privacy without consent thanks to drones. gov has killed over 100 kid 12 and under thanks to drones. over abuse their power tanks to foolish people who dont care and vote for that guy. if things continue as it is S#@! is going to hit the fan. is it me that doesnt know what going on before my eyes.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

State of the Union was up the entire time, I watched it. There was no success. Someone said "It crashed!" it didn't crash, it ended....
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I agree. They also offered him a plea deal for 6 months that his attorneys advised him to turn down right before he killed himself.

He wasn't forced to do anything. He made a choice.

I also agree with what some others have said. Anonymous just seem like immature egomaniacs.

anon is just your random internet basement dweller who catches onto the anon thing movement and thinks that it actually is some force for good. they believe in the illuminati and conspiracy theories and all that santa clause crap

10+ Year Old Account
    They will grow up soon and be wearing suits like the rest.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    that makes so sense to me at all. the gov can detain any who they want with our trial. gov is able to assassinate any who they want without trail. gov is removing your privacy without consent thanks to drones. gov has killed over 100 kid 12 and under thanks to drones. over abuse their power tanks to foolish people who dont care and vote for that guy. if things continue as it is S#@! is going to hit the fan. is it me that doesnt know what going on before my eyes.
    And what is some kiddie organization going to do about that? Stage a protest with a few dozen people holding signs? Right, that'll do something. No way would the government than manipulate that to their advantage making the people think they got what they want.

There are also some good reasons for the stuff government does. We as a country (the US) are still alive and the most powerful country in the world. They must be doing something right.