Poll: Do you like this class concept so far?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I don't hate the idea really, but witch doctors are just too embedded in troll society to make sense for other races. If you can create convincing lore background for why other races took up the role of a witch doctor, I'm all ears.
    hmm tough proposition my friend. I'm not gonna waste time into trying to bend lore to make witch doctors fit into other races simply because blizzard can do that with the snap of their fingers, just like they did with draenei shamans. plus the game is always evolving so why not nelves take on their natural spirits and mysticism and use it just like the trolls do? sure it would sound a bit weird at first to think about a nelf using voodoo but so did tauren palas and look where we r now.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I've long felt that this class idea wouldn't work for a variety of reasons. The main reasons being that Warlocks, Shadow Priests, and Shaman have this covered. It doesn't help that Troll witch doctors are largely considered Shaman to begin with. The other problem is that the style in which you presented this class is pretty deep in Troll society. You have to find a reason why other races would be performing something that is almost entirely based in troll society and culture.

Take my Ranger Class concept for example. I based it heavily on Elven culture and lore, and the races had to be limited because of that. Your concept is even more distinct, because it has a large amount of troll flavor that wouldn't make sense for other races to utilize.
    I honestly think that the Loas could be shared amongst other races. sure it is a troll's creation but maybe they could be given different names to fit the alliance. easy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    They'd probably slap on some, "They're witch doctors but not really" like they did with Tauren paladins. "They're paladins, but really they're sunwalkers" kinda thing
    and if the problem would be the Loa, then the alliance could have a set of different spiritual beings to take over the Loa

Deleted
    I like ideas about classes and can understand the fun or hope to be able to play such a class. I myself hoped for the blademaster. But I think it would be nice, if Blizz would try to give us the opportunity to "be" that class, in another way.
    Your Wich Docotr could be the Priest of the Trolls. The char would not be named Priest, but Wich Doctor, and the spells would be renamed. Also there could be some changes with the spells. This is a big project, I know, but I thought about that when the Bloodknights and the Sunwalker where made. Sure, they are Paladins, but with some changes, they could be the races version of a Paladin or, in your case, the Priest.

Maybe they should give specific classes the opportunity to do a quest to become another class, when it comes to name, spell animation and spell names.
    For Example: (and here is my Blademaster fanboyism) they could create a real interesting, long story for the Warrior, Rogue, Monk and maybe even the Death Knight. At the End, you can change your Class Name from (for example) Monk to Blademaster, some of your spells are changed in appearance (the spinning crane kick becomes a bladestorm) also you get a transmog set.
    That could work for your Witch Doctor, too. at the least there should be a real nice Transmog Set.

Another way would be, to create a 4th spec for every class. If I may take your Demon Hunter as an example, the Warlock could become a Demon Hunter in the 4th spec. Maybe a melee, or something like the druid, being able to shift in different demon forms. Maybe just a melee, with the altered appearance and new attacks.

I also have to agree to the "Alliance using Voodoo argument" would prefer it, if the Witch Doctor would be a Troll only thing (class)

Looks as though this could be a good foundation for a new class. But, I do beleive Fr. Blizzard said they don't want to do another Hero class. Plus if you consider how greatly imbalanced the game is; a hero class will tip the pendulum much further into the wrong direction. So if you take out the part about the Hero class, this could be a very good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I like ideas about classes and can understand the fun or hope to be able to play such a class. I myself hoped for the blademaster. But I think it would be nice, if Blizz would try to give us the opportunity to "be" that class, in another way.
    Your Wich Docotr could be the Priest of the Trolls. The char would not be named Priest, but Wich Doctor, and the spells would be renamed. Also there could be some changes with the spells. This is a big project, I know, but I thought about that when the Bloodknights and the Sunwalker where made. Sure, they are Paladins, but with some changes, they could be the races version of a Paladin or, in your case, the Priest.

Maybe they should give specific classes the opportunity to do a quest to become another class, when it comes to name, spell animation and spell names.
    For Example: (and here is my Blademaster fanboyism) they could create a real interesting, long story for the Warrior, Rogue, Monk and maybe even the Death Knight. At the End, you can change your Class Name from (for example) Monk to Blademaster, some of your spells are changed in appearance (the spinning crane kick becomes a bladestorm) also you get a transmog set.
    That could work for your Witch Doctor, too. at the least there should be a real nice Transmog Set.

Another way would be, to create a 4th spec for every class. If I may take your Demon Hunter as an example, the Warlock could become a Demon Hunter in the 4th spec. Maybe a melee, or something like the druid, being able to shift in different demon forms. Maybe just a melee, with the altered appearance and new attacks.

I also have to agree to the "Alliance using Voodoo argument" would prefer it, if the Witch Doctor would be a Troll only thing (class)
    Although I disagree with u on the witch doctor only for trolls because I would love to play one with another race and because a new class for only 1 race would 2 much exclusive I agree with u on everything else =P. but what u r proposing would mean that sunwalkers and bloodknights and blademasters would be just different colours on the same model class. For me, the classes I have been creating are deserving enough to have their own model, lore, story and something to say about in the game.
    about the blademaster I was actually thinking that arms spec was more or less leaned towards it... or what is there about it that hasn't been applied in the warrior?

And the 4th spec classes would become a great addition of course but not by wasting classes with the potential like demon hunters, witch doctors, bards, battlemages, dragonsworns, tinkers and others have. I actually have it already planned out for a warlock tanking spec, a shaman tanking spec, a paladin spell caster etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Witch doctors are shaman.....

Pretty cool but too similar to shaman/warlock imo. Still would love it implemented specially if it's anything like the WD in DotA 2 in PvP at least. I don't think we'll see a hero class very soon though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldrix View Post
    Looks as though this could be a good foundation for a new class. But, I do beleive Fr. Blizzard said they don't want to do another Hero class. Plus if you consider how greatly imbalanced the game is; a hero class will tip the pendulum much further into the wrong direction. So if you take out the part about the Hero class, this could be a very good idea.
    i just put hero class as a whimsicality =P

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I find the idea of humans or night elves using voodoo very unsettling.
    funny. weren't the african people the inventor's of voodoo in reality??
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-03-14 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Although I disagree with u on the witch doctor only for trolls because I would love to play one with another race and because a new class for only 1 race would 2 much exclusive I agree with u on everything else =P. but what u r proposing would mean that sunwalkers and bloodknights and blademasters would be just different colours on the same model class. For me, the classes I have been creating are deserving enough to have their own model, lore, story and something to say about in the game.
    about the blademaster I was actually thinking that arms spec was more or less leaned towards it... or what is there about it that hasn't been applied in the warrior?

And the 4th spec classes would become a great addition of course but not by wasting classes with the potential like demon hunters, witch doctors, bards, battlemages, dragonsworns, tinkers and others have. I actually have it already planned out for a warlock tanking spec, a shaman tanking spec, a paladin spell caster etc
    I did not want to reduce your idea to just a visual set or just a new spec in a tree. Apologies, for my unfortunate choice of words. You put a lot of time and effort into it, and I can relate to the fun you have with it.

I agree, the warrior has some parts of a blademaster (the warrior trainer in orgrimmar is a blademaster for example). Also the ability bladestorm the warrior has is a copy of the blademasters in wacraft 3. yet the blademaster had mirror images (mage) for example.
    It is a little bit like saying your Witch Dotor is a Warlock or a Priest. It doesnt fit your ideas, doesnt it? There is more to that, than just one spell.

I would prefer if Blizzard would choose to create these class quests, for different classes to become a blademaster or witch doctor. I agree, your ideas are more detailed, and it would not do them justice. But honestly I can see the Demon Hunter being implimented, but most of the class suggestions made in the forums are not possible. Your ideas alone would take 14 years if every new expansion would introduce a new class (don't check my math pls^^)
    So lets say you can become a Witch Doctor, look like one, be named like on (at least a title) and have a unique set of spell animations. To clarify that, Rogue, Warrior and Monk all have a bladestorm, Warrior of course with the ability named after it, the spinning crane kick of the monk and the blade flurry (is it) of the rogue.
    Maybe it would be cool, do earn your orb necklace. To earn your voodoo doll. finishing the quest and looking like a Witch Hunter or Blademaster...I think it would be better than nothing. Transmog gives so many opportunities, and yet is implimented in a way it makes me cry.

Your work, and fun, you put into creating theese classes is really great. But you can't have every class. Maybe not even a single one of it in WoW. that is sad, but at least a quest or a visual possibility would be nice. Blizz could do that.

I know you will hate to read that (it's what I did when someone told me that when I wrote my Blademaster suggestion) but don't let it stop you from writing and thinking about new classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    I did not want to reduce your idea to just a visual set or just a new spec in a tree. Apologies, for my unfortunate choice of words. You put a lot of time and effort into it, and I can relate to the fun you have with it.
    apologies accepted =P

I agree, the warrior has some parts of a blademaster (the warrior trainer in orgrimmar is a blademaster for example). Also the ability bladestorm the warrior has is a copy of the blademasters in wacraft 3. yet the blademaster had mirror images (mage) for example.
    It is a little bit like saying your Witch Dotor is a Warlock or a Priest. It doesnt fit your ideas, doesnt it? There is more to that, than just one spell.
    I would love to have a mirror image ability like blademaster on an arms spec tbh =P. But apart from that I still don't get how much unique can a blademaster really be from the arms spec. And what are the orbs around his neck?

I would prefer if Blizzard would choose to create these class quests, for different classes to become a blademaster or witch doctor. I agree, your ideas are more detailed, and it would not do them justice. But honestly I can see the Demon Hunter being implimented, but most of the class suggestions made in the forums are not possible. Your ideas alone would take 14 years if every new expansion would introduce a new class (don't check my math pls^^)
    lol I think wow will still be here in 14 years .
    So lets say you can become a Witch Doctor, look like one, be named like on (at least a title) and have a unique set of spell animations. To clarify that, Rogue, Warrior and Monk all have a bladestorm, Warrior of course with the ability named after it, the spinning crane kick of the monk and the blade flurry (is it) of the rogue.
    Maybe it would be cool, do earn your orb necklace. To earn your voodoo doll. finishing the quest and looking like a Witch Hunter or Blademaster...I think it would be better than nothing. Transmog gives so many opportunities, and yet is implimented in a way it makes me cry.
    yh ur intentions are really to be praised and I think its a quite more plausible suggestion than mine but well I just wouldn't be satisfied with that. because the mechanics would be the same and the witch doctor would feel the same as a priest or warlock, so that would suck for me.

Your work, and fun, you put into creating theese classes is really great. But you can't have every class. Maybe not even a single one of it in WoW. that is sad, but at least a quest or a visual possibility would be nice. Blizz could do that.

I know you will hate to read that (it's what I did when someone told me that when I wrote my Blademaster suggestion) but don't let it stop you from writing and thinking about new classes.
    never give up on what u wnat in life m8 . Thx for the nice post =)

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I found Tauren wielding the Light and Trolls wielding Druid magic just as unsettling. Not that this Witch Doctor stuff would happen but, yea...
    Troll using druid magic is actually understandable. They don't look out of place with nature magic but tauren paladin is just disgusting.

When classes used to have relatively messy talent trees and the potential for people to mix spec, and abilities are very much class / spec specific (like bloodlust, forms of interrupts, etc). Then class balance is very hard and dedicate.

But now that Blizzard has streamlined "class balance" that all melee has mostly fixed toolsets, all healer has mostly fixed toolset (perhaps except mw), all tanks have mostly fixed toolsets... then the effort of inserting new class will not have such a messy impact as compare to the dk-era.

Deleted
    Hey guys! I have been lurking around the forums while doing some work on this and some other classes, with special highlight to the Bard which I just gave a refininement. Soon enough I will add a poll to this as well. Meanwhile plz feel free to leave your input =). TY

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Pretty cool but too similar to shaman/warlock imo. Still would love it implemented specially if it's anything like the WD in DotA 2 in PvP at least. I don't think we'll see a hero class very soon though.
    haha it has some relation with the WD from dota2 ofc and in terms of pvp it is meant to be a pain in the ass for enemies and a powerful yet hard to master ally. My thoughts were to create a class that has a high number of utility spells to make up for its little armour without perishing the damage output. still it's far from a finished concept so any suggestions would be deeply analyzed =).
    ALso, in terms of background, lore and visuals I see WD as the evil side of shamans, using necrotic, dark rituals to boost their nature magic =). pretty sweet hehe

EDIT 2:
    POLL ADDED

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I find the idea of humans or night elves using voodoo very unsettling.
    The Kurzen expedition(Named after the Colonel Kurzen part of the Stormwind army) that wen't mad had Shamans and I think Witch Doctors that last time I been there. Oh that also have Medicine men and Shadow Hunters too so the Humans becoming witch doctors and or Shamans could be from the recently "freed" Kurzen expedition members.

Oh and not to mention Headshrinkers too.
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2013-05-02 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Witch doctors are shaman.....
    I thought they were also shadow priests...

Either way, bad class idea is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I thought they were also shadow priests...

Either way, bad class idea is bad.
    maybe my tinker class will appeal you ^^?

I would rather see Witch Doctor then another hunter class...(Demon Hunter)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    I would rather see Witch Doctor then another hunter class...(Demon Hunter)
    hehe a WD sure would be sweet but a demon hunter(which has nothing to do with the hunter class) would also be super sweet.

ALSO I just updated the OP and the class in general =). have a look and face ur fears... LOL =P

Deleted
    hey there,

these class is now finally finished! comment and suggest if you may

Honestly, the draenei witch doctor in STV felt really weird.

Troll priests are supposed to be witch doctors, it'd be cool if they added some more flavor to priests(and paladins) so they were more similar to how they're supposed to be in lore. No mechanics changing, but changing animations for troll priests so they're more voodoo flavored, they could do similar things for other races. I don't think there's enough there for witch doctor to be it's own class.

Shaman and witch doctors in Warcraft are virtually interchangeable and adding witch doctors alongside shaman would just be confusing. It would also force a redesign/overhual for shaman to get rid of the spiritual aspect of their class and center it around their connection with the elements. Problem with that is that blizzard clearly has no intention of a class tune up for shaman now let alone with another new class in the mix.
    Also dwarves' shamanistic ways make more sense for this type of class than human/worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Honestly, the draenei witch doctor in STV felt really weird.

Troll priests are supposed to be witch doctors, it'd be cool if they added some more flavor to priests(and paladins) so they were more similar to how they're supposed to be in lore. No mechanics changing, but changing animations for troll priests so they're more voodoo flavored, they could do similar things for other races. I don't think there's enough there for witch doctor to be it's own class.
    Troll shaman will be getting some flavor in 5.4 with the new minor glyphs. They probably won't look great on other races though.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.