Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Exclamation Burning Legion Comeback Next Expansion? (Source)

Found this on reddit: wowhead . com /npc=65579#comments

“The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?”

If this is true... what race/class could be coming in the Burning Legion X2?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old news, and I have very firm desires here.

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *New Alliance Race - Broken
    *New Neutral Race - Ethereal
    *New Hero Class - Demon Hunter
    *Level Cap 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    *Outland Questline Revamp (not a rebuild of the continent like Cata)
    *Released as part of a 10th anniversary year-long extravaganza
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    “We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise?”

This is my favorite quote from his list. It'd be crazy if it turns out the Ethereal's have been agents of the legion all along, planted amongst us to enact the legion's return to Azeroth at the right time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well alot of us knew the Legion would return someday, But maybe this time we take the fight to them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *Level Cap 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    Broken are basically Draenei
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont know what the next expansion will be... This one sounds cool to me. But tbh, no matter what it is going be, ill be hyped as hell about it and will play it for sure =).
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, but also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else’s work doesn’t necessarily turn you into one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Street Fighter MMORPG! Can you imagine everyone just hurricane kicking and tuna boating all over the place. This sounds like an awesome game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    “We openly deal with the ethereal, ignorant of their true intentions. Could we be aiding in the preparation of our own demise?”

This is my favorite quote from his list. It'd be crazy if it turns out the Ethereal's have been agents of the legion all along, planted amongst us to enact the legion's return to Azeroth at the right time.
    Well the ethereal don't have any faction alliances. They could easily be getting help from us, then turning around and doing business with the Legion. It's like working with a Goblin.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well alot of us knew the Legion would return someday, But maybe this time we take the fight to them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 10:53 PM ----------

Broken are basically Draenei
    Watching Akama and the Broken of Outland, I don't think they're as like the Draenei as we think. And that was several years before Expansion V.

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *Level Cap 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    Agree with Ogres (starting zone Ogrilla?)
    The Broken are Draenei so there isn't much variation between the two races.
    Ethereal are not about to jump into a war when they can simply deal to both sides.
    Not enough room for a WC3 Night Elf Demon Hunter class.

They might go to level 100 for the 10 year anniversary, but they couple probably squeeze out an extra expansion if they go for 95 instead.
    Isn't Argus a planet?

I'd wager
    Horde - Ogres
    Alliance - Naga (refugees from Zin Aszhari)
    New Class - Dark Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Not enough room for a WC3 Night Elf Demon Hunter class
    Demon Hunters are also in WoW, and not just Night Elves. Granted it's only one other race, it is said other races can learn.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think Demonology has turned far too much into a Demon Hunter-esque tree to allow for a full demon hunter class. But... who knows.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Instead of "new" races I'd prefer sub-racing. The Burning Legion's invasion unites all the races of Azeroth ... Taunka as skin for Tauren, Frost / Dark Iron Dwarves, High Elfs (perhaps both for Nelf and Belf?), Vyrkul for Humans.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head. Help me out here, haha
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I think Demonology has turned far too much into a Demon Hunter-esque tree to allow for a full demon hunter class. But... who knows.
    As long as they cannot dual-wield warglaives, and their metamorphosis is a melee instead of ranged, they lack evasion, can't main tank, don't have mana burn... all they are is a cheap imposter.

Plus, imagine NElf warlocks. DH has to be available to NElves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Demon Hunters are also in WoW, and not just Night Elves. Granted it's only one other race, it is said other races can learn.
    I used Night Elf to refer to the style. I guess I blanked when I wrote WC3 so I added Night Elf to differentiate it from the Diablo Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Instead of "new" races I'd prefer sub-racing. The Burning Legion's invasion unites all the races of Azeroth ... Taunka as skin for Tauren, Frost / Dark Iron Dwarves, High Elfs (perhaps both for Nelf and Belf?), Vyrkul for Humans.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head. Help me out here, haha
    NO! You fell right into the trap!

This is a human: http://s3.amazonaws.com/inspiresyner...tled_large.jpg

This is a vrykul: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...LorenAinse.jpg

They are not the same thing!

A new race is:
    *New animations
    *New model
    *New starting zone
    *New lore
    *New race/class combos

A vrykul is all of the above. It's a new race, not a sub-race. Stop trying to justify what you want by calling it something else.

Same goes for Human-High Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    No broken ones... they're basically just... melted Draenei.

Sure, their "culture," or rather, way of getting on, differs from that of the Draenei in most respects, they aren't very different from Draenei visually. They're blue. They have face tentacles. Done and done.

And then Ethereals... would they be awesome? Yes, they would. But Ethereals have no faces, no hair, no skin tone... almost nothing in the way of customizability.

Sure, the "old" models for the Worgen and Goblins didn't have much "diversity," but it was entirely plausible that they could have distinct faces, hairdos, skin tone variation, etc (and this would be true for Ogres.) On the other hand, a major part of the Ethereal's design is that they HAVE no face (or any other real defining body features.) Pretty hard to just kind of "edge that out."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-20 at 04:48 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    sorry but the vidence is mounting up on it being a burning legion themed expansion, theres been heavy content towards warlocks and stuff and there own quests, theres also a new TCG pack coming called the betrayal of the guardian (medivh as hes the last) and the items you can get are a grimoire book pet and a mini dark portal trinket as a hearthstone. the amount of demon related stuff over the past month or 2 has been alot and its quite obvious that its going to be a demon related expansion then the next one after will be new lich king

I believe there will be only one neutral race. We only have one zombie looking race and that is undead. We are so done with furries now. Do we know how the ethereals came to be? Do we have a loremaster here? If they are pure energy or whatever, why would they use bandages around them?

Skin - Color of energy
    Hair Color - Bandages
    Hair - Probably got some different bandage patterns or crowns or whatever
    Eyes - Color of eyes and angle
    Mask - What kind of mask they use to "fit in"?

I mean, come on... why mention Ethereals in that text?

And as for class. It is time for a mail or cloth user. And Demon Hunters I believe use mail. They use warglaives. I think it is very possible a melee/ranged/tank hybrid comes next. We had dps/pet dps/tank, dps/healer/tank and now we'll have melee dps/ranged dps/tank for a change.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, BC was for me the best expansion ever not to be matched.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

*Level Cap 100
    I kind of hope that next expansion Blizzard makes the level cap 103 just to drive all these people insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Whatever it is, it can't come fast enough. Tired of this rainbow panda garbage.