Thread: New PTR changes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We are going to scale so incredibly well with all this crit next tier, this nerf was probably needed. With bloodsurge being free, and the extra amounts of raging blow procs we'll be getting, + more rage and melee dmg from the haste buff, fury will be more fun and do more damage. Yeah, 5.2 was looking a bit too good to be true, just like our pvp utility at the start of the expansion, but ppl will complain no matter what. We could have a button to instakill everything in 50 yard rage, and ppl would still cry "no fair!" when it got nerfed.

Deleted
    Well maybe those nerfs were needed, but they adressed the wrong part. Warrior dmg before 20% is already pretty low outside of the opening burst. They should've much rather nerfed Execute by 20-25% or so, to achieve an overall dps nerf. This would also lower the gap between the specs instead of widening them even more and would make warriors more viable for progression, where dmg before 20% is more important than after.

The thing is you will have more Raging blows to use, higher enrage uptime, and more rage to drop on HS and WS outside of execute phase.

Without the nerf we could probably keep up with everyone outside of execute and then destroy the meters completely the last 20%.

Deleted
    Enrage uptime is more meaningful during execute phase as is more rage. What you are saying is that Warriors will do more dmg outside of executes, that is true but so will other classes...

I am a noob at other classes, but don't most of them only scale by their abilities doing more dmg from increased stats? Where as we get that benefit + actually being able to fit in more abilities due to increased procs and rage gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering when this would happen, we always get nerfed

We'll be fine once in 5.2 gear.

maybe its time to reroll a new class.the changes makes warrior unplayable in pvp.i dont know why blizzard is always nerfing warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    I am a noob at other classes, but don't most of them only scale by their abilities doing more dmg from increased stats? Where as we get that benefit + actually being able to fit in more abilities due to increased procs and rage gain.
    Well yes, but Warriors are balanced around that fact, since they have pretty bad strength/haste and mastery scaling compared to other classes. For example most other classes do get to cast more abilities with simple haste scaling. Warriors dont...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    The only real problem I have with these changes is that it pushes an even bigger proportion of our damage to execute. They should've nerfed execute by 20% to achieve the same effect...
    execute has already been nerfed i think twice and the buffs they gave us in return,well were all reverted/nerfed,lmfao. looking over these notes makes me cry and lol at the same time.this is the same shit thats been happening for years and thats the reason i do not play wow any more.dk's did more damage then warriors in pvp and in pve arms sucked, but blizz gives them a huge buff and nerfs warriors again,lmfao.if you people continue to pay for this shit your crazy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    We are going to scale so incredibly well with all this crit next tier, this nerf was probably needed. With bloodsurge being free, and the extra amounts of raging blow procs we'll be getting, + more rage and melee dmg from the haste buff, fury will be more fun and do more damage. Yeah, 5.2 was looking a bit too good to be true, just like our pvp utility at the start of the expansion, but ppl will complain no matter what. We could have a button to instakill everything in 50 yard rage, and ppl would still cry "no fair!" when it got nerfed.

rage has been normalized making warriors scale the same as other classes.other classes like the newly buffed dks "who already do more damage then warriors" will scale just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skarrs View Post
    No they changed it back to 100% haste.
    No, they didn't. Back in the first PTR Set Bonus thread, they nerfed it to 50% and on PTR since it's been 50%, they just haven't fixed it on the list.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Was wondering when this would happen, we always get nerfed

We'll be fine once in 5.2 gear.
    It's not a matter of "We'll be fine." The damage change will more than likely make Arms better than Fury, where Arms' new stat weights on the PTR is Haste>Crit>Mastery. We'll now be subject to fighting for Haste gear against dks who will probably scale the best with it, and ret paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    execute has already been nerfed i think twice and the buffs they gave us in return,well were all reverted/nerfed,lmfao. looking over these notes makes me cry and lol at the same time.this is the same shit thats been happening for years and thats the reason i do not play wow any more.dk's did more damage then warriors in pvp and in pve arms sucked, but blizz gives them a huge buff and nerfs warriors again,lmfao.if you people continue to pay for this shit your crazy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 06:38 AM ----------

rage has been normalized making warriors scale the same as other classes.other classes like the newly buffed dks "who already do more damage then warriors" will scale just as well.
    but scale isnt reference to rage. Fury scales or should I say scaled THAT well with primary stat and crit.

Deleted
    I don't get it. All I wanted was to do better above 20% and worse during execute. But these changes seem to push us even further into the role execute-range gods and 5th wheel above 20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    but scale isnt reference to rage. Fury scales or should I say scaled THAT well with primary stat and crit.
    And thats the point, it doesnt scale as well with primary stats as casters for example

10+ Year Old Account
    .... lol, what the heck. I think they use WoW as a testing ground for new game design honestly in some ways. I imagine that warriors will be fine in good T15 gear but this reminds me of going from good damage in T11 10M H group to meh DPS after 4.2 tuning in 10N FL/T12 until I got some serious upgrades (2 heroic weapons from 2 N T12 weapons, some other 391s and 4 set N T12 till I was 381, from 362 at start or so).

Looks like I picked the right melee for 5.2 though ( FDK). Can only play the same thing for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I remember when they said the rage changes would keep them from having to do this kinida of crap at the start of tiers. Even if in full heroic 15 we were doing too much, its pretty crappy for heroic progression to be behind all other competitive melee specs until you're geared, even now were generally behind until the last 20% this is only going to make it worse, it also makes arms possibly the goto spec for progression as more consistent higher dmg pre execute phase is generally more useful, plus all you need is one decent 2h upgrade and the dmg gain will be huge. I just wish if they wanted us to play arms this tier they would have made the spec more fun than it is on PTR, it feels really dumbed down with less rng which is good but also more stale and less bursty.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    And thats the point, it doesnt scale as well with primary stats as casters for example
    I remember I once saw scales for all classes and specs. I believe first was fire mages and second was fury warriors. And I am not just talking primary stat. Even if there are classes with better primary stat scaling than us, overall we are/were in a very solid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Even if there are classes with better primary stat scaling than us, overall we are/were in a very solid spot.
    At what spot you are being right now has very little to do with how performance is going to be the next tier even if it is just for the huge amount of changes to other classes. Pretty much every class has seen ridiculous buffs.

Deleted
    Just suprised they nerf BT? It barely hits more than a melee swing. They should have nerfed execute 20% and leave everything else as is.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    At what spot you are being right now has very little to do with how performance is going to be the next tier even if it is just for the huge amount of changes to other classes. Pretty much every class has seen ridiculous buffs.
    I am not arguing against what spot fury warriors will be.

My whole argument was that give the new items to current specs and fury would be top (because of scaling). Or we had a very good scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    .... lol, what the heck. I think they use WoW as a testing ground for new game design honestly in some ways. I imagine that warriors will be fine in good T15 gear but this reminds me of going from good damage in T11 10M H group to meh DPS after 4.2 tuning in 10N FL/T12 until I got some serious upgrades (2 heroic weapons from 2 N T12 weapons, some other 391s and 4 set N T12 till I was 381, from 362 at start or so).

Looks like I picked the right melee for 5.2 though ( FDK). Can only play the same thing for so long.
    " I think they use WoW as a testing ground for new game design honestly in some ways"

you are 100% correct!wow is nothing more than a cash cow for blizz until there new mmo titan is ready.most of the devs that developed wow are now working on titian,so wow gets a b-team for devs.wo was in its prime during BC,been down hill since and you can see that in game play.

just look at next season-blizz is removing rating requirements on t2 weapons.wonder why?my guess is that they know pvp is beyond fucked up and they not goign to waste the $ fixing it.so instead of losing sub $ from people who plays classes that are over nerfed in pvp,they simply remove the rating requirements. making so everyone can get the t2 gear.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Just suprised they nerf BT? It barely hits more than a melee swing. They should have nerfed execute 20% and leave everything else as is.
    lmfao at nerf execute again for a 3rd time!if they keep nerfing execute all you will end up with is a weak execute and they keep nerfing everything else,like they already did/have done.you really think all these classes needed a damage buff and warriors needed to be nerfed?open your eyes!