Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So, thats for 25m - but what about 10m?

From what I've heard, you cant do that on 10m
    cant do the 3 tank thing 10 man, well, it didnt work well for us.

we just played it single target specs, ignored the adds (expect tons of dodging fun times -.- and kept going till he went to phase 2.
    shaasssit iirc? there are 2 addons to help with the platforms and dodging. only the tank and ocasionally the healer collected the orbs. hardly anyone should take damage shy of tanks if everyone plays perfectly, that being said healers usually have their hands full as people do get hit .

oh and run out for dred spray unless youre BoPed or a rogue/lock (or someone else with good physical CDs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    What do you gain by having them "sit" at a platform?
    Panda bosses do not auto pull.
    You simply stand on the platform looking pretty.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Why not just have the warrior do it on the first cackle? That way you can always have the same warrior do it without the risk of him actually being sent with the cackled tank on the first one.
    I honestly don't even know, we've just always done it that way and I've never thought to question it.
    We have two extremely competent DPS warriors and the odds of them both being sent is slim.
    I'm guessing our RL does it so we don't waste DPS with lust that's all I could possibly think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Panda bosses do not auto pull.
    You simply stand on the platform looking pretty.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:52 PM ----------

I honestly don't even know, we've just always done it that way and I've never thought to question it.
    We have two extremely competent DPS warriors and the odds of them both being sent is slim.
    I'm guessing our RL does it so we don't waste DPS with lust that's all I could possibly think of.
    The platform adds not aggroing is something i knew about but if you are only getting 3 crackles or so anyways wouldn't you want to have that 4 dps 1 healer group kill their add asap and get back to the boss to help push? I guess my question was what do you gain having them sit and look pretty tell 75%? 4 dps going into p2 with the buff?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    The platform adds not aggroing is something i knew about but if you are only getting 3 crackles or so anyways wouldn't you want to have that 4 dps 1 healer group kill their add asap and get back to the boss to help push? I guess my question was what do you gain having them sit and look pretty tell 75%? 4 dps going into p2 with the buff?
    It causes all 3 platforms to be full, so you can't get more people ported until a group kills their add
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    It causes all 3 platforms to be full, so you can't get more people ported until a group kills their add
    So that means you guys 3 tank the fight?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    So that means you guys 3 tank the fight?
    Correct! It allows us to 1shot the fight without having to wipe to get the buff with 4tanks!
    It's just more efficient haha.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct! It allows us to 1shot the fight without having to wipe to get the buff with 4tanks!
    It's just more efficient haha.
    That makes more sense. For some reason i was thinking you were 2 tanking it which is where my confusion came from.

Also do you have any of you're tanks handle the light in the second phase? or are they all mostly rotating the boss between them?

--Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes more sense. For some reason i was thinking you were 2 tanking it which is where my confusion came from.

Also do you have any of you're tanks handle the light in the second phase? or are they all mostly rotating the boss between them?
    Not quite sure what you mean, perhaps I've not had enough coffee for 7:30am,
    We have 3 dedicated ball throwers, then we have one backup. Those 3/4 people are the only ones that handle the ball except for the first huddle which we have lust for. We throw the ball and break all the DPS out of the first huddle so we don't waste lust and CDs.

How the tanking works - we have two 'normal tanks' and a NaF tank.
    The NaF tank starts with the boss, gets naked, then I taunt, get naked, then the final tank taunts the boss.
    2-3 seconds before the naked, the first tank taunts, gets naked, then our third tank taunts back. Then he gets naked, then I taunt, then just before I get naked the first tank taunts, gets naked, I taunt back.

Sorry If that's just a wall of text with the words naked and taunt smothered into it, haha.

Thrash requires no cd, dread thrash requires a minor (for me at least)
    Our NaF tank is a DK, and the normal tanks are myself and a paladin.
    Raxxykins

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you could, in theory, single tank first phase, by having only 4 people ported each time... Leaving you with +2/3 dps'ers to make it last shorter. 'Course, first NaF would destroy you in phase 2, but still...

How the tanking works - we have two 'normal tanks' and a NaF tank.
    The NaF tank starts with the boss, gets naked, then I taunt, get naked, then the final tank taunts the boss.
    2-3 seconds before the naked, the first tank taunts, gets naked, then our third tank taunts back. Then he gets naked, then I taunt, then just before I get naked the first tank taunts, gets naked, I taunt back.

Sorry If that's just a wall of text with the words naked and taunt smothered into it, haha.

Thrash requires no cd, dread thrash requires a minor (for me at least)
    Our NaF tank is a DK, and the normal tanks are myself and a paladin.
    That is how we handle NaA also. We did it just because we were extremely undergeared and our 3rd tank was only like 490 ilvl. I and the other tank were probably close to 499-500 ilvl so we wanted to make sure that we were having as much uptime on the boss as possible.

For less geared tanks (sorry Raxxed but your gear is stacked lol), I had to have a shield block up for every thrash so make sure your downtime does not line up with a thrash. For Dread I always played it safe and Popped SW and Last Stand. We also had 3 paladins and 2 disc priests so we had enough externals to go around so I played it safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys handle this ability: Huddle in Terror ?!?
    Last night we had some problems with this ability, specially when they hit 2 healers at the same time.
    We're raiding 25man and we're doing the entire fight with 5 healers!

- Do you guys advise to throw the Pure of Light to them to free them or heal the damage through the Huddle in Terror?
    - How many Healers do you think we should use?

- Do you've any tips to counter this part of the fight? (Pure of Light) ?!?

Another thing, there is a spot where all mobs converge and where we should tank the boss, right?
    Is there any thing where we can spot that local easly?

Thanks,
    Ogait
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Dont break them. We used 5 healers also and just healed through the damage. When 2 healers get huddles we would use a few CDs like Aura mastery and Rally. If 3 got huddled we basically popped everything.

Each healer was assigned a mark and healed that huddled person. If the healer was huddled we would have a paladin use the dot damage reduction on their mark.

Obviously there is some randomness with who can get huddled and even in the worst case scenario there are always raid CDs and externals that can be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, and what about the spot where boss is tanked and where the players throwing the Pure Light stay?

Because we saw that we're spawned a few yards away from where the adds converge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Alright, and what about the spot where boss is tanked and where the players throwing the Pure Light stay?

Because we saw that we're spawned a few yards away from where the adds converge.
    We made a triangle.

A mark (star) would be in the dead center of the room that you find through trial and error. This is the mark that needs to have the ball every time adds are spawning so they get grouped up. We put 2 other marks at the 2 other points (diamond and square) of the triangle. The boss is tanked inbetween the Diamond and square and the ball is passed between those 2 marks so they are within cleave range of the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright

Thanks a lot!

I just want to add in to say that you don't need to have a warrior die by the sword.
    We had some streamers comment on our progression night and noted that you can have 4 ppl sent to the platform by having the tank step out of the light (and taunting for aggro since the light is a fixate mechanic), it'll send 3 dps and a healer and let you keep an additional dps on the main platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I just want to add in to say that you don't need to have a warrior die by the sword.
    We had some streamers comment on our progression night and noted that you can have 4 ppl sent to the platform by having the tank step out of the light (and taunting for aggro since the light is a fixate mechanic), it'll send 3 dps and a healer and let you keep an additional dps on the main platform.
    Pretty neat, though the 1 extra dps isn't going to make or break your attempt. TBH, I'd rather that one person just afk the whole phase to ensure they don't die :P

Good to know though, our DbtS warrior that does the taunting for each first cackle is always super bored on our attempts o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to find the center easly of Dread Expanse?

Is the center of the minimap?

THanks,
    Ogait

Use the minimap to find the center, then throw a mark down. The mark will stay there between pulls.

Rogue - Really good for P2. Strong asset to bring.
    Warlock - All of them should be affliction. All of them should have Kil'jaden cunning. They are the single strongest class in the fight, by a lot.
    Mage - Arcane Arcane Arcane. Anyone who says go frost or fire is wrong and dumb. Go Arcane and AoE from melee range. Mages are also awesome on this fight.
    Hunter - Very strong, but must be Survival. BM is pointless. Best class to be the "anchor" for ball tossing because they can deterrence the burrow on a 1m CD and have good AoE coverage from range.
    Warrior - Warriors should stay on the boss sub 20%. After a certain point the entire raid will be AoEing the adds first (we say 6 adds, wave 1), and doing "what they can" to Sha after adds are weak or inbetween via multi-dotting. The necessary decay of Sha of Fear's HP between burrows depreciates from 4% before this to 3%. Warriors however, can do both sub 20%. Their Execute almost backpacks the raid's DPS on Sha as everyone else is AoEing. Their AoE the rest of the fight is fantastic. And if something stupid happens and the wrong tank gets naked, they can get naked too in a pinch and not die. Also they are pretty great in Phase 1 if you do the platform lockout strat.

There really isn't anything that does badly on Sha of Fear. But if you had to pick your strongest classes for DPS they'd be:
    Ranged in order: Warlock, Ele Shaman, Mages, Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Hunter
    Melee: Frost DK DW, Warrior, Feral Druid, Rogue, Monk, Ret, Enh Shaman