Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you be ok with a race that couldn't use any of your mounts?

With all the speculation for races etc in future expansions, two that VERY regularly that come up are..

Naga for Alliance and Ogre for Horde.

The problem with both of these is mechanical. Ogres are larger than taurens and will look ridiculous on any mounts, let alone be able to fit through doors.
    Naga have tails so can't really straddle many mounts.

Most obvious solution i'd say is design a SPECIFIC ground and flying mount /spell for each race... and then they can't use any other mounts. NONE.

Most players have numerous, if not dozens, of other characters that can use all of their other mounts... but when you have hundreds of mounts, would you be ok having one character that you can't use them on?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    And what if someone likes ogres or naga so much that they make every toon they have an ogre or naga?

I play almost exclusively tauren. I don't see it being farfetched that other people would play exclusive x race they like. Why leave them mountless?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I dunno, I wouldn't say it would be an issue, Ogre's could be made more in line with Tauren sizes, they could be an off shoot from regular ogres that happen to be slightly smaller.

Naga, well I can also imagine Blizzard could work around their tails, and make them able to mount normal mounts. I don't think it's as big of an issue as most people want to believe.

However neither race bothers me all that much as playable races, so It wouldn't bother me if they couldn't use all the mounts I have, as Ii probably wouldn't roll either one!

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must be bored.

Not every Ogre is as big/bigger than a Tauren, there are some Ogres which are smaller, they would fit through doors easily.If they would add Ogres, they would most likely use these ones.As for Nagas, they can sit like this:

I don't see why either of them shouldn't be able to use any mounts, when there are definitely ways of making it look right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with it, could just have something like running wild, except for naga they would just slither and ogres could... i dunno.... charge?

I'm sure there are quests where you are either in a disguise or transformed into an ogre and they weird sitting animations.

I remember one quest with an ogre named Lunk where he rides spiders by belly flopping on them XD

Yes, i'd be fine with it. Would prefer Dryad (Alliance)/Centaur (Horde) though. If Horde got Ogres however, i'd prefer High Elves for the Alliance in place of Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    And what if someone likes ogres or naga so much that they make every toon they have an ogre or naga?

I play almost exclusively tauren. I don't see it being farfetched that other people would play exclusive x race they like. Why leave them mountless?
    I don't think the OP is meanging they wouldn't have any mounts...rather they would only be able to use the race specific ones and not all the other ones you've acquired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    With all the speculation for races etc in future expansions, two that VERY regularly that come up are..

Naga for Alliance and Ogre for Horde.

The problem with both of these is mechanical. Ogres are larger than taurens and will look ridiculous on any mounts, let alone be able to fit through doors.
    Naga have tails so can't really straddle many mounts.

Most obvious solution i'd say is design a SPECIFIC ground and flying mount /spell for each race... and then they can't use any other mounts. NONE.

Most players have numerous, if not dozens, of other characters that can use all of their other mounts... but when you have hundreds of mounts, would you be ok having one character that you can't use them on?
    there are ogres that are shorter than taurens. just pointing that out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Course not. I'd avoid it like the plague.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Not sure on the Ogres but the Naga could ride side saddle.

My Alliance toons can't use my Horde mounts and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    there are ogres that are shorter than taurens. just pointing that out.
    Something people always forget. Playable tauren were shrunk down a good bit. Ogres don't even need to be shrunk down.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make ogres be the Mok'nathal like Rexxar. http://www.wowpedia.org/images/0/09/Rexxar1.jpg He looks like he could fit on a mount.

Playable Ogres could easily be made Tauren-sized. And I'm sure they can jam the Naga animation onto a standard mount saddle.

Hell, have you ever looked closely at your model sitting on a mount? The legs are all messed up and you're holding onto nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'd pay any price to roll a naga girl with 6 arms and snake hair. if mounts is the price, than so be it!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Why do you want Nagas for the Alliance ? It doesn't fit with any lore, their phisioligy is ridiculous for a playable race.

HIGH ELVES FOR ALLIANCE, THAT'S OBVIOUS AND THAT'S ALL

OMG GET THAT NAGA IN THAT CHOPPA !

^ waiting for the day i can say this on vent in a rbg

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of Ogre's as a playable class, they're too dull minded by nature. You wouldn't think a dumb as a rock race like Ogre would be capable of slaying Azeroth's most powerful enemies. I could see Naga as a playable race, but Ogre is just too far fetched imo. Unless there's something I'm completely missing, in which case please feel free to fill me in.

Deleted
    Actually Vrykulls are being mentioned as aplayable race by alot more people that want/expect nagas
    i mean seriously who the hell wants to paly a fish?