Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Titan Announcement at This Years Blizzcon?

What do people think about this?
    Signature Nazi's suck.

I am sure they will dangle the carrot a bit more. Maybe a teaser trailer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I say it might happen, maybe... But who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they dont announce anything about it, there gonna be alot of pissed off people at blizzcon lol thats riot material
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

not sure. IF it's a MMORPG, I still don't think Blizz would actually release it while the're still doing wow expacs. Different game/settings or not, it wouldn't be wise to be your own competition and risk spreading out your players too much.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    not sure. IF it's a MMORPG, I still don't think Blizz would actually release it while the're still doing wow expacs. Different game/settings or not, it wouldn't be wise to be your own competition and risk spreading out your players too much.
    They could announce it for 2015, which should be about the time their next wow expansion is winding down.

I just want something more than a name.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

All signs point to...maybe

Deleted
    Tbh I think it's gonna be multi-platform, and considering the PS4 and Xbox 720 will probably both be out next spring, I think they'll announce Titan. They want it on there, like Bungie is doing with Destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's theoretically possible, but I think next year (or the following) is more likely for an announcement. They can't be very far along in development; probably just general framework, etc.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think it's theoretically possible, but I think next year (or the following) is more likely for an announcement. They can't be very far along in development; probably just general framework, etc.
    What makes you say that? Didn't they first announce titan in 09?

I mean I guess if you pour every inkling of research into making "the game that will finally replace wow" then I suppose 8+ years of development is reasonable, but it seems like they dropped their plans for a new IP "for ever ago" and we still know NOTHING.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

How can you say its not very far along in development?! This makes no sense haha. In 2007, there was that mysterious job listing for a next gen MMO and in 2008, Mike Morhaime verified it was a new game. That is 5-6 years of development.......

We will get an announcement this Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    I don't think they have ever officially announced Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be very surprised if there's no information on Titan this blizzcon, they have to be ready to tell us something about it by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post

I mean I guess if you pour every inkling of research into making "the game that will finally replace wow" then I suppose 8+ years of development is reasonable, but it seems like they dropped their plans for a new IP "for ever ago" and we still know NOTHING.
    Well, it's just conjecture (same as anyone)....

I don't recall the year they announced it, but they didn't start building a development team until a couple years ago. Considering how long development of these kinds of things takes, I wouldn't expect them to have much done as far as the actual game. I'd expect stuff like story, goals, themes, concept art, etc but not a lot in terms of the actual game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think they have ever officially announced Titan.
    I think they technically announced a new game that was codenamed Titan. However that is all that they have given us, we know the codename and that it is an MMO of some type.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think they abandoned Titan a couple years ago

Deleted
    If you don't hear from a blue saying otherwise by June or July I would say it was safe to assume that we will hear something of it at Blizzcon.

didnt the last quarter report thing say projected 2015 release? dont expect anything till 2014
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    How can you say its not very far along in development?! This makes no sense haha. In 2007, there was that mysterious job listing for a next gen MMO and in 2008, Mike Morhaime verified it was a new game. That is 5-6 years of development.......

We will get an announcement this Blizzcon.
    It's actually 5-6 of potential development, for all we've know they've only been brainstorming and the likes. They might only have a general design and perhaps some artwork going, but who can tell? I'm really hoping they'll reveal something, atleast.

Deleted
    Well, it's just conjecture (same as anyone)....

I don't recall the year they announced it, but they didn't start building a development team until a couple years ago. Considering how long development of these kinds of things takes, I wouldn't expect them to have much done as far as the actual game. I'd expect stuff like story, goals, themes, concept art, etc but not a lot in terms of the actual game.

The game was being conceptualized at least in 2006/2007. Much of the core development team of WoW moved to Titan in 2009, by the end of WotLK.

Many officials have since updated us on the progress of the game, stating that it was in full production around 2009 if memory serves.

I'd say most of the coding is done, placeholder graphics are there, while designers are putting the world together piece by piece. Final graphics and so on are probably also being made, but being tweaked until release 1-2 years from now.