Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why 496 blue capes wont cost justice instead of VP?

it makes since to make it cost justice not a 980 vp its going to be a very hard thing to get people to get when people will be saving for the 522 gear that cost 2200vp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a problem with the colour of the item? Blizzard should've just painted it purple in the first place if you ask me.

Maybe if you spoke English....lol

They cost Valor because Blizz doesnt want people zooming past the old raids. They already said they want it to be faster than old xpacs, but slower than Cata. But with Gold coins dropping from mobs and such, Im sure you can be 500ilvl quite quickly even on alts, especially with the 10% nerf to 5.0 raids.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    it makes since to make it cost justice not a 980 vp its going to be a very hard thing to get people to get when people will be saving for the 522 gear that cost 2200vp.
    I find VP easier to get than JP. It is like you talk to a guy and he throws 5 vp in the back of your head when you leave. Sure there is a cap to cap the caps but .. [edit] <- refers to dailies of course of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Maybe if you spoke English....lol

They cost Valor because Blizz doesnt want people zooming past the old raids. They already said they want it to be faster than old xpacs, but slower than Cata. But with Gold coins dropping from mobs and such, Im sure you can be 500ilvl quite quickly even on alts, especially with the 10% nerf to 5.0 raids.
    I would like to point out I am currently at the start of my second week of a fresh 90 who, after today's LFRs will have enough valor to purchase another item, if I do to get any drops and shoot above the 480 ilvl requirement for 5.2 LFR. I could easily hold on to that and cap for two more weeks and buy three items and hot close to 490. But the point stands, it really does not take that long if you really want to gear your toon out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Took me 5 days to get a new 90 to 480 item level, its so easy I'm not sure what the fuss is about MoP not being alt friendly.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Do you have a problem with the colour of the item? Blizzard should've just painted it purple in the first place if you ask me.
    There is no difference in stat budget between green blue and purple items any more, so it doesn't matter except to confuse people like OP. They should just move away from item colors and have one white/grey category and one 'magic' category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    There is no difference in stat budget between green blue and purple items any more, so it doesn't matter except to confuse people like OP. They should just move away from item colors and have one white/grey category and one 'magic' category.
    That's why I said that they should've just poured a bucket of purple paint over the item name. ^^

People get way too hung up over a colour and fail to look at stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Took me 5 days to get a new 90 to 480 item level, its so easy I'm not sure what the fuss is about MoP not being alt friendly.
    No offence, but can you tell us your "time played" in stead of 5 days...

I know some ppl can get full honour gear in 2 days however for me it took more than a week but yeh, they play 10h/each day. In the end we both invested more or less the same time...

im not complaining about color just ilvl of the stuff and lack of justice gear in next pacth in cata they kept giving a bit beter gear for justice each tier i'm just thinking why would i get a 496 when i can get a 522 for same currency and with them increasing the amount of jp per boss kill in heroic's to 90 it just makes since to add stuff like that to justice points sure 496 is a bit much but 489 gear for justice would be idea.
    Last edited by fireywrath; 2013-02-21 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    im not complaining about color just ilvl of the stuff and lack of justice gear in next pacth in cata they kept giving a bit beter gear for justice each tier i'm just thinking why would i get a 496 when i can get a 522 for same currency and with them increasing the amount of jp per boss kill in heroic's to 90 it just makes since to add stuff like that to justice points sure 496 is a bit much but 489 gear for justice would be idea.
    because the 496 requires no rep, and the 522 does. If you wanna wait, then wait for the 552 rep, if not, get the 496. it's simple.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 days playing 1-2 hours each day?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must have been very fortunate with drops or buying/crafting epics or did an extreme amount of PvP'ing.

As a contrast, my warrior has been level 90 for about 10 weeks and is still only ilvl476 and I spend about 5 hours of gametime on him every week. Doesn't help that a weapon will just not drop from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    because the 496 requires no rep, and the 522 does. If you wanna wait, then wait for the 552 rep, if not, get the 496. it's simple.
    Um, the 496 Kirin Tor/Sunreaver cloak requires Revered with the faction. But yeah, you'll still get Revered with the daily faction faster than the Shado-Pan Assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably just temporarily listed as the wrong quality on the PTR.

You will be able to buy 458 through 496 on AH and walk into HoF the same day you ding 90. If your group is skilled enough you will prob be able to beat a handful of normal modes in the new raid with out being 480.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    No offence, but can you tell us your "time played" in stead of 5 days...

I know some ppl can get full honour gear in 2 days however for me it took more than a week but yeh, they play 10h/each day. In the end we both invested more or less the same time...
    You can buy several 496 items the day you ding, 0 hours, you can pvp for an hour (play double dps and rushdown, you win or lose in the first minute) and get a piece from conquest points there, possibly do a few heroics=~2 hours (not required at all) and that's more than enough to enter any normal raid pug if you have the experience on your main, msv+hof+terrace=~5 hours. Bam, you're at 480 ilvl in 6-8 hours, depending on how well you know people you could probably pug msv hc on the first week as well.

pure luck that's all it is

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    10 hours a day is not required at all. Farm the faction bosses in Krasarang (they reset every 50 minutes approximately) since they all drop a commendation worth 250 honor points unmodified. Guild bonuses and the three standards all effect the actual amount earned. Kill the three bosses, drop a standard, earn close to 1k honor.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You can buy several 496 items the day you ding, 0 hours, you can pvp for an hour (play double dps and rushdown, you win or lose in the first minute) and get a piece from conquest points there, possibly do a few heroics=~2 hours (not required at all) and that's more than enough to enter any normal raid pug if you have the experience on your main, msv+hof+terrace=~5 hours. Bam, you're at 480 ilvl in 6-8 hours, depending on how well you know people you could probably pug msv hc on the first week as well.
    And for the rest of us who don't have 100k + gold sitting around...? On my server anything past iLevel 476 is like 20 - 30k minimum.

I can guarantee you the vast majority don't have that kind of money (after gearing my main I'm down to like 11k) and I assume most people won't be pugging MSV H on a fresh 90. So you can't exactly say the game is "alt friendly" because someone in a top guild can quickly gear up an alt.
    Last edited by Resies; 2013-02-21 at 04:01 PM.