Upgrading from GTX 460

Hey guys.
    My computer is currently running two component which I am now desperate to upgrade, my AMD Phenom II x4 (3.4ghz) and my GTX 460 1GB (overclocked more).

I wish to put the main bulk of my money towards a new processor as that is where most of my games bottleneck. If possible, is there any decent graphics card available at an affordable price with a nice increase in power? (under €200)

Thanks!
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

GPU wise you should be able to find a nice Radeon 7870 or GTX 660 around that price.

As for the CPU I'm not sure what you are looking for, if your Phenom is having issues in games the best bet is to get a Intel CPU since what AMD offers aren't much stronger than the old Phenom when it comes to single core performance which I assume is where you lack power.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    GPU wise you should be able to find a nice Radeon 7870 or GTX 660 around that price.

As for the CPU I'm not sure what you are looking for, if your Phenom is having issues in games the best bet is to get a Intel CPU since what AMD offers aren't much stronger than the old Phenom when it comes to single core performance which I assume is where you lack power.
    Thanks the GTX 660 looks nice! It's a pity it uses the same power consumptions but I can get over that.
    To be honest, my computer can comfortably play every PC games I own and use applications like Photoshop and Sony Vegas with ease.
    I have the unfortunate habit of being a quality freak and I feel like my processor and graphics card are getting very very old at this stage (especially my processor) so I just felt it was maybe time to upgrade them.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally just upgraded from a 460 to a 660, maybe 3-4 months ago, and I've been very happy with the results. I'm not sure why the power usage is an issue for you. Same power consumption for a much better card seems like a plus, no?

Technically, the 660 uses less. 140w vs the 460's 160w.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

check this out.

As of today I think the conversion from Dollar to Euro is 1 Dollar = 0.76 Euro

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-4.html
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    As of today I think the conversion from Dollar to Euro is 1 Dollar = 0.76 Euro
    Has no relevance. It's closer to 1:1 in the real world