Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It is not difficult to use abilities within miliseconds of when they come off cooldown; you just mash that button real fast when it's about to.

The only good reason for why you wouldn't use it the second it's up, as in planned for use right after a cast-time spell, or just whenever if you're standing there without anything useful to heal at that moment, is if you really can't justify its use at the time because you're in the middle of an epicenter or a breath of light or something. But if it's the case that, even when you spend up to 1/3rd of the fight in situations like that, it's still just as strong as mindbender, it looks like no contest to me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I really have no desire to take it outside of damage buff fights. Not to mention getting used to managing a 3min shadow fiend again. Also, if you have a sha weapon mindbender /shadow fiend are off the gcd, just a note

The mana gain is so small it's not worth it on an everyday basis, especially when you think about how much damage mindbender brings itself
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    It is not difficult to use abilities within miliseconds of when they come off cooldown; you just mash that button real fast when it's about to.

The only good reason for why you wouldn't use it the second it's up, as in planned for use right after a cast-time spell, or just whenever if you're standing there without anything useful to heal at that moment, is if you really can't justify its use at the time because you're in the middle of an epicenter or a breath of light or something. But if it's the case that, even when you spend up to 1/3rd of the fight in situations like that, it's still just as strong as mindbender, it looks like no contest to me.
    The problem isn't being able to cast it on cooldown.

The problem, is the cooldown coming up during a part of a fight where you cannot afford to take your fingers away from your other healing spells to cast a mana regeneration spell.

Heroic fights are extremley unforgiving in that sense, one wrong press and it could either be the cause of a death, or a wipe.

Solace: Each time you cast a healing spell, you have a chance to gain Power Word: Solace. for 10 seconds, you are granted .5% of your mana every 2 seconds, 10 second cooldown.

Give it like a... 30% chance to proc.

Although, at that point they might as well just make it holy concentration again.. which id orgasm over if holy had again >_> best regen talent ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Brightmist did the math and said that it would take 5 Solace per minute (with Shadowfiend) to be better than Mindbender... 4 to be equal. That leaves just about no room for error or spending a GCD on anything else in order to maintain the current mana regen levels of Mindbender.
    Do you have a link for this? 4/min is actually not bad and the talent wouldn't be horrible at that rate... I get something more like 6/min for breakeven (but my math may be wrong)

If you look at solace next to mindbender for other things then mana return, couldn't you say mind bender also would do more damage to the target you have it on?

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:17 PM ----------

Also, for calculating mana returns, are you factoring in 1 maybe 2 hymn of hopes to boost the mana return of mind bender?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    I almost feel like the new solace is worse then th old one...

And I know for a fact no holy priest in their right mind would take it.. Even if it does heal >_>
    It's certainly better now for Holy than it was, and on fights that feature a damage modifier it may be an interesting option.