Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Similar to what I got before.

I would just aim for crit~haste>mastery for arms. will be busy the next days, so likely no big updates.

Arms is just a mess.

It won't be rebalanced until they stop with the gimmicks and get back to basics.

Slam is stupid and has been stupid since WoW was released. Why they keep trying to make slam "good" is beyond pathetic.

I'm curious if the changes to Haste will make Troll superior to Orc now, while I enjoy being Orc, it would be nice for a visual change after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Arms is just a mess.

It won't be rebalanced until they stop with the gimmicks and get back to basics.

Slam is stupid and has been stupid since WoW was released. Why they keep trying to make slam "good" is beyond pathetic.
    This makes no sense to me.. Remember arms in cata?

I dont know what ur talking about,I just know I was first on dps at first boss in throne,as Arms with stormbolt.
    25 normal

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    This makes no sense to me.. Remember arms in cata?
    Newsflash: This isn't Cata. Arms represents almost nothing how it was in Cata either.

Deleted
    Newsflash: This isn't Cata. Arms represents almost nothing how it was in Cata either.
    Slam is stupid and has been stupid since WoW was released.
    As far as I know, Cata fits in the "Since WoW was released --- Now" timeline. Slam wasn't stupid in cata.
    You are not making much sense.

Cata-Arms' Slam was fun. I loved playing Arms during Dragon Soul.
    Slam was amusing (if not a tool just to make me better) for Fury during WotLK. Stupid Bloodsurge, I miss you.
    I didn't play prior to that, but I haven't had a problem with Slam until recently where it's just a lowball filler.

Also, I was 2nd on Jin'Rohk with stormbolt, but that's with items 502 scaled. If it was higher (like 517), I would of been a lot lower. Not to mention that's a single target fight. A lot of dps benefit from cleave/aoe without sacrificing single target too much (warlocks, dks, rogues, boomkins, mages, spriests). On Tortos, I could only sit 4th and that was with good cd+Bladestorms as TG Fury. Arms I floated around 8-12th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Cata-Arms' Slam was fun. I loved playing Arms during Dragon Soul.
    Slam was amusing (if not a tool just to make me better) for Fury during WotLK. Stupid Bloodsurge, I miss you.
    I didn't play prior to that, but I haven't had a problem with Slam until recently where it's just a lowball filler.

Also, I was 2nd on Jin'Rohk with stormbolt, but that's with items 502 scaled. If it was higher (like 517), I would of been a lot lower. Not to mention that's a single target fight. A lot of dps benefit from cleave/aoe without sacrificing single target too much (warlocks, dks, rogues, boomkins, mages, spriests). On Tortos, I could only sit 4th and that was with good cd+Bladestorms as TG Fury. Arms I floated around 8-12th.
    The problem with low number cleave (2-3 targets) for arms is that the cost is huge to hit only one extra target. True, Blood and Thunder is nice due to the buff of deep wounds, but I'm not sure it'll be enough with only 1 extra target. Meanwhile fury's natural AoE through RB/WW interaction is mad crazy. SS should be buffed to say 75% damage, or 15 rage or something. Otherwise Arm's will suffer on smaller cleave fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The problem with low number cleave (2-3 targets) for arms is that the cost is huge to hit only one extra target. True, Blood and Thunder is nice due to the buff of deep wounds, but I'm not sure it'll be enough with only 1 extra target. Meanwhile fury's natural AoE through RB/WW interaction is mad crazy. SS should be buffed to say 75% damage, or 15 rage or something. Otherwise Arm's will suffer on smaller cleave fights.
    Unfortunately, anything between three and five targets (currently AND in ptr) are miserable for arms, because the most we can do at this point is simply apply Deep Wounds with clap and whirlwind/dragon's roar for just a small amount of targets. To do all of that and keep sweeping strikes up just eats your rage.

AoE fights for Arms on the other hand, outshine Fury completely. With the incoming Deep Wounds buff to Arms, and the nature of Thunder Clap, you can apply deep wounds while resetting Bloodbath from a very big DR, refresh with our newer 20 Rage whirlwind. Unfortunately, that's mostly delegated to trash, seeing as how adds come in smaller packs in raid phases. At the least, Arms does get better at cleaves for the next patch, albeit very slightly. Deep Wounds receiving the buff and whirlwind having its rage cost reduced just makes it seem like the code monkeys at Blizzard saw Arms falling off in AoE damage, and it honestly feels like a hotfix on PTR.

I think it has been said before, but I agree with the thought that Arms is a trainwreck; although its a very enjoyable trainwreck to see Colossus Smash reset four times in perfect succession. Switching from Protection from 1.4 to 3.3 and immediately coming into MoP as Melee DPS as a Warrior was exciting at first, but that's mainly because I've never really played Fury or Arms for the sake of raiding. I find both specs to be enjoyable, at the very least. Although initially I could only look at Warriors and their 51 points into Fury with disdain, since they always took TWO weapons. ' 3'

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    In 5.0 and 5.1 the sweeper glyph at least has some uses due to free OP, but for 5.2 it feels that Arms cannot do cleave damage at all. Although they could try to fix it again by increasing the sweeping strikes glyph rage return back from 1 to 2 (if not even to 3) like it was before 5.0 going live. It was too good before because of a lot of possible free special attacks (due to op procs), but since now we don't have them that much, it would make sense to give some strengths due to all the weaknesses the spec has (in reality no rage income, nonexistent burst, low sustained mobility).
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-02-22 at 12:16 PM.

Whut? this doesnt even make any sense. The arms we have today doesnt represent arms in cata caused they took something extremely efficent and comfortable (where u did use slam) and destroyed it in the name of changes. But that doesn't change that arms (and slam) was good in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanery View Post
    Unfortunately, anything between three and five targets (currently AND in ptr) are miserable for arms, because the most we can do at this point is simply apply Deep Wounds with clap and whirlwind/dragon's roar for just a small amount of targets. To do all of that and keep sweeping strikes up just eats your rage.

AoE fights for Arms on the other hand, outshine Fury completely. With the incoming Deep Wounds buff to Arms, and the nature of Thunder Clap, you can apply deep wounds while resetting Bloodbath from a very big DR, refresh with our newer 20 Rage whirlwind. Unfortunately, that's mostly delegated to trash, seeing as how adds come in smaller packs in raid phases. At the least, Arms does get better at cleaves for the next patch, albeit very slightly. Deep Wounds receiving the buff and whirlwind having its rage cost reduced just makes it seem like the code monkeys at Blizzard saw Arms falling off in AoE damage, and it honestly feels like a hotfix on PTR.

I think it has been said before, but I agree with the thought that Arms is a trainwreck; although its a very enjoyable trainwreck to see Colossus Smash reset four times in perfect succession. Switching from Protection from 1.4 to 3.3 and immediately coming into MoP as Melee DPS as a Warrior was exciting at first, but that's mainly because I've never really played Fury or Arms for the sake of raiding. I find both specs to be enjoyable, at the very least. Although initially I could only look at Warriors and their 51 points into Fury with disdain, since they always took TWO weapons. ' 3'
    Arms was doing great damage at the start of raiding HOF (first 1-3 weeks) on Wind Lord because of deep wounds and TC (Glyphed). But now with better weapons and gear, Fury outscales it so much better. Also, before the nerf to SS on garalon.

Honestly, if they increased the scaling of TC that might help. I still think the rage cost of SS is too much.

I really enjoyed raiding as Arms at the start of MOP. I wish it were viable.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-02-22 at 05:40 PM.