Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    I'm surprised this thread is still open.
    ?? did i post in the wrong section Brash? Do new ideas make you angry? That's why people are racist you know..they are afraid of what they dont understand/know. Please be constructive next time you post here, thanks again!

I think it would be cool if a game such as this existed. Probably wouldn't play it that much but it would be cool to see. On the slight chance you are trolling (not saying you are) than this was a fine troll had I believe you have rustled quite a few jimmies here. Regardless I tip my hat to you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This thread is pure win. 10/10. I love the ideas, especially if it is a seperate server. Make the server most closely resembling real life as you can get.

What do you all think about being able to roll on a server like this? I got a ton of people liking my cast timer to repairs thread, so why not take it a step further?

There is 0 immersion having a cast bar load in order to repair your armor. ZERO immersion.

You don't take your shoes to a cobblers and stand there waiting while a loading bar fills up and the cobblers all like *ok sir thats them all resoled!*

Immersion would be, taking them to a Tailor, leatherworker, blacksmith etc and seeing them holding your armor and seeing them actually stitching and mending, or taking a hammer to your chest plate and beating out the dents etc. then handing you it back.

Honestly OP, I'm all for immersive game play, but not what you are laying out. It feels like a certain poster has made a second account just so he can agree with himself.. either that or he found a fan:P lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    There is 0 immersion having a cast bar load in order to repair your armor. ZERO immersion.

You don't take your shoes to a cobblers and stand there waiting while a loading bar fills up and the cobblers all like *ok sir thats them all resoled!*

Immersion would be, taking them to a Tailor, leatherworker, blacksmith etc and seeing them holding your armor and seeing them actually stitching and mending, or taking a hammer to your chest plate and beating out the dents etc. then handing you it back.

Honestly OP, I'm all for immersive game play, but not what you are laying out. It feels like a certain poster has made a second account just so he can agree with himself.. either that or he found a fan:P lol
    Why are you mad with my idea? Would it hurt you in game if it was implemented? Seriously, if you read the thread you would know it is a max of a 30 second cast, and you could even see the blacksmith doing something with his hands as if he was repairing your armor.

Have all players lost the creative minds they once had when they were little? (there is a difference between being creative, and thinking pandas and pokemon is not childish, just sayin)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The only time I'm not logged in is when I'm sleeping. I guess my toon goes to sleep at the same time because when I log back in he's always well rested.
    roflmao in rl

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you mad with my idea? Would it hurt you in game if it was implemented? Seriously, if you read the thread you would know it is a max of a 30 second cast, and you could even see the blacksmith doing something with his hands as if he was repairing your armor.

Have all players lost the creative minds they once had when they were little? (there is a difference between being creative, and thinking pandas and pokemon is not childish, just sayin)
    Yes, it would hurt me. I don't want to watch a freaking cast bar after a raid wipe. You're adding tedium for no good reason. This is NOT immersion. There's nothing immersive about watching some NPC channel some spell.
    Putin khuliyo

Lol I am in no way mad trust me i giggle at everything you spout

I find it hilarious you call a cast bar creative, yet refuse to notice the -actual- creative ideas people have put forward that -would- actually make repairs more immersive. I also love how you go back to the the Pandas and pokemon, childish routine to have a dig at anyone that doesn't agree with you

You are a piece of work Jaylock. Please continue to give me something to laugh at!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yes, it would hurt me. I don't want to watch a freaking cast bar after a raid wipe. You're adding tedium for no good reason. This is NOT immersion. There's nothing immersive about watching some NPC channel some spell.
    This is kind of what is wrong with America (yes, im american). We want everything now now now! If you went to go get a tire changed do you tell everyone how slow they are because your tire wasn't fixed immediately? Good things come in time.

Immersion is 50/50 game/user. If you aren't going to try and immerse yourself you are only going to get 50% of the experience and you are nuts if you think the other half needs to be covered by Blizzard to specifically cater to yourself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:02 AM ----------

No Jaylock, players are plenty creative. We just think your idea is about as creative as a 2 year old drooling all over a colouring book.

Hold on, guys. I have to log in to my toon to do my daily sleeping.

I think there are ways to make a game have more immersion, but I don't think this is the way.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2013-02-22 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    So i saw a forum post by a veteran poster about changes that should be made to make the game more realistic. This got me thinking about how cool it would be to have a server where your toon needed to sleep and you couldn't play your toon during this time...or perhaps he could get sick. What do you think? I've played the game for a looooong time and i know for a FACT that people that have been playing as long as me (since the beginning of cata) that people will generally agree with me. Since most of you will be saying how good this idea is, just keep it to a minimum so we dont fill up the forum with pages of "you are awesome and smart".
    Sorry guys, can't raid tonight the main tank's character has aids

This is kind of what is wrong with America (yes, im american). We want everything now now now! If you went to go get a tire changed do you tell everyone how slow they are because your tire wasn't fixed immediately? Good things come in time.
    I dunno about you, but when I have to go food shopping or get tires replaced, or go pay my bills, I am not doing it because its fun, I do it because it needs to be done, in order that I eat, that I can get to work, that I have a roof over my head.

I play games in the small amount of time I have to myself that isn't taking up with work and real life responsibilites. I don't want to have to spend my free time, my entertainment, doing mundane menial tasks that I -have- to do in real life. thats why its called a game, entertainment, hobby, something you do for fun. Why do people want to do mundane stuff in their free time that is set aside for relaxing and enjoying themselves? *rolls eyes*

Paraphrasing Ghostcrawler, if you want realism, ask that they make all the zones and cities to scale so that it takes you days to cross a continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, god forbid I skip over tedium in a VIDEO GAME to get back to the entertaining parts of the VIDEO GAME.

Key word there is GAME. I play WoW to play, not work. And yes, I'll complain if they don't fix my tire in a timely manner.
    Putin khuliyo

I dunno about you, but when I have to go food shopping or get tires replaced, or go pay my bills, I am not doing it because its fun, I do it because it needs to be done, in order that I eat, that I can get to work, that I have a roof over my head.

I play games in the small amount of time I have to myself that isn't taking up with work and real life responsibilites. I don't want to have to spend my free time, my entertainment, doing mundane menial tasks that I -have- to do in real life. thats why its called a game, entertainment, hobby, something you do for fun. Why do people want to do mundane stuff in their free time that is set aside for relaxing and enjoying themselves? *rolls eyes*
    What you are saying makes sense, however, do you do dailies? do you do dungeons? level alts? do you run LFR? i think someone like you should understand where im going with this now. *blinks*

What you are saying makes sense, however, do you do dailies? do you do dungeons? level alts? do you run LFR? i think someone like you should understand where im going with this now. *blinks*
    This might surprise you but people enjoy dailies, dungeons, alts and even LFR. End game raids aren't the only thing to do in this game and thank god for that, it'd be a bloody droll, dull, and lame game if that was *it*.

What you are saying makes sense, however, do you do dailies? do you do dungeons? level alts? do you run LFR? i think someone like you should understand where im going with this now.
    I do things I have fun doing, If I am in the mood to do dailies I do them, If I run LFR it's because I want to, I have a multitude of alts, because I love levelling and questing, all those things I find fun, what I don't find fun is being cut off from playing for x hours a day because someone wants us to be in our beds sleeping to mimic real life. There can be a small closness to real life in games, but when it puts in a mechanic that is pretty meaningless, and shuts you out of the game for X hours for no reason other than to mimic real life.. then nope.

Remember alot of people can only play late evenings early mornings too, so pretty much they wouldn't beable to play if your *have to sleep* mechanic was put in place?

I'm all for immersion, but there is a point where it goes too far and is worthless.

Game definitely needs to be more immersive.
    They could start by reducing your inventory space to 1 bag. I mean seriously, who carries around more than one backpack?

Also if you dismount your mount should be removed from your spellbook and begin to run/fly away and you'll have to catch it again. Unless you bind it to a post or something.

Also strafing needs to be removed from the game, nobody walks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This might surprise you but people enjoy dailies, dungeons, alts and even LFR. End game raids aren't the only thing to do in this game and thank god for that, it'd be a bloody droll, dull, and lame game if that was *it*.
    Indeed Glad there are others that feel the same!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I am in no way mad trust me i giggle at everything you spout

I find it hilarious you call a cast bar creative, yet refuse to notice the -actual- creative ideas people have put forward that -would- actually make repairs more immersive. I also love how you go back to the the Pandas and pokemon, childish routine to have a dig at anyone that doesn't agree with you

You are a piece of work Jaylock. Please continue to give me something to laugh at!
    Where does all the Jaylock hostility come from? Please give me an example as to why you and several other people treat me with hostility. Every time I post a brilliant idea or post, it gets shot down in a moments notice.

Please dont come here just to flame me and derail this great posters thread. I like some of the ideas that have been put forth for the repair thing. I never said i didnt like them. Are you putting words in my mouth? Because thats exactly what you are doing when I have never said anything about not liking the ideas.

As for the pokemon and panda thing, take it for what you will, but many MANY people agree with me that this game sunk to a whole new low when panda land was mentioned as an expansion.