Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Game definitely needs to be more immersive.
    They could start by reducing your inventory space to 1 bag. I mean seriously, who carries around more than one backpack?

Also if you dismount your mount should be removed from your spellbook and begin to run/fly away and you'll have to catch it again. Unless you bind it to a post or something.

Also strafing needs to be removed from the game, nobody walks like that.
    /cackles I like your thinking Sir Been a while since I've seen you around here too Doylez!

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    This might surprise you but people enjoy dailies, dungeons, alts and even LFR. End game raids aren't the only thing to do in this game and thank god for that, it'd be a bloody droll, dull, and lame game if that was *it*.
    Hello Constellation,

I think you and I are saying the same thing here. You say people do dailies,dungeons, alts and LFR because they enjoy it right? I'm saying the EXACT same thing but tweaking it a bit with washing your clothes, taking out the trash, killing orcs and rust proofing your armor/weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Where does all the Jaylock hostility come from? Please give me an example as to why you and several other people treat me with hostility. Every time I post a brilliant idea or post, it gets shot down in a moments notice.

Please dont come here just to flame me and derail this great posters thread. I like some of the ideas that have been put forth for the repair thing. I never said i didnt like them. Are you putting words in my mouth? Because thats exactly what you are doing when I have never said anything about not liking the ideas.

As for the pokemon and panda thing, take it for what you will, but many MANY people agree with me that this game sunk to a whole new low when panda land was mentioned as an expansion.
    There is no hostility, only laughter I think you know what you are doing whith how you word your posts, and the topics you bring up I don't think you are daft at all! Please continue^^

Where does all the Jaylock hostility come from?
    It's not hostility. You like to jump off the deep end as soon as anyone disagrees with you. This just encourages more people to more vocally disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might surprise you but people enjoy dailies, dungeons, alts and even LFR. End game raids aren't the only thing to do in this game and thank god for that, it'd be a bloody droll, dull, and lame game if that was *it*.
    You enjoy the endless daily grind? I dont think i've even seen a single person admit that. Grats to you tho.

At least in TBC people enjoyed grouping together and accomplishing difficult to accomplish goals. Now the "gimmie gimmie it now now now!" generation has got their grubby fingers on the game and turned it into a laughing stock, Walmart MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxtab View Post
    Hello Constellation,

I think you and I are saying the same thing here. You say people do dailies,dungeons, alts and LFR because they enjoy it right? I'm saying the EXACT same thing but tweaking it a bit with washing your clothes, taking out the trash, killing orcs and rust proofing your armor/weapons.
    Are we? I suppose some people could enjoy doing real world chores, paying bills and running errands. Some people even enjoy their RL job. BUt a lot of people do it cause they have to. You implied with your post that dailies, dungeons, LFR, leveling and the like are akin to chores and errands. That's not true. It's the adventure people pay $15 a month to experience and get minor rewards from it. That tiny sliver of the raiding population likes to pretend this majority doesn't exist...

You enjoy the endless daily grind? I dont think i've even seen a single person admit that. Grats to you tho.

At least in TBC people enjoyed grouping together and accomplishing difficult to accomplish goals. Now the "gimmie gimmie it now now now!" generation has got their grubby fingers on the game and turned it into a laughing stock, Walmart MMO.
    I don't find dailies to be a grind, because I don't see them as a *must do every day* thing. I do them when I want to, when I feel like doing them, not because *I must* People think them a grind, because they want the stuff they give, and complain its a grind that takes too long, those same people are more than likely the same ones you complain about wanting everything : "gimmie gimmie it now now now!" I do stuff cause I find it fun, or there is something I want so i put the time in if i want it !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Also if you dismount your mount should be removed from your spellbook and begin to run/fly away and you'll have to catch it again. Unless you bind it to a post or something.
    Yes and give druids or hunters the ability to order it stand still.
    Also strafing needs to be removed from the game, nobody walks like that.
    Not removed, just changed to the same as walking backwards speed.

Are we? I suppose some people could enjoy doing real world chores, paying bills and running errands. Some people even enjoy their RL job. BUt a lot of people do it cause they have to. You implied with your post that dailies, dungeons, LFR, leveling and the like are akin to chores and errands. That's not true. It's the adventure people pay $15 a month to experience and get minor rewards from it. That tiny sliver of the raiding population likes to pretend this majority doesn't exist...
    Wow....way to generalize and speak for so many people. Do you have statistics and sources to back your claim? I at least have support (for the most part) in this thread. You are entitled to your opinion but please dont rope in the entire community to your cause against their will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Constellation,

I dont see why people would NOT like this. All these things would make the game much more immersive than it currently is. I mean the game is all about UI queues.

Here is the typical WoW players day:

1) Log in WoW

2) Click Dungeon Finder Tool, que up for a random heroic

3) Click Raid finder tool, que up for Looking for.. well you know what you are looking for lol

4) Click Dungeon tool to do the holiday event

5) Log on another toon

6) Repeat steps 1-5 several times a day.

Its endless grind, and how is grinding in that way fun? At least in TBC it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think it would be a waste of resources and time.
    Oh come on. You're talking to somebody who locks people up in a ton and forces them to praise everything he comes up with. He probably tortures them, too.

I only do the daily quests I enjoy when they come up. If they don't come up I don't fret over not doing them. It's all part of valor cap. Why do I valor cap? I want to get valor gear. Why do I want that? Because I want to get my ilvl up on my alts for ToT LFR. Why? Because I'm paying a sub for content and that is what you need to do to see it. It's fun. A lot more fun than wiping on easy crap because some mindless git has to be carried along to heroic progression on account of being bros with the RL and they can't figure out how to stop fapping to recount and gtfo of bad. I've done hardcore raiding numerous times on and off since BC. Its fun until u hit a wall because of a handful of morons that never learn and can never be replaced for no good reasons. That aside, I enjoy all aspects of it now. I'd like to do nrmals and HC this expansion but I'm tired of the mediocre guilds on my server and don't feel like paying huge sums of money to move my toons.

Right, cause no one ever abused the group in TBC by turning master looter, ninjaing the single and only quest item and bailed... Ya, it's Walmart now, sorry you thought it was really exclusive when it was Sam's Club

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 05:22 AM ----------

Its endless grind, and how is grinding in that way fun? At least in TBC it was fun.
    You assume we aren't queueing with friends? If you aren't doing that maybe you are doing it wrong? I always queue with friends, I just don't need 4 others for a dungeon and 9 others for a raid. It wasn't fun pugging in BC. If you weren't guilded you never did shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I don't find dailies to be a grind, because I don't see them as a *must do every day* thing. I do them when I want to, when I feel like doing them, not because *I must* People think them a grind, because they want the stuff they give, and complain its a grind that takes too long, those same people are more than likely the same ones you complain about wanting everything : "gimmie gimmie it now now now!" I do stuff cause I find it fun, or there is something I want so i put the time in if i want it !
    I think you and I are saying the same thing here. Of course you do dailies because you want something, but at the same time, you DONT really want to do them. Deep down, you are thinking "this sucks that I am forced to do these stupid dailies to get the rep to get the <insert xyz item here> that i have always wanted."

Same goes for LFR and ppl being mad at not getting loot from the encounters.

Same goes for whining people about dungeon grinding.

I mean heck, if we were to put the tabard system back into the game to grind rep, people would complain and complain and complain. What makes you think that adding immersive ideas like Baxtab's would be a bad thing for the game? It would take peoples mind off the grind that is World of Grindcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take warcraft DVD. Put in bucket. Fill bucket with water. Game is now immersed in water. It is now more "immersive"

Now, go outside. Eat, sleep, drink, get laid.

EDIT: Buy a "tomagachi" and put it on your keyring. Take it outside with you or use it while playing your mmo.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-02-22 at 05:25 AM.

Wow....way to generalize and speak for so many people. Do you have statistics and sources to back your claim? I at least have support (for the most part) in this thread. You are entitled to your opinion but please dont rope in the entire community to your cause against their will.
    Yes, look at the number of people who raid and compare it to what 9.8 million? Not roping anyone; you are the types who think the only content that matters is raid content. Sorry it's not, it's only experienced by a smaller percentage of the playerbase even now. Go check blue posts, I don't care to waste my time providing you sources for what is common knowledge.

hi theWocky,

i dont mean to derail the post in any way but digital copies would like a word with you.

I think you and I are saying the same thing here. Of course you do dailies because you want something, but at the same time, you DONT really want to do them. Deep down, you are thinking "this sucks that I am forced to do these stupid dailies to get the rep to get the <insert xyz item here> that i have always wanted."
    No, Jaylock, if I don't want to play I log out, get up and do something else...

Same goes for LFR and ppl being mad at not getting loot from the encounters.
    In BC a tank could force a guild to bend their will and gear them up as they wanted of they would threaten to leave. Sounds like a real good setup there. Better give the tank the warglaives or we're not raiding til he's replaced...

Same goes for whining people about dungeon grinding.

I mean heck, if we were to put the tabard system back into the game to grind rep, people would complain and complain and complain. What makes you think that adding immersive ideas like Baxtab's would be a bad thing for the game? It would take peoples mind off the grind that is World of Grindcraft.
    Your entire argument is the grind was fun in BC but it's not any more. The grind wasn't fun in BC, the grind had restrictions to even move forward in it. It's open now, you do as much or as little as you want, you don't need to waste time in heroic dungeons beyond gear to run raids, etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi theWocky,

i dont mean to derail the post in any way but digital copies would like a word with you.
    Touche! He He

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do the daily quests I enjoy when they come up. If they don't come up I don't fret over not doing them. It's all part of valor cap. Why do I valor cap? I want to get valor gear. Why do I want that? Because I want to get my ilvl up on my alts for ToT LFR. Why? Because I'm paying a sub for content and that is what you need to do to see it. It's fun. A lot more fun than wiping on easy crap because some mindless git has to be carried along to heroic progression on account of being bros with the RL and they can't figure out how to stop fapping to recount and gtfo of bad. I've done hardcore raiding numerous times on and off since BC. Its fun until u hit a wall because of a handful of morons that never learn and can never be replaced for no good reasons. That aside, I enjoy all aspects of it now. I'd like to do nrmals and HC this expansion but I'm tired of the mediocre guilds on my server and don't feel like paying huge sums of money to move my toons.
    Who is talking about raiding? I havent mentioned that once, yet you continue to spew garbage about how the raiding game is bad and full of bads being carried. I seriously, and i do mean SERIOUSLY doubt that you ever have raided anything heroic in your life.

Its amazing how retarded some of the people who call all heroic raiders bad or being carried to their HC titles are. I guess we should just all assume that all heroic raiders are being carried now? lol

Get real man, and definitely, do yourself a favor and get off your high horse.

Right, cause no one ever abused the group in TBC by turning master looter, ninjaing the single and only quest item and bailed... Ya, it's Walmart now, sorry you thought it was really exclusive when it was Sam's Club
    So i see you never played TBC.. thanks for making that crystal clear with your ignorant response here.

You assume we aren't queueing with friends? If you aren't doing that maybe you are doing it wrong? I always queue with friends, I just don't need 4 others for a dungeon and 9 others for a raid. It wasn't fun pugging in BC. If you weren't guilded you never did shit.
    This game's raid content was never meant to be pugged, and if you were trying back then, then you were doing it wrong. But thats irrelevant because you have made it crystal clear that you are a child of the wrath / cata era.

I dont see why people would NOT like this. All these things would make the game much more immersive than it currently is. I mean the game is all about UI queues.

Here is the typical WoW players day:

1) Log in WoW

2) Click Dungeon Finder Tool, que up for a random heroic

3) Click Raid finder tool, que up for Looking for.. well you know what you are looking for lol

4) Click Dungeon tool to do the holiday event

5) Log on another toon

6) Repeat steps 1-5 several times a day.

Here is the my WoW day:

1) Log in WoW

2) Say hi to my guildies, ask them how they are, ask them if they need anything from my professions before I go out of the city etc.

3) As my friends/guildies if they need help with Heroic Dungeons, or LFR, or Quests, or dailies.

4) Ask the officers if the guild bank needs any particular mats fish/herbs etc for the raid team.

5) Go do some pet battling dailies, or normal dailies If I feel like it that particula day.

6) Go check out the city see if any of the RP crowd are hanging about for a little chat.

7)Maybe go farming in some old zones for mats for my alts proffs. Help lowbies out if I see them struggling, or answer questions in general chat.

8)Grab my friend and drag him to a new server and roll a new toon, go on our questing ways!

9)Sometimes I like to just fly around some older zones while I chat to friends/guildies, or even *god forbid* use my normal non flying mount and roam zones.

10) Organize transmog runs.

11) Organize old raid runs, taking lowbies along to get some gear, see the raids and have fun!

All of the above doesn't happen every day I log on, but you can mix and match it, the game doesn't have to be just about queues, if you don't want it to be, it's down to the individual to get the most out of what the game offers, and it offers alot.