Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

I don't get it why Pandaren cannot be DKs

Hello there community!
    Before you go "Blarghhhh! no! never! gofcuk urself!" just hear me out!

The main reason why they didnt want DK Pandarens is cuz it would destroy the timeline right?
    Lich King was First > Than the Pandas...
    Well fine :P

But what about those Pandaren who were traveling across the Azeroth?
    We can find them in various places...
    For instance in Azuremyst Isle where one of the Panda Monks states that he heard an Explosion (which turns out to be the Landing of Exodar)
    This event predates LichKing since it was in BC :P
    There was alot of wandering Pandaren across Azeroth~!

Guess Blizz had enough resources to create Panda DKs but went the easier way (so that the community wouldn't be raging about it)

Image names like:
    Mojo PlagueCask
    Fui BaneBrew
    Cho "THE SOUL DISTILLER"

okay I'm out :P let the flame war begin :P

Deleted
    There were too few pandaren traveling to Northrend.
    Maybe one or 2 spots open for DK application?

Deleted
    I think this is the first time in ages that I've seen someone complain that a decision which has ten different choices didn't get a eleventh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    There were too few pandaren traveling to Northrend.
    Maybe one or 2 spots open for DK application?
    True...
    The number of DK Pandaren would be small... But same goes for Worgen DKs...
    Their number in Shadowfang Keep wasn't that big... yet we see them roaming around!
    Last edited by mmocde15ca192d; 2013-02-22 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    The lore appropiate reason is the timeline thing. The actual reason? Blizz didn't want Pandas to be DK's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I think this is the first time in ages that I've seen someone complain that a decision which has ten different choices didn't get a eleventh.
    First of it is not complaining...
    Second... It's something to think about...

Deleted
    Nothing to think about.

The LK didnt reach pandaria in his current kingdom.

So no pandaren dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Nothing to think about.

The LK didnt reach pandaria in his current kingdom.

So no pandaren dk.
    you didn't read the first post right?

Thats a awesome looking pic other than that im not even touching this topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    True...
    The number of DK Pandaren would be small... But same goes for Worgen DKs...
    Their number in Shadowfang Keep wasn't that big... yet we see them roaming around!
    Not just Shadowfang. Grizzly hills, Arthas raised Arugal explicitly so he could summon Worgen to serve him, and they are all over the zone.

The Pandaren thing doesn't fit, but neither do Draenei and Blood Elf monks the way they are plonked in there in the TBC timeline.

Deleted
    its the lore, man!!

DK's are veterans from the third war being rezzed by Lich King.

Since Panda's did not participate in that war, no Panda DK.

Goblin DK's can be used, because (maybe not in large numbers) they fought in the third war. Although they were mostly Neutral in Warcraft III.

Worgen DK's lorewise is not ok: the scourge never reached within Gilneas, so no Dead hero's there. But since Worgens are in nature Humans, Blizzard allowed this.

It might have also been a coding thing since they are the first neutral race and the dk starting zone may have had issues with it.

Deleted
    Cause the scourge never came to Pandaria, and cause Pandarens never came to Northrend, Kalimdor, or Eastern Kingdoms.

DK's are veterans from the third war being rezzed by Lich King.

Since Panda's did not participate in that war, no Panda DK.

Goblin DK's can be used, because (maybe not in large numbers) they fought in the third war. Although they were mostly Neutral in Warcraft III.

Worgen DK's lorewise is not ok: the scourge never reached within Gilneas, so no Dead hero's there. But since Worgens are in nature Humans, Blizzard allowed this.
    Playable goblins are Bilgewater goblins, we never saw them before, they are not the same as the WCIII goblins, and they never left Kezan before Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    the scourge did reach gilneas, it just didn't go past the wall. but it did reach Pyrewood village, a gilnean village owned by Darius Crowley (and the reason why he became part of the opposition against graymane after the wall was built). Pyrewood village was much closer to shadowfang keep than the rest of gilneas, and obviously it was infected by the curse of the worgen as well. Worgen Deathknights came from there.

of course, alliance players usually don't know silverpine well, so they they are often oblivious of the existence of Pyrewood village, leading them to the conclusion that worgen deathknights are merely lolore.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I don't get why we have goblin/worgen DKs either. They weren't part of the Third war in the eastern kingdoms. Hell even Taurens/Draenei are a bit iffy, but they could have been turned during early wrath /shrug

I don't think any race that joined after the Light Hope chapel battle should be able to have DKs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    It might have also been a coding thing since they are the first neutral race and the dk starting zone may have had issues with it.
    You are the first to think of it that way and from that makes the most sense.

And thus I can see why they never had Pandaren DK's since they start out as a playable neutral race that is allowed choose which side to fight for when you got to that part.. It would not work to well in the DK starting zone for the very reason of them starting out as neutral..

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Playable goblins are Bilgewater goblins, we never saw them before, they are not the same as the WCIII goblins, and they never left Kezan before Cataclysm.
    goblin DKs are steamwheedle. you see that on the quest where you go talk to an old friend from when you were alive.

Gally Lumpstain says: You don't remember me, <name>? I lost count of the number of jobs you and I ran back in the day on Kezan. Then I picked up a real bad Kaja'Cola habit and you saved me! It was you who took me to Kalimdor to join the Steamwheedle Cartel. You were the only good goblin I knew. That's how I ended up in the Argent Dawn, because I knew it's what you woulda done. How could this have happened to you?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the scourge did reach gilneas, it just didn't go past the wall. but it did reach Pyrewood village, a gilnean village owned by Darius Crowley (and the reason why he became part of the opposition against graymane after the wall was built). Pyrewood village was much closer to shadowfang keep than the rest of gilneas, and obviously it was infected by the curse of the worgen as well. Worgen Deathknights came from there.

of course, alliance players usually don't know silverpine well, so they they are often oblivious of the existence of Pyrewood village, leading them to the conclusion that worgen deathknights are merely lolore.
    Correct, and Arthas came by this way personally to dig up Arugal between vanilla and wrath.

A quest in the DK starter zone for both races has you kill an old friend and they added a worgen and goblin who explain it.

Worgen: Escaped from Arugal's torture in Silverpine, one of them died to become the DK the other joined the Argent Dawn shortly afterwards.

Goblin: It is explained by the npc that the Goblin DK and his companion were Steamwheedle cartel members (same Goblins as Everlook, booty bay, Gadgetzan) working for the argent dawn in some capacity killed and raised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The dialogue in the goblin Death Knight quest where you kill your Argent Dawn friend implies that you both left Kezan before the eruption, and joined the Steamweedle Cartel.