Thread: Frost DK damage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    I won't be surprised if they increased base resiliance in next build. Althought knowing blizz they can simply leave everything as is and let ppls drill each other a new holes in 2-3 gcds, like it wrath.
    When did this ever happen in Wrath? Even the burstiest comp in the game in s8 with the best gear couldn't kill you in under 5 seconds with equal gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Maybe you are a Cata player which would explain it, but WHIRLWIND used to be a part of the Warrior single target rotation, for over 6 years it did high single target damage, then along came Cataclysm and GC said that having an AOE move do large single target damage is wrong, and he nerfed it into the ground. So either high single target damage from an AOE ability is wrong and HB should be nerfed, or its ok and Whirlwind should be buffed back into what it used to be in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath!
    All I hear is waaahh wahhh wahhhh. Seriously guy, the changes to howling blast have been an over time thing that blizzard has done to accommodate a different playstyle. They have stated recently that they actually have grown to love the masterfrost style for DW and these changes are just to help with that. Frost having two different substlyes is actually pretty cool and if you think that your precious warrior has to be exactly like a DK or vice versa then you are playing the wrong game. Class diversity, while not as much as it once was still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol already getting hit for 400k oblits on my druid which is overkill anyway. I guess more is needed?
    Are you really that desperate to get them nerfed?

Il bite, for you to get hit 400k by obliterate you would have to

A. Get fully naked

B. The DK has fully upgraded elite gear with all +320 pvp power gems

C. The DK and you both have berskerker

D. both diseases are on you

E. All CDs and runeforges popped

Lying is bad, mmmkay?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-02-22 at 04:03 PM.

Look, whether you believe it or not, I don't care. All I'm saying is a dk hit me for that much. Could have been a bug, who knows. All I know is that I have been literally globaled. I heard stories of mages doing 9 million damage attacks in pvp so maybe like this was a rare occasion. Anyway, I would have done a check on him but I forgot his name.

The buffs are a reaction to the pve side - sorry to you pvpers. PVE Frost DKS are losing their two OP set bonuses come tier 15 and they had to do something for that.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    As a healer, I am as scared as hell of these buffs to all the damage classes. I understand the ret, rogue,hunter and ely buffs(I assume it is not assan rogue that is almost ones hotting em on the ptr?...). But why not buff enhance damage? They ain't doing the best right now.
    As an Enhancement Shaman, even I accepted the fact that there are no other specs than Resto.
    Enhancement and Elemental Shamans only exist in raids.
    How dare I would ask for any buffs or quality of life improvements?

Some wise shamans in the shaman community tried doing that and we were told that "Enh was fine and nobody silences Enh. Ele? Maybe..."
    We were also told that Enh is in a good spot and instead of buffing Enh they would prefer nerfing other classes to Enh's level, so every other melee except Ret would be in par with Enhancement.

Good to see this day, keep up the good work Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Are you really that desperate to get them nerfed?

Il bite, for you to get hit 400k by obliterate you would have to

A. Get fully naked

B. The DK has fully upgraded elite gear with all +320 pvp power gems

C. The DK and you both have berskerker

D. both diseases are on you

E. All CDs and runeforges popped

Lying is bad, mmmkay?
    Don't really trying to defend him but, it still doesn't justify the fact that it easily hits around 100-150k on a resi target.
    How harder it should hit to satisfy you? Kazillions?

We are all concerned about the crazy damage and instant CC fest in PvP, Blizzard admits that, but still chooses to increase the amount of both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol already getting hit for 400k oblits on my druid which is overkill anyway. I guess more is needed?
    Did I miss the Obliterate buffs or can you quote them, for me, please?
    + your number is impossible outside of kotmogu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    All I hear is waaahh wahhh wahhhh. Seriously guy, the changes to howling blast have been an over time thing that blizzard has done to accommodate a different playstyle. They have stated recently that they actually have grown to love the masterfrost style for DW and these changes are just to help with that. Frost having two different substlyes is actually pretty cool and if you think that your precious warrior has to be exactly like a DK or vice versa then you are playing the wrong game. Class diversity, while not as much as it once was still exists.
    Class diversity lol. It's very simple, either AOE abilities shouldnt be a part of the single target damage rotation, or they should. Trying to argue that DKs should be special snowflakes is sad kid.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Class diversity lol. It's very simple, either AOE abilities shouldnt be a part of the single target damage rotation, or they should. Trying to argue that DKs should be special snowflakes is sad kid.
    Its not like unholy dks are melee anymore anyway. With the reaping change the only good attacks that will even require melee range are plague, scourge, and necrotic strike. Dont be shocked when a dk kills you without ever touching you in melee.

Frost did need a buff for PVE damage, but I think if you ask most PVP DKs and if they are honest, they will admit we didn't need/want a PVP damage buff. We DO need PVP survivability buffs, which obviously didn't happen.

http://imageshack.us/f/607/wowscrnshot072512225037.jpg/

my dk was unh, the enemy dk was frost.
    it's not the damage (okay this was lv85)