Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did a trial of tests to see how prevailent booting at the first sight of taking greens. Here are my results:

All trials took place in the first part of HoF, as this is the place where the likelyhood of trash greens dropping are the highest (a lot of trash)

I ran this trash 10 times for purposes of the trial (healer = instant queues):

7 out of 10 times someone said something about me needing on the green.

of those 7 times, I was booted 5 times.

The other 5 times I went on to kill the first boss with the LFR group.

So 5 out of 10 times, i was booted from the group for needing on a Green. Seems like the community is rather divided, but personally I see it as 5 out of 10 times, jerks are so worried about a fricken green that they go out of the way to call someone out and get them booted. I also instantly inspected the people who first called me out, and as i suspected, 6 out of the 7 people who first called me out were undergeared baddies wearing pvp gear and greens themselves. Only 1 of them were wearing decent epicd out gear.

Quite frankly this is just amazing. Over a GREEN.

Deleted
    It's a bit like with badly brought up children.
    When they do something wrong, you have to show them what they did wrong, tell them to not do it again and - possibly - give them some kind of punishment so that they remember.
    Otherwise, they won't learn from it and will keep up their bad manners. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    Hey guys, someone stole 10 gold. We better slow the raid down to deal with this!!!
    Hey guys, we gotta finish this quick so I can go watch MLP:FIM! Just let the leechers take whatever they want!!!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10g can ruin the months of the entire raid.

Unless your life depends on Spirit Dust (Essence if you're lucky?) or you can't repair or progress furthur because some pixel got pixels in pixel bags... why care? I don't need on greens and I apologize if I misclick... but shit I don't care if someone else gets a GREEN --> G.R.E.E.N. ... 7g-32g once in the LFR. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    is that sarcasm?
    well if you're a ninja be glad blizzard made lfr and lfd,because back in the early days as a ninja you payed the price not with your raid place but with money to pay your name change if you ever wanted to raid again.Blacklists were common too.

people don't like douchebags it's simple,and even less during their free time when they're trying to have fun.
    if you wanna act like a badass and screw others don't turn into a waterfall when people retaliate.
    It was, and it seems you didn't get what I was trying to put across.

(in b4 "well u shud uv bin clearar aboot dis")
    - Woodman

It's just holding people accountable for being a dick.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Needing on a green is completely selfish itself. People want punishment, how is there any other way to inflict punishment other than removing the player? The message is clearly: Be a greedy shit and take something you didn't need and hopefully you realize dont do it again, while enjoying being out of the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Over a green? I will kick you over 1 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's just holding people accountable for being a dick.

I don't see what's wrong with that.
    Precisely.

However, the overreaction from both sides just makes me laugh.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    while enjoying being out of the raid.
    You might want to not kick them directly if it happens at the beginning of the run, though, but wait until you stand in front of the last boss.
    Much more fun.

What? We had to wait 30 seconds to 2 minutes to replace that guy who needed on a green? We are at the front of the Qeue right? We don't have to fight those bosses again? And the person who was kicked now has a 10-40 minute qeue time, will have to refight any bosses we already beat and is at the back of the Qeue? I love the smell of justice in the morning!

Deleted
    I votekick people needing on lockboxes and ask others to do the same. This should be a common thing in the community.

Green items? If it's an upgrade (unlikely) or /need was an accident (more likely) then no.
    The same DeathKnight named "árthäzdklulz" needrolling on every green item that drops? Bye bye...

Different servers have different rules in regards to BOEs/greens

I remember one server has been needing on greens since TBC, it's the norm for them.

Pretty stupid to kick someone over it though.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I did a trial of tests to see how prevailent booting at the first sight of taking greens. Here are my results:

All trials took place in the first part of HoF, as this is the place where the likelyhood of trash greens dropping are the highest (a lot of trash)

I ran this trash 10 times for purposes of the trial (healer = instant queues):

7 out of 10 times someone said something about me needing on the green.

of those 7 times, I was booted 5 times.

The other 5 times I went on to kill the first boss with the LFR group.

So 5 out of 10 times, i was booted from the group for needing on a Green. Seems like the community is rather divided, but personally I see it as 5 out of 10 times, jerks are so worried about a fricken green that they go out of the way to call someone out and get them booted. I also instantly inspected the people who first called me out, and as i suspected, 6 out of the 7 people who first called me out were undergeared baddies wearing pvp gear and greens themselves. Only 1 of them were wearing decent epicd out gear.

stop the bullshit,you know it's not over the green.It's over disrespect.If someone thinks the people they raid with are inferior to them and they can just take items from the raid....well he disrespects the raid.WoW is still an mmo,so if you're not socially retarded you know it's important to respect the people you want to play with.

Also you missed the majority that voted you out,you should have inspected them too before taking conclusions.
    Most people won't say anything because they can't be arsed,but if the vote pops up they will show you what they think about you 'just' taking a green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Over a green? I will kick you over 1 gold.
    I'll frame you to get you banned over a copper!
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Zrebellion, his sample group is far to small anyway and the 3/10 times people might not even have noticed it. So it would be closer to a 5/7 kick ratio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    It was, and it seems you didn't get what I was trying to put across.

(in b4 "well u shud uv bin clearar aboot dis")
    no i got it,my post was directed at your sarcasm

Some greens make for excellent transmog options...

Principles. Too many people don't have them or ignore it altogether.

#1 reason why bad behavior/playing gets worse and worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Some greens make for excellent transmog options...
    Yeah, but then you simply could ask before you select 'need'. Nobody is going to shout at you for asking.