Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Thrall should be exiled after SoO

From the story forums

At the very least.

Because of his extremely bad judgement and his willingness to appease his people, he put Garrosh in charge of the Horde. This is despite all of his advisors, and even Garrosh himself, objecting to this idea, as no one saw Garrosh as a good leader (Garrosh wished to remain a military commander).

He's the one who told Garrosh how awesome Grom was (despite Garrosh knowing his father had anger issues), without bringing up any of his flaws. After seeing hew good Garrosh can handle an army, he immediately assumes that he will be as good as a political leader. Why? Because the Orcs respected him.

He ignored all the damage Garrosh was inevitably going to cause to both the Alliance and Horde, and went back on his word (Orcs should live in Durotar as punishment for their actions), and hands Garrosh the reigns simply because he put the values of the Orcs above the other Horde races. Hell, in ToW he says what Garrosh is doing to both the A and H isnt his concern because hes in the Earthen Ring now.

Seriously, the only reason the Alliance shouldn't kill him outright is because of his actions in Cata. Many members of the Horde would obviously reject executing him because of all he did for them. If their is any sense of realism in this game, Thrall will be exiled following Garrosh's death.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not exiled. Though I don't think someone who left the Horde in Garrosh's command to go be a neutral hero should be warchief. Let the guy hang out in the Valley of Spirits as High Shaman, but put someone else in charge of the military of the Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Where IS Thrall? I'm kind of out of touch with lore that's not immediately happening within the game these days.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Where IS Thrall? I'm kind of out of touch with lore that's not immediately happening within the game these days.
    he's with his wife in the orc's starting zone, i think. He's a family orc, now, kids and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Well you meet him with Draka in the starting place in Durotar before you go with him to save the trolls. So I assume he's either in the Echo Isles making sure it stays stable and the trolls are safe or he's somewhere around org playing with his baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say Thrall deserves exile.
    However he shouldn't be Warchief for the same reasons and he seems to have realised this himself during ToW. Still he should remain as an Orcish leader in some form or another such as becoming it's spiritual leader or something along those lines.

Also your last point about the Alliance I don't think is right either. Varian and pals all know what Thrall did was for the greater good with the Cataclysm. They can respect Thrall as a person due to his actions although I don't think they have as high regards about Thrall as a leader due to the stuff that's happened with the Orc he appointed.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-22 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Nah, not exiled. Though I don't think someone who left the Horde in Garrosh's command to go be a neutral hero should be warchief. Let the guy hang out in the Valley of Spirits as High Shaman, but put someone else in charge of the military of the Horde.
    The Horde after the siege will be crippled, and at the mercy of the Alliance (or so it seems). The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall. I mean, this whole thing would have been avoided if he chilled for a minute and though about who he was making Warchief.

Even members of the Horde should have a lot of ill feelings to Thrall, as he technically put them into a war they had no reason starting (only the Orcs were living in bad conditions at the time).

Exiled doesn't mean will never see him. All it means is he no longer belongs to a faction. I mean, isnt a secluded family life what he always wanted?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I can't say Thrall deserves exile.
    However he shouldn't be Warchief for the same reasons and he seems to have realised this himself during ToW. Still he should remain as an Orcish leader in some form or another such as becoming it's spiritual leader or something along those lines.
    I semi agree.

He should be exiled, but maybe to Nagrand, where he can work with the spirits there and teach the Mag'Har.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall.
    Thrall saved the planet. That counts for quite a lot. The people who do need some sort of punishment are the Orcs, not Thrall in particular.

I'd rather see Thrall killed, can't stand him anymore ever since Cata started. Would be cool to see Garrosh killing Thrall just to see the outrage of the fanbase, but Metzen will never allow it

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde after the siege will be crippled, and at the mercy of the Alliance (or so it seems). The Alliance SHOULD (realistically) demand some punishment for Thrall. I mean, this whole thing would have been avoided if he chilled for a minute and though about who he was making Warchief.

Even members of the Horde should have a lot of ill feelings to Thrall, as he technically put them into a war they had no reason starting (only the Orcs were living in bad conditions at the time).

Exiled doesn't mean will never see him. All it means is he no longer belongs to a faction. I mean, isnt a secluded family life what he always wanted?

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:43 PM ----------

I semi agree.

He should be exiled, but maybe to Nagrand, where he can work with the spirits there and teach the Mag'Har.
    You put too much stock in Blizz if you think the Alliance will get anything other than some epics. Blizz already clearly said the changes in zone ownership were intentional to balance the factions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He ignored all the damage Garrosh was inevitably going to cause to both the Alliance and Horde
    How was Thrall supposed to see into the future?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Thrall saved the planet. That counts for quite a lot. The people who do need some sort of punishment are the Orcs, not Thrall in particular.
    Ya, but his poor judgement led to a war that killed thousands of Alliance.

That counts for quite a lot too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You put too much stock in Blizz if you think the Alliance will get anything other than some epics. Blizz already clearly said the changes in zone ownership were intentional to balance the factions.
    Shhh, don't remind the Alliance they had a heavy zone bias before cataclysm.

On a related note, Thrall did what his people wanted, he was wrong, but he followed THEM, if anything, he should be honored for showing the Orcs than the path of spirituality is open.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd rather see Thrall killed, can't stand him anymore ever since Cata started. Would be cool to see Garrosh killing Thrall just to see the outrage of the fanbase, but Metzen will never allow it
    yeah, his self insert marty stu is never gonna have anything bad happen to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they cover this in ToW? Jaina blamed Thrall for everything Garrosh does. Turns out she was wrong and it was a misguided belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    How was Thrall supposed to see into the future?
    He knew what Garrosh was like in Northrend. He also witnessed Garrosh's utter lack of diplomacy at the Theramore Peace Summit. He also knew what he was like when he went off to Nagrand and how tensions rapidly rose in such a short time.
    Cairne and Vol'jin warned him about what would happen as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are mad at Thrall because they think he's a mary sue, but when he makes mistakes they want him exiled? Poor Thrall can't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, but his poor judgement led to a war that killed thousands of Alliance.

That counts for quite a lot too.
    The two balance each other out though which is what I was getting at. He is guilty of providing the catalyst for many Alliance deaths, but at the same time Varian's not an idiot and realise what Thrall did while his people rampaged. However Varian wouldn't want a repeat so he would want a more permanent Warchief, which Thrall is not.

I often wonder how people come up with these ideas. Thrall created this horde from scratch and you want to just go off and exile him.

good luck exiling the dude that worked with dragon aspects and saved the entire planet

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I often wonder how people come up with these ideas. Thrall created this horde from scratch and you want to just go off and exile him.
    also this.

It's Thrall's Horde.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.