View Poll Results: Should there be more gold from the act of pvping.

Voters
226. This poll is closed
  • Yes

154 68.14%
  • No

72 31.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No. You can strictly pvp and still make more than enough gold to keep your gear perfectly enchanted, barring maybe extremely expensive first tier of expansion crystal enchants. Disenchanting honor gear, using honor vendors for mats, even just vendoring cheap honor crap, it all works. You won't be rich, but that's how it is.
    Selling honor gear wont even net you enough to cover your repairs, honor vendors are still only selling Cataclysm stuff and would encourage more botting than gold for rated PvP.
    If blizzard buffs gold gain even slightly in pvp, the bots will be unbearable and blizzard will have to do something about it ($) and that just is not in their budget.
    And that is why it should only be for RATED PvP like Arena and RBG, not for unrated battlegrounds. Have fun botting arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    First of all, next season for the first time will force you to get two sets. First the new conquest set that is hardly any better than my current 2/2 gear, then the new elite set. So you will spend the vast majority of points on those items and then you get to upgrade them when 5.3 hits.

And "way over 3600" is my way of saying I'm to lazy to go and look it up right now but it is over 3600 points week for me. So nowhere near your "1400" rating, something you btw never even broke. But seeing how you still managed to get an arena title your battlegroup is dead anyway.

Any game against a decent team isn't won in 30 seconds, there is a reason they just lowered the timer down from 45 minutes. Please don't build this whole thing around your below 1550 Arena exp.
    You aren't "forced" to get two sets ; i think you and i have different views on what sets are. To me a set is for different specs ( IE resto, feral), not tiers which are epic and elite.
    Secondly my rating is irrelevant because i do not PvP much anymore, only for fun with friends. And I have been to 2200 in season 3 for arenas and 1600 RBGs on my resto druid on a dead server /flex. Not sure which arena title you are referring to though, seeing as I don't have any.
    Way over 3600 makes it sound like you're 3800 cap, which would make you 2700+ rated. Which would be impressive.

Blizzard is stupid. Not only should there be more gold....crafting materials should drop from corpses in PvP. Usable to craft PvP gear and perhaps PvP only potions and flasks. They are about 7 years behind on this curve...

Are these materials BoE, Bop? same with the crafted gear. Otherwise that seems like it would just be a botters dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow12 View Post
    You aren't "forced" to get two sets ; i think you and i have different views on what sets are. To me a set is for different specs ( IE resto, feral), not tiers which are epic and elite.
    In season 13 you will be forced to get two entirely different sets for the same specc and yes you are forced to do exactly that with elite gear having a vastly higher ilevel.
    Secondly my rating is irrelevant because i do not PvP much anymore, only for fun with friends. And I have been to 2200 in season 3 for arenas and 1600 RBGs on my resto druid on a dead server /flex. Not sure which arena title you are referring to though, seeing as I don't have any.
    Way over 3600 makes it sound like you're 3800 cap, which would make you 2700+ rated. Which would be impressive.
    Your rating is very relevant in as how knowledgable you are about the game. And you keep forgetting that RBG offers more points and faster than Arena does.

I know how the pvp conquest system works with arenas and rbgs, no where did I state anything about the point system other than questioning your cap, which was for RBG because you can't even get past a 3200 cap for pure arenas. My rating is irrelevant, I do not have to pvp to know about the game and all it's aspects, i have been playing since beta. You seem to not know much about the game as a pvper.
    Also you don't have to build two entirely different sets, you upgrade to a new tier. You do not switch between those two tiers as you pvp, as they are not sets the old tier becomes obsolete unless you use for xmog. You switch sets when you change specs. You seem to not understand this.

I am still not sure which arena title you are looking at, finding my character is easy, it's in my profile and you can then armory it up. However yours is harder, the only deleth that is lvl 90 is in greens and 8k HKS.

More gold from pvp would suck for one reason alone. Now you have honor botters. WIth more gold. Gold botters would start to show up aswell.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    More gold from pvp would suck for one reason alone. Now you have honor botters. WIth more gold. Gold botters would start to show up aswell.
    I am tired of this weak excuse for not putting more gold into pvp. The fact is botters are a blight on the game but they are their for honor.
    Many have posted already that botters looking for gold have better ways to do it than they would if more gold was in pvp. Botters are not the fault of the pvper trying to do what is right and play by the rules. It is not fair or reasonable to punish them with your reasoning. I will state it again: Botting for gold is done already and it will continue, but not start inside of bgs. Besides your reasoning misses the point about gold for arena and rbs wins, where botters by definition cannot play competitively, from this we know they would lose. Your reasoning cannot be a part of the arena/rbg gold debate.

The other poor excuse for not putting more gold in the game that has come up often is two fold:
    You get enough cover repairs and what else do you need gold for.

It has been stated many times above that pvPers need gold for: gems, enchants, belt buckle, spellthreads, flasks (for random bgs or world pvp), windwool cloth (first aid), reforging. Then there are miscellaneous items to buy: Black market auction house, heirlooms for alts, battle pets (for some), to name a few.

As far as gold awarded in pvE goes, it more than covers repair bills and the gems, enchants and basics needed to raid. It then (especially if not in a progression period) goes on to build a nice fund for the extras i listed, for example bmah.

It's a shame that more of the 'yes' voters failed to write a post , but at time of writting the yes vote has a significant lead.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

You can have more gold from pvp when the repair costs from pvp are the same as pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    I'd say, for the sake of "equality", add a small gold amount to pvp queue's, similar to the LFG/LFR tool. Something like, 4-5g per loss, 10g per win for a random BG. Nothing major so it doesn't make it feel like a way to farm gold, but enough to reward people that don't need the honor, or to help the people who are working their way along with gear for enchants/gems/reforging.
    For the sake of "equality" I guess PvP players don't mind footing 60-100g repairs every time they die?
    Though based on this thread, and a lot of the PvP player responses, I guess that would mean you'd find it fair only if you then got a minimum of 120g per kill

Maybe we can even dream of blizzard allowing raiders to skip all content and only do raids, while not receiving any repair cost -.-

No matter if they're pve "heroes" or pvp "heroes", people will remain poor until they understand that 10-20g rewards is not money, but just pocket change.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-02-23 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Some gold would be nice. In swtor You'd get 5-6k creds for a wz win. This covered the cost of gear repair and upgrades. If you do nothing but pvp in world of warcraft odds are you're dead broke.

Deleted
    There would be nothing wrong with receiving gold for winning games, but pvp'ers only care about ratings so they are not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    No matter if they're pve "heroes" or pvp "heroes", people will remain poor until they understand that 10-20g rewards is not money, but just pocket change.
    It adds up. There are people that do nothing but bg all day. 10 or 20g for one bg, sure not really worth noting.. but what if a guy does 30 bg's a day. 300-600g. That will allow him to pay the bills, such as repairs. maybe get a gem, or enchant for their new piece they farmed.

I wasn't always set in game. I remember going to my bank and selling old pieces of gear that I would have rather held onto just so i could pay the repair or get a piece of gear upgraded. Thankfully i learned how to craft and no longer have such problems but there was a LONG time where ingame currency was an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Delznop View Post
    It adds up. There are people that do nothing but bg all day. 10 or 20g for one bg, sure not really worth noting.. but what if a guy does 30 bg's a day. 300-600g. That will allow him to pay the bills, such as repairs. maybe get a gem, or enchant for their new piece they farmed.

I wasn't always set in game. I remember going to my bank and selling old pieces of gear that I would have rather held onto just so i could pay the repair or get a piece of gear upgraded. Thankfully i learned how to craft and no longer have such problems but there was a LONG time where ingame currency was an issue.
    I was in the same boat a while ago. i had to vendor bandages to afford fly taxi till someone taught me to aim for more, not for pocket change.
    Yes, it adds up, but in the end it goes to goblins who know how to make money and people are back to square 1.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-02-23 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.