Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    You know what I love about Pandaria?

It's all of Asia. We've got tibetans (Grummles), mongolians (Yaungol), Buddhists (Jinyu), Ancient China (Mogu), and modern china (Pandaren). We've even got the Klaxxi which are strange sort of Alien+Druid+Insectoid race that is unlike any of the previously encountered insectoid races. And then there are the Hozen who are... I guess an entire race of Frat Boys... But there's the Sha... emotion-manifest. Yeah it's probably old god stuff again, but it's nothing we've encountered before.

Standing around in the Shrines... just listening to the music, admiring the murals on the walls... this is without a doubt the richest and most detailed continent in the game.
    Inb4 - Klaxxi/Zerg/Korean joke.

You listed most of Asia, save for one of the more prominent countries - JAPAN!

Where is the samurai armor? Where are Shinto priests and giant arches?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Inb4 - Klaxxi/Zerg/Korean joke.

You listed most of Asia, save for one of the more prominent countries - JAPAN!

Where is the samurai armor? Where are Shinto priests and giant arches?

I think that, in light of Japan's unwillingness to acknowledge the Nanjing Massacre, it would be a little difficult to tastefully incorporate a pseudo-Japanese martial presence on a pseudo-Chinese continent.

I extremely dislike it.

The zone.
    The Asian theme.
    The pandaren race.
    The Asian style armor models.
    The music.. Oh lord, first time I've put music settings to 0.

Asian theme does NOT fit wow. I can't wait for the next expac, and for wow to go back to its roots.

Edit - One of the few good things I have to say about this expac is it has reimbursed my love for TBC, as I've been in Outland a lot more now since pandaria disgusts me. Hellfire Peninsula is my new haven.
    Last edited by AyuZ; 2013-02-23 at 12:40 AM.

I've enjoyed it so far, mainly because its something completely different. Sometimes its good to throw a wrench in things and let your art team do something different.

We've had death, blood, fire, sand, etc, its kind of nice to go to places that don't feel that threatening when you first get into them. I love Valley of the Four Winds, much like I did Nagrand the first time I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by AyuZ View Post
    Asian theme does NOT fit wow. I can't wait for the next expac, and for wow to go back to its roots.
    How does it not fit WoW? WoW is about every single culture, just not your Western culture.
    Also I'd like to point out that this expansion is more to the 'roots' of WoW than any other expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I don't believe WoW has launched a Japanese client yet.

WoW's 2 largest markets outside the US are China and South Korea.

China and South Korea are the 2 most anti-Japanese countries in the world.

That's why there's very little Japanese influence visible in the game. Though, interestingly, one of the WoW holidays is based on a Japanese holiday.

Deleted
    Pandaria's style is cool but i hate pandarens ... that's all, except that i love the Jade Forest for exemple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Human=american(they are..)
    Well, human males... and dwarven females, anyway

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 07:39 PM ----------

I extremely dislike it.

The zone.
    The Asian theme.
    The pandaren race.

I have to agree about the armor models. I just don't like they way they look this expac, but hooray for transmog!

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I disagree. Perhaps I know too much about Asian culture, but I never saw any blatant influences that rival those of Pandaria.

Would love some examples, though.
    Tol'vir/Ancient Egypt
    Tauren/Native Americans of the Great Plains
    Vykrul/Viking/Norse
    Gilneas/19th century Britain
    Tuskarr/Inuit

All of those are very blatant.

Bored with mop unsubbed, just waiting for sc2 hots to launch. Otherwise playing console gaming that doesn't have an activision title .

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How does it not fit WoW? WoW is about every single culture, just not your Western culture.
    Also I'd like to point out that this expansion is more to the 'roots' of WoW than any other expansion.
    First off just stating my opinion so no one feel personally attacked,

I've played a lot of Warcraft 3 in my childhood, a lot, and frozen throne literally was my whole childhood until WoW hit and pandaren weren't really relevant, neither was any Asian theme. The only glimpse we had of pandaren was a neutral mercenary hero brew master. All in all it's just not my taste, and doesn't mesh well with WoW and it's passed expacs.

Unfortunately, my view of WoW isn't everyone's :P
    Last edited by AyuZ; 2013-02-23 at 12:47 AM.

First off just stating my opinion so no one feel personally attacked,
    It wasn't a personal attack. Know the difference.

I've played a lot of Warcraft 3 in my childhood, a lot, and frozen throne literally was my whole childhood until WoW hit and pandaren weren't really relevant, neither was any Asian theme. The only glimpse we had of pandaren was a neutral mercenary hero brew master. All in all it's just not my taste, and doesn't mesh well with WoW and it's passed expacs.
    There was no Norse culture in Wc3 either yet we had that all in Northern. Yes Northern was in Wc3 but it was never explained. All the races were created in the expansion. I can name off a ton of cultures that were added in WoW and was never in the RTS games, do those also not belong in WoW?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Tol'vir/Ancient Egypt
    Tauren/Native Americans of the Great Plains
    Vykrul/Viking/Norse
    Gilneas/19th century Britain
    Tuskarr/Inuit

All of those are very blatant.
    Okay but those are all very isolated and still do not rival the blatancy of Pandaria. Pandaria is an (mostly) entire continent filled with the same recurring crap. That was the point I was trying to make, the fact that it is completely overused, which is why I dislike it.

A few of those examples, other than the Tol'vir and Vykrul, could be interpreted in different ways. Pandaria is basically a copy/paste of Chinese culture.

A few of those examples, other than the Tol'vir and Vykrul, could be interpreted in different ways. Pandaria is basically a copy/paste of Chinese culture.
    Only if you think anything Asian = Chinese. There have already been posts on this thread describing all the different Asian influences in MoP. It's sad that we're still getting posts about everything in Pandaria being Chinese.

Deleted
    I extremely dislike it.

The zone.
    The Asian theme.
    The pandaren race.

Edit - One of the few good things I have to say about this expac is it has reimbursed my love for TBC, as I've been in Outland a lot more now since pandaria disgusts me. Hellfire Peninsula is my new haven.
    Doesn't fit with wow ?
    It does. What you are saying is very subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Only if you think anything Asian = Chinese. There have already been posts on this thread describing all the different Asian influences in MoP. It's sad that we're still getting posts about everything in Pandaria being Chinese.
    Your point?

Deleted
    I like chinese influences, I dislike the cheesy, cliched, stereotypical style that is MoP>

entire continent filled with the same recurring crap.
    i dont know about you but dread wastes, kun lai, most of townlong, and krarasang wilds all look vastly different to the pandaren themes of jade forest and the vale of eternal blossoms.

valley of the four winds feels more like a mix of chinese farms and western farms to me
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Okay but those are all very isolated and still do not rival the blatancy of Pandaria. Pandaria is an (mostly) entire continent filled with the same recurring crap. That was the point I was trying to make, the fact that it is completely overused, which is why I dislike it.

But Pandaria isn't a copy of Chinese culture...Yes, the Pandaren clearly are. But there is much more to Pandaria than that if you were paying any attention.

And please tell me how you could interpret Tauren as anything other than a Native American ripoff. Or Gilneas as not being blatantly British?