Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Mihir, I'd like to thank you for taking time out to answer my question in Detail. I really appreciate that. Im guessing the best thing to do is run simcraft enter my values in and do this each time I have gear change?
    Thank you also for the pre-patch 5.2 Stat weights. Will be able to get my gems ready and values. Gems seem pretty easy to follow.

Many thanks again Mihir.

Deleted
    I don't think mastery is fully implemented in Simcraft yet.
    Some napkin math: One does 100k dps without mastery. Considering a 30% uptime with 10 stacks, the base mastery (3k from the raidbuff + the basic 8 points) increases that to:
    100k * 0.7 + 126k * 0.3 = 107.8k
    Iirc 300 mastery should be 1% more damage with 10 stacks. (Old points: 600 rating = 1 point, and 1 point is .2 % per stack) So, lets assume you have 1k mastery (the default stat weight difference used in simcraft is 1k). That would be 3,33% of the base value (100k) more during the uptime.
    100k * 0.7 + 129.33k * 0.3 = 108.8k
    So 1k mastery are an increase of 1k dps, or in terms of simcraft stat scalings mastery would have a value of 1. Note that this absolute value stays the same when comparing different base masteries, or factoring in the base dps bonus of TeB, but the relative value (in % of your dps) diminishes the more mastery you have.

[e] I think mastery will stay the worst stat until you can push the TeB uptime to really high values. Most likely this is due to an error on Blizz's side: The value of .2% per stack was designed when they had TeB at 2 Chi / stack. That changed, but somehow they forgot to adjust the mastery values, and I don't think they see that till patch release.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-02-18 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    We saw our first one drop last week (didnt win it ) so yes it does exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:00 PM ----------

1. I use simcraft to generate scale factors, tho I usually mess around a bit with the action list to make it more like the priorities I'm using. Then I plug those into askmrrobot and play around a bit with different combinations of tier sets, valor upgrades, etc.

2. Preliminary scale factors for 5.2 with T14 bis gear (for reforging/gemming on patch day):

MH WDPS: 11.02
    OH WDPS: 5.62
    Hit (<7.5%): 3.77
    Agi: 3.49
    Exp: 2.39
    Haste: 2.11
    Crit: 1.48
    Str: 1.36
    AP: 1.18
    Hit (>7.5%): 0.76
    Mastery: 0.56

- Main change is that haste is over 50% the value of agi, so gemming haste is > gemming agi. So yellow sockets = 320 haste, red sockets = 80 agi + 160 haste, and blue sockets = 160 haste + 160 hit.
    - The value of mastery will increase compared to crit with increasing haste, at somewhere around 8-9k haste mastery should overtake crit. The default monk simcraft profile I used only has 3.6k haste which explains the low mastery scale factor.
    - Mastery will also increase in value if you are good at using Tigereye Brew at the right time (synced with trinket procs for example).
    - The 4k haste softcap is gone due to combo breaker being fixed at 12%.
    - Weapon dps is still king, esp. in the mainhand.
    A) Sucks about that belt. I have yet to see one.

B) According to your math, you would reforge to haste as well until at least 8 if not 9K correct?

C) Rotation wise, would you plan on stacking TeB to 15 before using it so that you could have pretty much a savage roar type rolling TeB?

Deleted
    Hi guys, I've been gearing up my Monk lately, trying to get him to clear all normal raids for this tier before next patch hits. I've had little to no luck in getting any of the fist weapons to drop but Im in a predicament at the moment.

I currently use the MSV normal polearm upgraded to 2/2 and I'm sitting on a LFR sha-touched staff. Even when upgraded to max it has less stats but it is offset by the gem (I do not have the prismatic one though).

Do you guys think its worth investing in using this week's valor (I believe its the 2nd to last week before 5.2) to upgrade the staff, or should I invest in the Shieldwall Arrowflight Medallion (since I'm rolling with Normal Elegon trinket + LFR Lei Shi trinket, and I would like to replace the LFR trinket)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Hi guys, I've been gearing up my Monk lately, trying to get him to clear all normal raids for this tier before next patch hits. I've had little to no luck in getting any of the fist weapons to drop but Im in a predicament at the moment.

I currently use the MSV normal polearm upgraded to 2/2 and I'm sitting on a LFR sha-touched staff. Even when upgraded to max it has less stats but it is offset by the gem (I do not have the prismatic one though).

Do you guys think its worth investing in using this week's valor (I believe its the 2nd to last week before 5.2) to upgrade the staff, or should I invest in the Shieldwall Arrowflight Medallion (since I'm rolling with Normal Elegon trinket + LFR Lei Shi trinket, and I would like to replace the LFR trinket)
    The normal polearm is probably better just because windwalkers rely so heavily on weapon dps, so the extra agility from the lfr staff probably wouldn't be an increase. I personally would probably upgrade the Bottle, just because bottle is really good for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    A) Sucks about that belt. I have yet to see one.

B) According to your math, you would reforge to haste as well until at least 8 if not 9K correct?

C) Rotation wise, would you plan on stacking TeB to 15 before using it so that you could have pretty much a savage roar type rolling TeB?
    B. Yep. I guess we'll have to see how it turns out with energy capping on live, as the lag on ptr makes it hard to judge.

C. Ill probably try to sync it with trinket procs or certain encounter phases. If you have less than 20 stacks of TEB and there's nothing that you can take advantage of, just keep saving till you get to 20.

snip
    I just got the belt off feng. He's an asshole

Slightly surprised at how high haste is come 5.2 however, assuming it's correct.
    Then again Im probably underestimating TEB

Deleted
    As it stands now, stat values will become meaningless once you get your hands on a Rune of Re-Origination.

After that you can just reforge/gem 33% haste, 33% crit and 34% mastery.

I'm still skeptical about that trinket.
    Assuming it pans out though, I don't think any class has catered their rotation around a trinket like that in recent memory, outside of maybe demo locks using that lightwell for ages from FL dailies

15+ Year Old Account
    keep in mind, they just last night buffed the trinket so that it only procs for 10 seconds (down from 20), half the cd to 0.92 RealPPM (up from 0.46), and doubled the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    keep in mind, they just last night buffed the trinket so that it only procs for 10 seconds (down from 20), half the cd to 0.92 RealPPM (up from 0.46), and doubled the value.
    Oh shit son, I missed that
    So if it consumes 10k of haste and crit, you get 20k of mastery or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Oh shit son, I missed that
    So if it consumes 10k of haste and crit, you get 20k of mastery or something?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - 10 sec duration (down from 20 sec) but with double the proc rate.
    - Increase your highest secondary stat by 200% of the sum of your two lowest secondary stats. For example: you have 3500 mastery, 5000 crit, 7000 haste. Rune procs, and you get [-3500 mastery, -5000 crit, +17000 haste]. Same logic as before, just double the size of the buff to your highest stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - 10 sec duration (down from 20 sec) but with double the proc rate.
    - Increase your highest secondary stat by 200% of the sum of your two lowest secondary stats. For example: you have 3500 mastery, 5000 crit, 7000 haste. Rune procs, and you get [-3500 mastery, -5000 crit, +17000 haste]. Same logic as before, just double the size of the buff to your highest stat.
    Damn. Might be worth two shits for classes other than monks now as well.
    Also, since Xuen doesnt benefit from TEB last I checked, I'm figuring it would be better to wait till the proc ends and its ICD is rolling to summon him possibly? Assuming you'd get the cast off the same # of times in that fight.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2013-02-22 at 05:47 AM.

As it stands now, stat values will become meaningless once you get your hands on a Rune of Re-Origination.

After that you can just reforge/gem 33% haste, 33% crit and 34% mastery.
    I'm assuming this is the case because once you have that trinket you gem / reforge this way so that when the trinket procs, you pop TeB and take advantage of ridiculous mastery?

Deleted
    yep. a realistic scenario in T15 BiS gear is reforging for 9k crit, 9k haste and 9.1k mastery.
    on a proc you would then get 2x(9+9) = 36k mastery, for a total of 36 + 9 + 3 = 48k mastery. using 10x Tigereye Brew with 48k mastery is a 180% dmg increase for 15 seconds, and if you use TEB on the last second of the proc you will get back your crit/haste as well, while keeping the buffed TEB since it snapshots your mastery.

and yes, dont use Xuen during the proc (tho since xuen scales dynamically he will still go down in crit/haste if you get a proc while he's up)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-02-22 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Damn. Might be worth two shits for classes other than monks now as well.
    Maybe, but no other class has a stackable, on use damage ability like TEB where we can actually take advantage of back to back procs. Windwalker monks can abuse the proc more often, meaning it will lead to the largest theoretical and practical DPS increase for them.

Additionally, since the RPPM are increased from WotM 2h attack speed bonus, this trinket theoretically plays better with 2h weapons than dual wield (although you are more likely to get an early proc before you have TEB stacks.) With a 2h, you should see a proc on average every 40 seconds instead of once per minute.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can use TEB stacks while TEB is active. Theoretically, if you are sitting on a high stack of TEB near the end of a fight, you can TEB immediately on getting a proc, then reapply at the end of the proc for 20+ seconds of the massive damage buff.

The droprate of trinket and the fact that it is on the last boss in the tier should delay its widespread abuse for at least a little while. We can probably expect either a nerf to the trinket or a hotfix to TEB to change it from a snapshot mastery ability.

Edit: On more thought, I don't think this is even a temporary dps loss if you get a proc with your first hit on a fight. Using Mihir's stats above, you can get 2 stacks of TEB before the proc buff expires, meaning you can get a 36% damage increase out of an early proc. That should outweigh the loss of crit/haste during the initial 10 seconds of a fight.
    Last edited by Biggety; 2013-02-22 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    when the trinke procs i think we also use energizing brew for our energy stayying stable for the 10 secs

Quote Originally Posted by asatoor View Post
    when the trinke procs i think we also use energizing brew for our energy stayying stable for the 10 secs
    You won't have EB up for every proc. Even so, it's only a 10 second window where you lose the extra energy from haste. If anything, I would just build up chi during the proc, hit TEB at the end of the proc window (for the mastery snapshot) then hit Energizing Brew so that you can dump as much chi/energy as possible during the TEB uptime. If you don't have Energizing brew available, just bank chi and then go a few globals without doing anything to store up energy for the TEB phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    We would also be holding onto our T15 2-piece and to pick up the orbs when we proc the trinket.

yep. a realistic scenario in T15 BiS gear is reforging for 9k crit, 9k haste and 9.1k mastery.
    on a proc you would then get 2x(9+9) = 36k mastery, for a total of 36 + 9 + 3 = 48k mastery. using 10x Tigereye Brew with 48k mastery is a 180% dmg increase for 15 seconds, and if you use TEB on the last second of the proc you will get back your crit/haste as well, while keeping the buffed TEB since it snapshots your mastery.

and yes, dont use Xuen during the proc (tho since xuen scales dynamically he will still go down in crit/haste if you get a proc while he's up)
    Looks like I'll be running LFR religiously every week until this trinket drops.