Thread: Lfr enrage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never hit an enrage timer in LFR but have come close once or twice.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not because of the group, but I'll tell you anyway.

56% of doing Shek'zeer, half the raid leaves the group. Around 10 dps and 2 healers. one of the realms went down...

Hit enrage on 2%, still managed to kill her. /win

Saw few in Ultraxion and lot of Cataclysm blowing up in madness

didn't see any after panda

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hit two of them in LFR when I was doing it, one was Blade Lord and the other was Wind Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    At least it seem like you had great healers. Poor healers, suffer so much.
    No, they had terribul healers. He said later they were not dispelling Terrorize. Even then, if the healers were "great", they could get Tsulong to full in the first Day phase.

Decent tanks can keep themselves alive completely with their own abilities on any LFR boss, and if people stand in the sunbeam on LFR, they take no AoE damage. This fight really asks very little of healers on LFR and they couldn't handle it.

ill have to mention it.. bladelord hit enrage too.. but the boss was still dying.. 4 people alive/25 at the end of 10 or 12 mins.. some brewmaster tank brings the boss from 8m to 0 self healing lol.

i remember failing on hagara, ultraxion, yorsarj, even morchok cause of people not grouping up for crystals.. and theres always spine/madness with slacking dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    and theres always spine/madness with slacking dps.
    Ive been in more than a few lfr groups that failed to kill tendons in time. Sad, really.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

I had more groups with someone griefing by taunting Amalgs or killing extra tentacles, etc, on Spine than actual fail DPS.

And extenuating circumstances and one's own disregard for strangers aside, trying to kill Garalon with 2 people alive and a significant amount of HP left is just wasting everyone's time, including your own. Would've been better off just dropping and heading to guild raid if you were that strapped for time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week my LFR ToES group hit enrage on Lei Shi 3 straight times. My crappy Monk alt was top DPS by a mile, everyone else struggling to break 30k.

Personally I don't see the point in enrage timers for LFR. Does Blizzard not realize how bad some of these people are? In an average LFR group, you're lucky to have 5-6 people who aren't awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I had more groups with someone griefing by taunting Amalgs or killing extra tentacles, etc, on Spine than actual fail DPS.

And extenuating circumstances and one's own disregard for strangers aside, trying to kill Garalon with 2 people alive and a significant amount of HP left is just wasting everyone's time, including your own. Would've been better off just dropping and heading to guild raid if you were that strapped for time.
    I used to enjoy Spine, because there were almost always extra Amalgamations running around, pets chewing on the wrong things, nukes going off in the wrong spot, et cetera, and people raging, but it just took longer. I got rolled off on my first attempts, when most people didn't know you were supposed to ignore the roll mechanic in LFR, but after that, I dunno, even though Spine was often going terribly wrong in really stupid ways, it was almost never a wipe. So it was kind of fun.

Madness was probably never anyone's idea of fun in LFR because the wipe comes on the tentacles about 10 minutes after you start, and it takes 10 minutes after that to replace the healer(s) who ragequit.

Or, very rarely, a cataclysm wipe. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    No, they had terribul healers. He said later they were not dispelling Terrorize. Even then, if the healers were "great", they could get Tsulong to full in the first Day phase.

Decent tanks can keep themselves alive completely with their own abilities on any LFR boss, and if people stand in the sunbeam on LFR, they take no AoE damage. This fight really asks very little of healers on LFR and they couldn't handle it.
    Pretty much all of the bosses just require tanking, healing and damaging, Tsulong is one of the few fights that can fail even if the group is just doing exactly that, so it's perfectly possible for a LFR group to be formed with 6 healers who never done or don't understand the importance of the day phase, that doesn't mean these players are terrible at their role, they simply have to know about dispelling the boss and spamhealing him after standing in the breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    had like a 12 minute garalon, the entire floor was covered in yellow. ended up still killing him...
    I had that one too on my first ever run. Healers died first. At the end we had about 5 people alive, all were dps with self heals (including my mage. 10 sec evocation cd ftw).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Personally I don't see the point in enrage timers for LFR. Does Blizzard not realize how bad some of these people are?
    But without an enrage timer, it would be worse. People will just go get a coffee and let the others do the work.

Deleted
    i think the worst lfr group i've ever been in was in the first week of MoP, 19 people fell through the floor on elegon. I don't think i've ever been so disappointed ever.
    http:// i.imgur.com/ xNFLdnd.jpg
    Also, every vault of mysteries i join the tank randomly dies due to charging in on spirit kings, can people just not learn or what?

Deleted
    The funniest LFR group i have ever been in was when everybody stacked on Spirit kings, one of the ranged who stacked got rain of arrows, about 20 people were pinned and i couldn't even help them, i was too busy crying of laughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've hit it on Lei Shei twice and Tsulong once in LFR---all in the same one. So many afk and auto attack and also pulls without a full group. Both fights are susceptible to it happening because of the adds for Tsulong negating healing in day and Lei Shei because if you are slow on special phases like hide and the adds then your burn phases are ridiculously short. That and LFR groups get really, really bad (yes, moreso) at the end of the patch cycle.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    But without an enrage timer, it would be worse. People will just go get a coffee and let the others do the work.
    People do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    People do that anyway.
    Without an enrage timer we'd be susceptible to someone kiting a boss for 15 minutes after everyone else is dead, then disconnecting.

I'd rather just start again.

I've hit the enrage on Feng. I mean really.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I've hit the enrage on Feng. I mean really.
    The healers have to be half decent to allow that to happen. The 3rd phase damage is very high and will OOM healers very quickly even in LFR. So you should take it as a sign that not everything is broken.