Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I think it's a little short, there's still not many guilds that have killed Heroic Sha, let alone have completed normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    I think it's a little short, there's still not many guilds that have killed Heroic Sha, let alone have completed normals.

one of my favorite times was back in BC. i started raiding a bit late. i progressed through kara when SSC and TK were just being beaten, moved into SSC when BT released. there was always something ahead to work through. just because ToT comes out doesnt mean you have to drop everything and head there. if you arent ready for it you arent ready, move at your own pace. Yeah you may not get world first, but solid chance if you havent completed heroics right now you werent in the race for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    I'd say it's probably reasonable to shoot for a certain number of guilds to clear Normal for launching the next raid, but Heroics are aimed at such a small group and you're just not going to have a lot people ever finish that while it's current. And I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation of LFR has caused people to shift away from Normal a bit and they're setting the bar lower for the amount of Normal clears for launching the next raid.

But I'm really confused now and unsure whether it'll be released next week or the week after. With Heart of the Swarm coming out on the 12th, I wonder if they should have just waited another week to end the PvP season and put 5.2 out on the 19th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    I'd say it's probably reasonable to shoot for a certain number of guilds to clear Normal for launching the next raid, but Heroics are aimed at such a small group and you're just not going to have a lot people ever finish that while it's current. And I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation of LFR has caused people to shift away from Normal a bit and they're setting the bar lower for the amount of Normal clears for launching the next raid.

But I'm really confused now and unsure whether it'll be released next week or the week after. With Heart of the Swarm coming out on the 12th, I wonder if they should have just waited another week to end the PvP season and put 5.2 out on the 19th.
    I have to agree with this. Heroic Sha isn't meant for the general raiding pop to kill. My own guild is 15/16 heroic and I don't know if we'll kill it before 5.2. If we don't, we just have to accept, that we weren't good enough and move on.

I don't think the "people haven't even cleared Normal modes yet" is a viable excuse for postponing 5.2 though. People who still haven't managed to clear the current content on Normal, either started really late, are casual in terms of the amount of time they spend or they're just plain bad and don't care.

But yeah, I don't mind 5.2 has been delayed a bit.

Deleted
    Personally, my guild has already finished T14 Heroics so the patch coming doesn't really bother me too much, i do feel like this patch hasn't given much time for my reroll so that isn't really great. I think the tier ended rather quickly considering, i assumed at least another 2-3 months of wait time just due to the legendary quest alone, not everybody would have been able to keep up within that time afaik, even my main didn't manage to complete the valor arrangements due to one faction change, now that i've rerolled it will be even harder to catch up if the pace continues.

Deleted
    the patch is coming pretty quick but then again it's keeping the content fresh, would people rather have the tier be drawn out and end up as resented as dragon soul was, or would people prefer fresh challenges?

One thing I'd like to hear from the "top" guilds, who actually bother with PTR raiding (top 20, basicly), is if this "crammed in" amount of raiding is preferable to the way they did the 10 mans?
    Let's assume that you get the same amount of testing done, and no matter if it's in a few days or in alot of days, the same amount of bugs are chaught - do you guys prefer that you get to test 3 bosses in one night and be done with testing in 8 days, or do you prefer one a night like 10 man was staggered, and have it take a month to test everything? I'd imagine its alot more relaxing with only one or two weeks being scheduled around PTR-raidtimes, but might just be me (also, I know the majority of you do 10 mans regardless, but who's to say they won't rush that the next time, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    One thing I'd like to hear from the "top" guilds, who actually bother with PTR raiding (top 20, basicly), is if this "crammed in" amount of raiding is preferable to the way they did the 10 mans?
    Let's assume that you get the same amount of testing done, and no matter if it's in a few days or in alot of days, the same amount of bugs are chaught - do you guys prefer that you get to test 3 bosses in one night and be done with testing in 8 days, or do you prefer one a night like 10 man was staggered, and have it take a month to test everything? I'd imagine its alot more relaxing with only one or two weeks being scheduled around PTR-raidtimes, but might just be me (also, I know the majority of you do 10 mans regardless, but who's to say they won't rush that the next time, too).
    The first option is better :)
    Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.