Assassination - FoK Target Switching

This has been annoying me for a while and I can't be the only person who has experienced it. After FoK'ing and applying rupture, I tab targets and FoK again but most of the time the combo points don't get applied to my target but to a different target (I am guessing my previous target). The combo points are definitely building up as if I pop Redirect, they appear.

How do you guarantee that your FoK generated combo points are applied to your current target?

if you're starting FoK on a fresh pack of trash, your combo points will be on the mob you're targetting. if you tab to a different mob (having not spent the combo points) and continue FoKing, the combo points will still be building on the first mob as long as you're hitting it with FoK.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

it's the passive skill that gives 60% chance of a finish move to give a cp, that is working agaisnt fok whn you target swap, so you cant guarantee, but you can just use it on recup or ct if redirect is on cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    if you're starting FoK on a fresh pack of trash, your combo points will be on the mob you're targetting. if you tab to a different mob (having not spent the combo points) and continue FoKing, the combo points will still be building on the first mob as long as you're hitting it with FoK.
    This is exactly the behavior FoK will use. There is a workaround, to use a finisher on your last target, which works conveniently with Crimson Tempest (rather than checking range to last target and having more extra buttons). Alternatively to use finishers, /targetlasttarget, /cast [finisher], /targetlasttarget *should* keep you on the same target and use your finisher on the old one, but I'd have to check the double use of targetlasttarget. Assuming you don't have /focus or a special name on the last target, I'm fairly sure only crimson tempest will ensure the safe transfer of anticipation points if you have them generated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    it's the passive skill that gives 60% chance of a finish move to give a cp, that is working agaisnt fok whn you target swap, so you cant guarantee, but you can just use it on recup or ct if redirect is on cd.
    wait.. what passive? If you're talking about Ruthlessness, i think it was removed in 5.0
    Last edited by mmoc73b3c69870; 2013-02-23 at 11:13 PM.

Yeah this was annoying me for a long time on my rogue until I figured out that I had to dump the combo points on last target. I have always thought it was a bug since none of the single target attacks work like that.