10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They forgot the minute they found out Worgenite "cheated," everyone just instantly homed in on this "WARGONITE RUINED THE GAME!!1!1"

In reality, even if he wasn't lynched, you can bet he would have been night killed. Enemy scum team has every reason to night kill someone they know 100% has a night action. Best case scenario they kill a cop or enemy night killer, worst case scenario they still get a doctor or something.
    Heh. Yes, gray area. It wasn't a punishable offense but was still looked down upon. I wasn't the only one though. Idk how many others, only those I talked to, but I'm not going to throw any of them under the bus. I said if there was no punishment people would do it. Krayzy is talking of modkilling so obviously there's punishment so I won't do it. I can't guarantee I won't talk with Fal at all though :P but I won't talk to anyone else.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I tell my wife my role every game better kill me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooo, the game ended. It's been a long time since I've said anything about mafia. Good job listo and Worgen, but Greeney; Deadshot OP, nerf nao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'm in mountain time zone
    Hey, I am too. I guess that explains why our schedules match up relatively well. It made it a lot easier to play with you than with some of my previous allies.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf Lover View Post
    Ooo, the game ended. It's been a long time since I've said anything about mafia. Good job listo and Worgen, but Greeney; Deadshot OP, nerf nao.
    Wouldn't have been quite as OP had my team had the brains to hit him. Then again, that doesn't change that it was pretty damn strong. When I first heard Listo describe it I thought it was just going to be the first person to target him at night, not everybody who targeted him at night. Kind of like how doctor protections generally only protect against one killer, if the guy is hit by two killers then he'd be dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLood Fox View Post
    it was a mistake, doesn't mean it should effect you form playing here again.
    It was a mistake that he got it, how he used it was deliberate - but technically not against the rules. I suspect, if the rules were different then his actions would be, so that's why I want to read the rules before I sign up for another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I apologize Far.
    It's fine. I just wished that you used the information in a different way.

Listo immediately came out with a successful track on you, you were dead anyway. I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting that.
    True - but I'd prefer to die from 1 person arguing against me because of their role/action in the game, than 2, one doing that and the other shouting from rooftops about info they found outside of the game. My CC swayed people enough to perhaps give me another night of life. People lynched me because of Worg's argument (not listo's tracking), which is what I didn't like once I found out that I had had the rug pulled from under me.

Imagine if Worg had been lynched instead of me on that day. the rest of the game would have changed and we would have had different night actions and winners.

But I don't want to get into this type of argument of what would have happened or could of happened - it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by BLood Fox View Post
    My rules are simple.
    and sound good.

If Worgenite didn't say what he said there was no way he was getting lynched that day. He probably would have lurked his way to Valentine's Day and won regardless, and you most likely would have died and lost regardless. Whether or not those actions changed the game from a town win to Listo solo win is the only real question I think is plausible.

If it came down to a 3 way and someone else was in worg's place Listo wouldn't have been able to say "hurr let's kill the lurker LOL"

15+ Year Old Account
    At that point in the game, if you take out Worgenite's reasonings coupled with your zeal, I don't see Faraway getting max votes needed for a lynch with his claim. I'm sure we would or could have lynched Kapaya that day, seen that Faraway was telling the truth in that he wasn't Mad Hatter, and then seen how the night killers or others with actions dealt with Faraway. Landscape wouldn't have change drastically, but I think Lysah would have also lived that night.

All in all, what's done is done and I hope we don't come into that situation again. It does suck when someone you know personally is in game and somethign slips. I've been thinking of introducing my gf to the game as she's been showing interest after reading a few threads. I know I'd be able to keep stuff from her, but I don't think she would.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    I have honestly been wondering if Worgen and Falbacca should be allowed to play in this upcoming game together. If Worgen had not acted on the info he learned last game then that would have had the chance to alter things just as much as acting on it. If they are going to play together they need to make sure they do not discuss anything. If someone slips then I would ask they be honest and tell me. I would then decide if either or both need to be mod killed.

As long as people are openly honest I am fine with anyone playing.

Rolo, if you are a mod you should get your girlfriend to play. You can be careful and help her without giving away anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I have honestly been wondering if Worgen and Falbacca should be allowed to play in this upcoming game together. If Worgen had not acted on the info he learned last game then that would have had the chance to alter things just as much as acting on it. If they are going to play together they need to make sure they do not discuss anything. If someone slips then I would ask they be honest and tell me. I would then decide if either or both need to be mod killed.
    A slip is a slip :P I can say I won't act on slips in the future if it so pleases you, but punishing us for something unintentional sounds rather jerkish :\ I usually don't discuss stuff with Fal unless we're on the same team(whether it be scum or mason. I ask if she's town but I've never pursued her role if she is). Also, same can be said for Lysah and Trixie(should Trixie ever play again). I know they've shared plenty of stuffs before(like that one time Trixie was a traitor and was instantly recruited to Lysah's team)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

You've got the wrong game. When she was a traitor and I was mafia her being converted was actually a coincidence. Us sharing information was when I was a cop and she was a traitor. Hilariously enough, that's the game that I faked a positive investigation, although it wasn't with information from Trixie.

The real lesson here is that sharing information inevitably leads to a loss, in our experience. Also, I think you scared Trixie away from mafia for good.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-02-23 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I would be asking for is common courtesy. If a slip happens then let me know what happened. I will be fair with my response.

Signup thread will go up tomorrow. Unless Keleb gets back to me by the time I wake up I will PM the quick topic thread to Rolo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    My recruiting every time I've been traitor has been accidental as far as I know. People just really want me dead even though I be zero threat.
    You should come back for this game. I think this game will be fun and a little less serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, forgive my bad memory. It's just it seems like it could be so since both you and Trixie talk to each other a lot.

Aye aye Loco.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wildlife theme sounds really fun. I like the themes, hopefully we can continue that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Worgenite didn't say what he said there was no way he was getting lynched that day. He probably would have lurked his way to Valentine's Day and won regardless, and you most likely would have died and lost regardless. Whether or not those actions changed the game from a town win to Listo solo win is the only real question I think is plausible.

If it came down to a 3 way and someone else was in worg's place Listo wouldn't have been able to say "hurr let's kill the lurker LOL"
    I was kind of surprised with some of Listo's explanation. Honestly, I thought he should have left it at trusting Decagon's claim as Batman. Logically, if he trusted Decagon, then the only thing to do is vote Worgenite.

Sorry I've been away a bit. Last few days have been hectic here. I followed the game after I died and posted a bit in the dead thread as well but stopped analysing the game the last week since I thought it to much work (good that I died or my brain might have exploded :-)).

I'll be talking about modding with Krayzy in PMs and he's already have a thread up for signing up.

Hey Krayzy, as fun as this game sounds I think I'll sit out. So if you want to run ideas by me that would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hey Krayzy, as fun as this game sounds I think I'll sit out. So if you want to run ideas by me that would be fine
    but why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Reviving the thread with the power of love and communism!
    Off with your head!

Deleted
    Cool i was looking for this - A question: Has anyone ever done a designer mafia? Its a mafia in which the players create two roles and send them to the mod who picks one and distributes them among the players making the nescerrary modifications

We've done things sort of like that. There have been a few times where various people have mentioned wanting to see specific roles in a game and we have added them. One or two ideas have been given for some made-up roles too but we ended up not using them due to some balancing concerns. But nothing quite as formal as what you seem to be suggesting.